As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Australians attending Pax '08

13»

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ashridah wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    ashridah wrote: »
    I'd just as soon go to a local-to-the-event bar, or join into the pub crawl or something.

No fucking way

If there's an Aussie meet up it has to be at Outback Steakhouse.

I went to the one in Vegas last time I was there and it was the funniest damn restaurant experience I've ever had. The menu is Hilarious - "Brisbane Ceaser Salad!" Not to mention the extra special attention we got for being Australians.

Hm, it would probably be entertaining, but I prefer South African steakhouses to Australian ones. Unless the Australian one is going to serve a massive chunk of Lamb. (Man, a decent rack of lamb would go down well right now, best I can get is a lamb shank or a few miniscule individual chops ATM :( )

All the Outback by my place have a rack of lamb on the menu but it is damn expensive to order it. But they also have Fosters on tap and recommend it to people cause it is an Australian beer. Probably not the most authentic Australian experience around in the U.S.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TNTrooper wrote: »

All the Outback by my place have a rack of lamb on the menu but it is damn expensive to order it. But they also have Fosters on tap and recommend it to people cause it is an Australian beer. Probably not the most authentic Australian experience around in the U.S.

Bah, better off at the Kangaroo And Kiwi then. They at least have imported bottled australian beer. :) that settles it. Outback steakhouse followed by boozeup at the kangaroo and kiwi. best of both worlds.... except i'd be driving. damnit. :)

ashridah on
  • Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Getting close now

Should I bring some vegemite to force upon our american brothers (and sisters)?

Maybe...

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mr_Snuffle wrote: »
    Getting close now

Should I bring some vegemite to force upon our american brothers (and sisters)?

Maybe...

Especially to the parties or a pub crawl!

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You won't be the only one bringing vegemite. The more the merrier!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
This discussion has been closed.