As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TOURNEY ON...AGAIN] Team Fortress 2 Penny Arcade Tournament TWO!

2»

• Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Uh..

I want to play!
    Steam ID : TyrantCow
    But, I go by MooMan in game.
    Work until 5 (Mountain Time -7:00) Mon - Fri, and could work my weekend schedule around matches.
    I play most everything... Soldier, Demo, Medic, Engy, Sniper are my top 5.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Uh... so when you say 'average points' you definitely mean something different than what the game says, because there's no way people are averaging 25 points a life.

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/slagmire

I guess I'm in, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about single elimination. Now, a kind of league format with a complete round robin style, followed by a four team playoff... that might be pretty sweet.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not sure I believe those stats... if everyone has an average kills per life of around 10, where are all the people with the .1 averages to balance it out. logically, for some people to have stats that good, others must have stats that bad... besides, even the 'best' players usually have only like a 3:1 K/D ratio, and I put 'best' in quotes because being too cautious and not dying doesn't always mean you're doing the most you can for your team. Sometimes you have to take chances to help your team push forward.

anyway, DiscoZombie is interested.

I don't particularly want to be captain; however, I do still have 'ownership' of the Fruit Fuckers steam group from the last tourney. If we were using the same team names, that would be convenient. =p

I prefer weeknights in eastern standard time for tourney games.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As I missed the last one, I'm totally in this time around.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sharp1011/

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know what's going on anymore, but I'd be up for the next tournament, if and when it comes around. Although those average stats sound like complete bollocks to me, and we should be going off the averages produced ingame.

Hopefully this time it'll just be PA server regs rather than complete strangers who post once to sign up, ignore the training matches, turn up to the actual match late, get kicked because some poor sod's been drafted in to replace them, and bitch about it on the forums while remaining blind to the fact that they're the cause of the problem, not the organisers.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dammit, second page my ass!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    BarrettSanBarrettSan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have been really getting into TF2 lately and would like to participate. I don't have my point ratios here at work but will post when I get home. Steam ID is BarrettSan.

BarrettSan on
    threadjux8lx.jpg
  • Options
    TharghorTharghor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not sure I believe those stats... if everyone has an average kills per life of around 10, where are all the people with the .1 averages to balance it out. logically, for some people to have stats that good, others must have stats that bad... besides, even the 'best' players usually have only like a 3:1 K/D ratio, and I put 'best' in quotes because being too cautious and not dying doesn't always mean you're doing the most you can for your team. Sometimes you have to take chances to help your team push forward.

I have 29 kills as my max (engineer), that same round I got 10 sentry gun kills. Therefore, I believe removing a sapper charge and destroying an engineer building counts as a kill.

Tharghor on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Tourny was aborted, stop signing up.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png