As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes - Season 2 [spoilers] - Now with less black emo tears!

• Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Guys can we start a debate about how the haitian's power suppresion is actually just making people 'forget' how to use their powers since having 2 different powers is impossible?

Ok, I'll indulge you.

The Hatian has to touch someone in order to take their memories. When he is supressing powers, he isn't touching them.

Also, the Hatian cannot give someone their memory back, yet when he is done supressing powers, the evolved human is able to use their powers again.
    In the comic, the first time the Haitian uses his power, he wipes out the memories of the entire village, all at once. I doubt he touched any of them, let alone ran around touching all of them yanking their memories out.

That was more of just releasing waves of his power unhindered and destroying their minds. Even with all his memories gone, Peter was still a normal human being. The village people on the other hand were zombified. There's a bit of a difference there.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    Where the fuck was Matt's dad when the company was chasing after Sylar?

Though I suppose they probably figured Eve and The Haitian were enough.

I'm actually really really curious what all these old guys have been doing,and think it would make for some great plot-arcs if Linderman's death and the subsequent recalling or reshuffling of Company assets had some sort of fallout that we haven't seen yet.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed at the blood thing. Now anyone that dies can potentially be revived, which makes death much less dramatic. I'd rather not have seen the last scene.

Don't worry, in the next episode, he comes back as a crimson head.

Then, Nikki develops a Claire Redfield personality and tries to decapitate him.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Joshua368 wrote: »
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Guys can we start a debate about how the haitian's power suppresion is actually just making people 'forget' how to use their powers since having 2 different powers is impossible?

Ok, I'll indulge you.

The Hatian has to touch someone in order to take their memories. When he is supressing powers, he isn't touching them.

Also, the Hatian cannot give someone their memory back, yet when he is done supressing powers, the evolved human is able to use their powers again.
    In the comic, the first time the Haitian uses his power, he wipes out the memories of the entire village, all at once. I doubt he touched any of them, let alone ran around touching all of them yanking their memories out.

That was more of just releasing waves of his power unhindered and destroying their minds. Even with all his memories gone, Peter was still a normal human being. The village people on the other hand were zombified. There's a bit of a difference there.
    That just means he didn't take everything from Peter. You take everything, you have to relearn how to walk, talk, basically anything you learned past birth. He took everything from the villagers.

Either way, he managed this without touching them, which is, I think, the point.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So did we figure out what Hiro's dad's powers were?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    His power is to fall from tall buildings without resistance.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No, but we can speculate.

He teaches real good.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The overpowering urge to succumb to gravity?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    I too was wondering why the Company hasn't been stockpiling Adam's blood.

Either the writers did think of that, and there is some nasty dark side to Adam-blood (which Claire-blood might not share), or this whole unnecessary excursion was a crafty ploy to bring Mohinder around; or they didn't and it's just bad writing. Hm.

I'm guessing that after being around for 400 years, he's probably got enough control over his powers that he can't be hurt at all unless he allows it, or at least not if he's concentrating. Like when Peter hit him with that lightning bolt, and it barely did anything to him.

If they have Claire, then they can get her to voluntarily give her blood.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just watched it and yeah Mohinder that makes sense. Don't kill Bob. I know, I'll kill you instead, that will balance things out. Fucking biggest retard in television.

I don't think it was that bad. Noah was going off the deep end. Mohinder didn't want to kill him, but the only way to save Nikki and suppress the virus in the future was to get Claire's blood and Noah was standing in the way. Mohinder knows the company is morally ambiguous, but he believes that Claire's blood is the only way to stop the virus.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

He teaches real good.

Yeah, I remember rolling my eyes whenever I heard that last season. As though Sulu was training Hiro to confront a master swordsman, and not a dude with telekenesis and freezing powers.

We also never learned Charles's power either, other than to give worthless speeches.

Oh, and why the heck is Elle driving the car despite the fact that she's a psychopath who is very rarely let out of the facility (thus, very little driving experience) who had just been shot in the arm?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Still, Mohinder could have just come out and said that there's a mutated strain now, it's infected one of the people who helped save New York 4 months ago, and Claire's blood might be the only thing that could cure her, and possibly anyone else who contracts it.

He had that opportunity in the car when Noah picked him up- and he blew it because he was being unintentionally vague.

Tach on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    guys

easiest way to answer the "why didn't they stockpile adam's blood" question:

maybe it just loses its regenerative properties after a while, eh?

it's why they actually needed claire, and not just like, a fed-ex'd packet of her blood

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Did anyone notice that in the premier, Kaito says that there are nine company people left.

But in the latest episode, Matt says that they're done to four.

What happened to the other four?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    Question: I watched the last half of an episode last night. It all seemed very stupid to me, and excessively melodramatic, but I wasn't sure if it was just because I had no idea what was going on and wasn't emotionally invested in the characters. Should I bother trying to watch the show from the beginning?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Question: I watched the last half of an episode last night. It all seemed very stupid to me, and excessively melodramatic, but I wasn't sure if it was just because I had no idea what was going on and wasn't emotionally invested in the characters. Should I bother trying to watch the show from the beginning?

yes

heroes is a serial program

there are no "standalone" episodes

you can't just pick up any episode, watch it, and understand the show or give a shit about the characters

Pony on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tach wrote: »
    Still, Mohinder could have just come out and said that there's a mutated strain now, it's infected one of the people who helped save New York 4 months ago, and Claire's blood might be the only thing that could cure her, and possibly anyone else who contracts it.

