As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Car Audio - Boss?

MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, but I don't know where else it would go.

Here's my dilemma. I need a new Head Unit for my car to replace the stock unit, and I would normally go with Pioneer Premiere, as I've had nothing but good experiences with their products in the past. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I work for a company that can get other products at cost. Boss (??), RCA (terrible), Power Acoustik (??), Pyle (crap), and Dual (more crap), are available to me at cost. I'm hoping someone here has had experience with Boss Car Audio, and can tell me if they have high quality products, or if it's lower end stuff. There is a deck I found to my liking, that I can get for damn near $175 below retail. I love saving money, but I love high quality car audio more. Thanks in advance.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
MayGodHaveMercy on

• Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, but I don't know where else it would go.

Here's my dilemma. I need a new Head Unit for my car to replace the stock unit, and I would normally go with Pioneer Premiere, as I've had nothing but good experiences with their products in the past. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I work for a company that can get other products at cost. Boss (??), RCA (terrible), Power Acoustik (??), Pyle (crap), and Dual (more crap), are available to me at cost. I'm hoping someone here has had experience with Boss Car Audio, and can tell me if they have high quality products, or if it's lower end stuff. There is a deck I found to my liking, that I can get for damn near $175 below retail. I love saving money, but I love high quality car audio more. Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't that really give you your answer right there? Nothing worse than a bad head unit when it comes to car audio.

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    KMFurDM wrote: »

Shouldn't that really give you your answer right there? Nothing worse than a bad head unit when it comes to car audio.

Well, no. I don't know if Boss is good or bad. It's a new brand to me. That's why I'm asking.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not sure. I will ask a friend of mine who worked with a car stereo installer. Something tells me he will slap me across the face with Pioneer or Alpine books. Especially Alpine.

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I love both of those, but Alpine is not available to me at a discount, and even though Pioneer is, I can't see how much of a discount, as it's not disclosed in the catalog.

MayGodHaveMercy on