As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Break Snuffle's SleepyTime Application!

Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've written a little app that will automatically mute and turn off your monitor after a specified amount of time. The idea is that I like going to sleep while watching stuff on my computer, but DVD menus can be noisy, and monitors can be bright. Basically this little application sits in your system tray, and you right click to use it.

http://cid-fb8f6b95c047037b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/SleepyTime.exe

I'm uncertain if the muting/monitor power off will work on all PCs though, so if people could give it a go for me, I'd appreciate it. There isn't a lot to break in this application, but you can try :)

Just load it up, set it to sleep in 1 minute, and see if it works. The monitor will turn off, and sound will mute. It will be reenabled the moment you move the mouse

You can mouse over the tray icon to see how much time you have left until sleep time

I'm not sure how it's going to go on vista either

Thanks for the help guys

www.eightandahalfbit.com
Mr_Snuffle on

• Options
    WylderneedshelpWylderneedshelp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You know, maybe some people are nicer and/or more trusting than me.... but there is no way in hell Im downloading an .exe file off a forum and clicking it.

Good greif.

Wylderneedshelp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I thought some people might choose not to trust me, but that's their call really. I'm certainlly not going to hold it against people for not wanting to run it :P

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    WylderneedshelpWylderneedshelp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thats fair.

Just sayin'

Wylderneedshelp on
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll bite. Gimme a sec.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright, it worked like a charm. I believed it muted the sound as opposed to pausing the music. Using iTunes for the record.

This will be quite useful. Thanks and good job!

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seemed to work fine on my laptop under XP.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Works under XP. This is great man, MUCH appreciated. Sometimes I watch movies with my girlfriend, but can't be boned getting up and turning everything off. Really great. Thanks a lot.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Cool, glad it's working for people. For those who downloaded it earlier, there is an updated version up now.

Also, you can start the app with "SleepyTime.exe <Countdown>" from the command line if you want to start a timer immediately

Any feedback is certainly welcome

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    hmmm... just gave it a go on my vista laptop the monitor turns off, but sound stays on

I shall investigate!

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Works with dual monitors on XP. Could you hide the Form1 window? That'd be awesome. :D

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zetx wrote: »
    Works with dual monitors on XP. Could you hide the Form1 window? That'd be awesome. :D

I thought it was hidden. could you tell me what version your running, and what you did to see Form1?

thanks

edit - ah, I see it. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll see if I have time to fix it tomorrow

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can you have a 'Go to Sleep now' button in the menu?

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I sure can, I already have the "Sleep in 1 minute" option, but I can add one which sleeps in 1 or 2 seconds

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com