Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Team Fortress 2

1575859606163»

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
  • TrellTrell __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2008
    i love trell
    :oops:

new Valve maps sound awesome. I like the ones they have now, but variety is always good, and there's always assholes on custom map servers complaining about how people don't know the map.

ori's modding is stupid and arbitrary and based on no actual rule system but rather wind patterns and astrology.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Trell wrote: »
    i love trell
    :oops:

new Valve maps sound awesome. I like the ones they have now, but variety is always good, and there's always assholes on custom map servers complaining about how people don't know the map.

I really like the design of some of the custom maps, though. CP wolf is awesome, even if it's a little bigger than it needs to be.

There's also the falling balls map, but I can't remember the actual name of it. I'll just post a screen.
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
    edited January 2008
    it's not the design that bugs me, really. some of them are pretty well designed, orange_x and lazytown particularly are two of my favorite customs. it's just hard to go into a server with a map you've never seen and get constantly blown up by the guy who found the perfect spot to send rockets or headshotted from obviously designed sniper outlooks.

ori's modding is stupid and arbitrary and based on no actual rule system but rather wind patterns and astrology.
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I got what you mean. I have a habit of forgetting the original point of a post by the time I've begun typing it.

aik7511.jpg
    edited January 2008
    it's kool. I really want to find that falling balls map, though. it looks hilarious.

edited January 2008
    I believe it's called ahoballs, and it's hilarious.

The points are located at the center, and top of a ramp. The only way onto the ramp is by being launched. Along the way up, you have to make your way past tons of falling balls coming from the top, just touching one will kill you so it's very hectic and chaotic. Along the way there are pillars popping up and down launching players and plays every which way.

The opposing team has an advantage if they can actually get onto the last point, because the defending team can stand in front of it but not walk on top of it. The only problem there, is it's almost impossible for a good number of players to get all the way up the ramp alive what with the balls and the pillars and the defending team.

aik7511.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh shit when did trell get back

<3

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited January 2008
    shit I been back. (off and on since october or so)

• WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I was never a huge fan of badlands, though its still has a good overall layout. I just hope they don't turn that into a CP map too.

of all the old tfc maps to turn into a new CP map, why not the classic control point map cz2? I actually liked that one. or warpath

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    I think I played a new Warpath map. I don't think we had enough players on it though.

edited January 2008
    warpath was so excellent.

tf2sig.jpg
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Next thread, the OP should have links to decent custom maps.

pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542
    edited January 2008
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Would probably have been funnier without the last 3 panels.

samnmaxsigco0.jpg
  • OrestesOrestes Registered User
    edited January 2008
    I would agree

edited January 2008
    I didn't force you to read the last 3

tf2sig.jpg
    edited January 2008
    but you gave us the option, this is where you fail.

• Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    6jexlwm.jpg
    6q9pr9j.jpg

Death to PA.
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    aww, the spy has no mask or knife

e: also, playing

This discussion has been closed.