As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    Worst 2fort ever.

Sapped a lot of teleporter shit though.

I generally just don't like 2fort. Its too linear for my tastes, not enough little back ways into the base etc. I just can't stand the engineer spam the Aussie servers inevitably have, or the demo camping the spawns. Thats just boring no matter what side of it you're on.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    redhead wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

Most I've seen is 5 engies planked in the intel. We had put all our dispensers in a neat little corner of the room and had a Heavy sitting on top of it whose job was to perma-shoot anyone that waltzed in.

One LAN game I was at a little while ago we all went into a random internet server, took up one entire team of a 24-person 2fort game, went engineer and put sentries in the intel room.

Good times.
    who won?

I think they cleared us out of the intel room eventually (partially by camping our spawns with turrets so we couldn't get back down there to rebuild / repair), and so we got bored with engineer and switched to another class.

It was like that for about a good hour - all scout, all demomen, whatever we felt was ridiculous enough to be entertaining. Engineer was just the only one that lasted any length of time.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    All in all I wouldn't mind TF2 if the maps weren't so goddamned enclosed.

Wide open maps would be great.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

I generally just don't like 2fort. Its too linear for my tastes, not enough little back ways into the base etc. I just can't stand the engineer spam the Aussie servers inevitably have, or the demo camping the spawns. Thats just boring no matter what side of it you're on.
    it's just far too rewarding to camp. the way the intel room and the area around it are set up makes them really easy to camp as demoman or engineer, and the fact that the only outside area of the map is a straight line with nothing huge to block line of sight makes it far too easy and rewarding to snipe.

in a typical game, the 4 snipers on each team have a masturbatory shootout outside sniping each other, accomplishing nothing, while the 2 demomen and 3 engineers set up massive defenses in the easily-defended intel room area, easily killing anyone foolish enough to (god forbid) attack

redhead on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

it's just far too rewarding to camp. the way the intel room and the area around it are set up makes them really easy to camp as demoman or engineer, and the fact that the only outside area of the map is a straight line with nothing huge to block line of sight makes it far too easy and rewarding to snipe.

in a typical game, the 4 snipers on each team have a masturbatory shootout outside sniping each other, accomplishing nothing, while the 2 demomen and 3 engineers set up massive defenses in the easily-defended intel room area, easily killing anyone foolish enough to (god forbid) attack

Yep, then I play soldier and run across the bridge jump up on the right side up onto the corrugated iron fence. Wait for the snipers to come out then jump down and beat them with the shovel. Fucking snipers.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

Yep, then I play soldier and run across the bridge jump up on the right side up onto the corrugated iron fence. Wait for the snipers to come out then jump down and beat them with the shovel. Fucking snipers.

But see the problem with 2fort is that that doesn't really end up helping anything because all those snipers were going to do is snipe your snipers and since all your snipers are doing is sniping snipers they aren't doing anything constructive (in terms of the objectives). Since it is almost impossible to set up a front line you can't push it back and forth so the only times you end up doing something constructive is when you either destroy the sgs in the intel room or cap the intel. That is what I don't like about 2fort.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

But see the problem with 2fort is that that doesn't really end up helping anything because all those snipers were going to do is snipe your snipers and since all your snipers are doing is sniping snipers they aren't doing anything constructive (in terms of the objectives). Since it is almost impossible to set up a front line you can't push it back and forth so the only times you end up doing something constructive is when you either destroy the sgs in the intel room or cap the intel. That is what I don't like about 2fort.

Yeah I know it doesn't help anything. We just mull around doing shit all... thats why I hate 2fort.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    people who spam voice messages can go get raped by a knife

"Need a teleporter here" is an unscourced meme.
    Its really annoying and not at all funny.

It's A G+T thing, clearly. Fuck them in their various orifices, including their eye sockets.

Man, fuck that. I started that shit and I'm not having a damn forum take credit for it.

Garthor on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    also still waiting to get good at sniping

hasn't happened yet

man, sniping is so freakin easy.

1) Keep point on wall enemy can't see easily.

2) Aim at head.

3) Fire.

4) Rinse and repeat.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

Snipers are awesome for shooting scouts out of mid-air as they try to double jump over the bridge, plus snipers are good surveillance for who's coming to attack, what enemy spies are disguised as, and then there's the knife. Oh my me the knife. The vahalla of weapons.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Worst 2fort ever.

Snipers are awesome for shooting scouts out of mid-air as they try to double jump over the bridge, plus snipers are good surveillance for who's coming to attack, what enemy spies are disguised as, and then there's the knife. Oh my me the knife. The vahalla of weapons.

The spy's pansy-ass blade is a knife. What the sniper has is a knoife.

Garthor on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was trying to figure out how to speel knoife, but I figured people would just say it with an Aussie inflection anyway, because seriously if you play sniper you run around talking to your mates like you stomped out of the outback.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Garthor wrote: »
    Worst 2fort ever.

The spy's pansy-ass blade is a knife. What the sniper has is a knoife.

That's not a knoife.

*Whips out a spoon*

THIS is a knoife!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited November 2007
    That's a spoon

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Seriously. Valve totally fucked the theme of the sniper. I know hes supposed to be Australian but he fails so hard, he says some things Aussies would in your stereotypical views and I would be cool with that if they didn't make him say stereotypically British things as well, damn. Why didn't they just let me do his voice.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    guys

I love TF2.

how do I get in the PA secret club.

halp

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    kill your firstborn son

Nuzak on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    done

now what

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Repeat until you get more instructions.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seriously. Valve totally fucked the theme of the sniper. I know hes supposed to be Australian but he fails so hard, he says some things Aussies would in your stereotypical views and I would be cool with that if they didn't make him say stereotypically British things as well, damn. Why didn't they just let me do his voice.

dude.. all of the characters are stereotypes.

AHH! on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MY TEAM IS FULL OF BABIES

tf3.png

tf4.png

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ahaha what the hell

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    awww

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    where are the pictures showing the babies killing each other

AHH! on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    thats not what the hell

THIS is what the hell

alex.jpg

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    no
    no
    no
    no

AHH! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    haha

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    thats not what the hell

THIS is what the hell

alex.jpg

SHOUTINGBUTWRITING.jpg

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    "I can always count on you to find a way through~"

AHH! on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I... thought he was supposed to be a british big-game hunter.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What the fuck internet.

And those babies are seriously sinister. What with the MSPaint and what not it reminds me of some terrible things involving diapers and what not that scourged these boards so forgive me if I don't see those pictures heading down a dark precipitous slope to depravity and sin.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    but his hat has a fold on it

he must be australian

AHH! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    his accent is clearly australian

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Those babies are the cutest.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And I didn't even know that you can destroy the barrels in the game.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    AHH! wrote: »
    no
    no
    no
    no

mama mia

mama mia

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    every time i try to play this game it's really laggy and i never get out of the spawn point

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You might want to put something in that run command or whatever that shit is called.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i have it for 360 also i don't know what that means

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I don't know either.

PotU on