As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

so... Lineage 2

XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
yeah, it sucks. But they were giving it out for free to every tom, dick, and harry, and I doubt I could get more than like $10 for it if I returned it, so I figure I should probably just play it a month.

Anyone else got it want to maybe start together later this week, get a PAX-group going for a month until the subscription ends, and then we can all go back to our City of Heroes / WoW / whatever else?

Xieflow on

• Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Heck, we could get some City of Heroes going with the bootleg editions they were handing out.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    well yeah, my CoH account is already active, and there's a good PA CoH channel on Virtue to join. It's just I don't think anyone that isn't asian plays Lineage 2.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    What's the bootleg of City Of Heroes do, anyway?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I've been playing the lineage 2 that I won and I like it.

Also, fuck WoW.

Weaver on
  • Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Just a trial two week version, I believe.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2005

its a two week free subscription. if you play, then you buy it later, you can continue the game from where you left off, because they will keep your account on standby basically. it's not like a demo that is a diffeirent incompatible version

Nephirij on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Nephirij wrote:

its a two week free subscription. if you play, then you buy it later, you can continue the game from where you left off, because they will keep your account on standby basically. it's not like a demo that is a diffeirent incompatible version

Ahh, I see.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Yeah.

It's like the free trial that they have online, but you don't have to download the game for a few days.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I picked up the bootleg, and also won a copy of CoH. I figure this will give me a month and a half free to decide if I want to pay $15 a month for it.

I also got Lineage II, but the return proceeds will go to buy me Meteos tomorrow night.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    i like how the guys at the ncsoft booth didn't know anything about auto assault

THANKS

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    GeeCee wrote:
    i like how the guys at the ncsoft booth didn't know anything about auto assault

THANKS

Yeah, first thing I did was ask 'em about Auto Assault.

I have no clue why it wasn't there, it was at E3...

Xieflow on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    I've still got at least 15 copies of Lineage 2 and about 2 years of the L2 60 day gametime cards from the last box I recieved from NC. Usually at LANs people get happy about winning copies of CoH, and I've had great feedback when handing out Guild Wars copies but I've found very, very few people locally who will even activate copies of Lineage 2 after winning them. =/

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I've still got at least 15 copies of Lineage 2 and about 2 years of the L2 60 day gametime cards from the last box I recieved from NC. Usually at LANs people get happy about winning copies of CoH, and I've had great feedback when handing out Guild Wars copies but I've found very, very few people locally who will even activate copies of Lineage 2 after winning them. =/

Wait... were you the guy doing the trivia?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    So what's the big deal against Lineage 2? Really I haven't seen anything wrong with it yet. Is it too pvp for you?

Weaver on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    No.. I wasen't the guy doing the trivia.
    And no, I wouldn't say L2 is too "pvp", being that "pvp" is something I require in a good MMO.. I personally have no gripe with L2, unfortunately it just doesen't seem to grab enough attention/devotion from the American market. Which is obviously why NC was handing so many copies out =P

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I really can't see how Lineage 2 could stand a chance when you've got very similar, but better MMOs out there like WoW.

And when I played in the Lineage 2 beta, it felt like every other MMO I've played (DAOC, EQ, FFXI, et cetera), except it really sucked because I died less than 5 minutes after creating my character, I was reading the absolute begining tutorial text. That is not a good game design. In fact, that is probably the worst game design ever. If people can just sit at the new character spawn and kill people, uggg...

I wouldn't even bother keeping this game if it wasn't for the fact it's got zero resale value.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Xieflow wrote:
    I really can't see how Lineage 2 could stand a chance when you've got very similar, but better MMOs out there like WoW.

And when I played in the Lineage 2 beta, it felt like every other MMO I've played (DAOC, EQ, FFXI, et cetera), except it really sucked because I died less than 5 minutes after creating my character, I was reading the absolute begining tutorial text. That is not a good game design. In fact, that is probably the worst game design ever. If people can just sit at the new character spawn and kill people, uggg...

I wouldn't even bother keeping this game if it wasn't for the fact it's got zero resale value.

Hey man. That was the beta. I've been attacked once by another player and I lived. The new character area is an island all to itself and it is heavily gaurded by NPC gaurds.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    That was just an initial impression on how that game blows. I did continue playing it, and got a character into the teen levels, and like I said, it was completely identical to every other lame EQ-style MMO out there. So I went back to CoH.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Lineage II just got me $20 towards a purchase of Meteos tonight. Which I bought as a direct result of DL play at PAX this year.

You hear that devs? Put more DL play in your goddamn games!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    hmm, maybe I should exchange it at a Walmart or something then. Didn't think I could get near that much.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    Desert ThunderDesert Thunder Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I want to play Lineage II (I got the 2-week free trial), since I really liked what I played of it at NCsoft's booth, but unfortunately the game client on the NCsoft website is incomplete and doesn't have some of the files that are required to play the game.

...Sooo, Son of Seriathas, what would I have to do to get one of those copies of the game and the gametime cards you have?

Desert Thunder on
    I'm gonna build a stepfather factory.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I tried returning it but Best Buy and Target dont carry it anymore... Havnt tried Wal-Mart, and the Circuit City near me completly stopped carrying PC Games alltogether sometime last year for who know what reason. Havnt bothered with EB Games or Gamestop since they consider a game returned without reciept a Trade-In, and give you shit for it even if its unopened.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    The Quizmaster is awesome. I am in love with him.

Quizmaster.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    I want to play Lineage II (I got the 2-week free trial), since I really liked what I played of it at NCsoft's booth, but unfortunately the game client on the NCsoft website is incomplete and doesn't have some of the files that are required to play the game.

...Sooo, Son of Seriathas, what would I have to do to get one of those copies of the game and the gametime cards you have?

Well, I have an extra game key for the full version, so if you can get the full client I'll give you the key.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Desert ThunderDesert Thunder Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Thanks Weaver... Now all I need to do is figure out how to get an actual answer out of NCsoft's Tech Support. They keep on asking all these ridiculously unrelated questions 'to figure out the nature of my problem' when all they're doing is making it laughably apparent that nobody even read my question in the first place.

Desert Thunder on
    I'm gonna build a stepfather factory.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    eelektrik wrote:
    I tried returning it but Best Buy and Target dont carry it anymore... Havnt tried Wal-Mart, and the Circuit City near me completly stopped carrying PC Games alltogether sometime last year for who know what reason. Havnt bothered with EB Games or Gamestop since they consider a game returned without reciept a Trade-In, and give you shit for it even if its unopened.

If you have one near you, try Fred Meyer. That's where I returned mine.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    eelektrik wrote:

If you have one near you, try Fred Meyer. That's where I returned mine.

Nope, none of those down here in Southern California...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)