As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aqua Dots: the Date Rape Drug

13»

• Options
    waterloggedwaterlogged Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Or I'm used to going to clubs where the security staff search you before letting you in.

most dealers aren't searched, getting a VIP walk past is easy, and even then there is the old "safet pin a bag to your under pants right over your balls and tuck it" trick that I've seen pulled off at every club. You can get drugs into anywhere easily provided you haven't been completely sheltered.
    Point: there is much overhyped bollocks surrounding "date-rape drugs" and so the dangers of alcohol itself are generally overlooked.

Only a person that doesn't really drink and never did drugs would think this remotely true.

FACT- I can slip you a knock out dose of GHB and you'll never notice it in one drink, not possible at all with alcohol.

waterlogged on
    Democrat that will switch parties and turn red if Clinton is nominated.:P[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gorak wrote: »
    Also, I'm not saying one shot of vodka is ging to put someone out. A date lasts longer than one drink - hopefully.

Okay, context problem. Getting your date trashed enough to take advantage of requires consent to drink that much on the part of the victim. With GHB, it takes -one- drink, well before any defenses are raised... and honesty it's not always used on "dates." They're slipped into drinks by bar patrons who zero in on the affected person and "offer to drive them home." Sometimes they're lucky enough to have friends nearby to take care of them. Sometimes not.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, remember that bit in The Princess Bride where they make a big deal about iocaine powder being odorless, tasteless, and dissolving instantly in water?

Yeah, that's liquid GHB. Okay, it's not 100% tasteless, the pure form has a very slight metallic salty taste, but mixed in a drink or even a diet soda? You won't know it's there until your vision starts to blur.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.