He had that opportunity in the car when Noah picked him up- and he blew it because he was being unintentionally vague.

I think Noah wouldn't have agreed to cooperate regardless. He was completely dead set against Claire being involved with the company in any way. Bob knew from the beginning that being diplomatic with him was useless, which is the main reason things turned out this way.

Zek on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and why the heck is Elle driving the car despite the fact that she's a psychopath who is very rarely let out of the facility (thus, very little driving experience) who had just been shot in the arm?

She drives around in Ireland. So she can drive.

As for why she was driving after being shot? I dunno. Maybe she refused to let Bob drive. Does it really matter?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Tach wrote: »

I think Noah wouldn't have agreed to cooperate regardless. He was completely dead set against Claire being involved with the company in any way. Bob knew from the beginning that being diplomatic with him was useless, which is the main reason things turned out this way.

True, but it might have worked better than "get in the car, try to reason with him while not telling the truth, and then pull a gun on him".

And Bob. Don't get me started. The way they're trying to keep his morals ambiguous is really getting on my nerves. "He's a bad guy, no wait- he's a good guy, no- he's bad, uh- wait, he's... weirdly beneficial, no he's still evil."

Tach on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

He teaches real good.

Yeah, I remember rolling my eyes whenever I heard that last season. As though Sulu was training Hiro to confront a master swordsman, and not a dude with telekenesis and freezing powers.

We also never learned Charles's power either, other than to give worthless speeches.

Okay, so apparently you've always been a big nitpicker of this show. :D

As for the teaching things, it became kind of clear (almost to the point of being hackneyed) that the training session was to teach Hiro to "cut out his heart" so he could kill Sylar.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    About the blood; Isnt there a limit to how long regular blood can be stored? Also
    Blood transfusions require a beating heart and a functioning circulatory system. Something we all know dead people lack. So how did HRG get the blood in his system?

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Artificial heart.

He's part cyborg now.

Or was the Terminator reference not clear to you?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    About the blood; Isnt there a limit to how long regular blood can be stored? Also
    Blood transfusions require a beating heart and a functioning circulatory system. Something we all know dead people lack. So how did HRG get the blood in his system?

Assumedly it rejuvenates the coagulated blood as it moves through the body, rapidly reversing the effects of rigormortis.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

As for the teaching things, it became kind of clear (almost to the point of being hackneyed) that the training session was to teach Hiro to "cut out his heart" so he could kill Sylar.

"Hey Peter, you have the power to love unconditionally! And by that, I'm telling you that your should give Sylar a major beatdown, and then blow up over the city."

It's like Harry Potter, only with a different ending.

Oh, and what would happen if Charlie met with the Haitian?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

"Hey Peter, you have the power to love unconditionally! And by that, I'm telling you that your should give Sylar a major beatdown, and then blow up over the city."

It's like Harry Potter, only with a different ending.

Oh, and what would happen if Charlie met with the Haitian?

She'd probably have an aneur...ooh.

Too soon?

cytorak on
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bennet surviving is kind of like the Petrellis surviving: we're all hoping for it because they're good characters, but it kind of spoils their deaths.

This episode's actually managed to make West likeable, that was a surprise. Especially him bonding with Bennet. Also, as usual, Bennet's great.

Actually, this whole season's done a good job of putting the characters we liked into uncomfortable positions - like Matt and Mohinder

BernardBernoulli on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We liked Mohinder?

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    We liked Mohinder?

Better yet, there were people hoping the Petrellis would survive?

Invisible on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What i like about this season (now that it's finally got pace) is that they're introducing shades of gray and moral ambiguity into the story. Season One had Good Guys, Bad Guys and a Prime Evil, and right from the start, for just about everyone it was clear who was what, with only Bennett changing sides really. (And the extremely obvious Nathan Patrelli turnaround).

Now, you got Matt finding a power that's very hard to resist, Mohinder getting in way, way over his head, Bobs motives being unclear, Bennett going vigilante, Adam going for revenge against the Company who jailed him for 30 years.

I'm wondering mostly how they are going to flesh out Adam. Yeah, he's prolly the real evil guy, but he's lived 400 years, and that's a lot of time to change. There have been hints in the past that he initially did join the Company to help them out, help the world, and this is also what he tells Peter he plans to do still.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ma Patrelli and Linderman wanted to help the world too. By blowing up New York.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

You do realize driving a car is not that complicated, right?

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What puzzled me was that, when the hooded character emerges from the stairway, he's sliding his hands along the walls, as if he is blind. Whereas we know that Adam is not blind. Furthermore, it strikes me as odd that he doesn't speak a word.

The whole thing doesn't really make sense actually. So Hiro crossed Adam in 1671 Japan by stealing his girl. But if this made Adam bitter, why did he work with Hiro's father (as part of that group) for years? He must have had plenty of opportunities to kill the father of the guy he hates.

Also, when Hiro's father sees the hooded figure, he says, "out of all people, they sent you" which means Adam is working for a greater power.

Weird.

ege02 on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    What puzzled me was that, when the hooded character emerges from the stairway, he's sliding his hands along the walls, as if he is blind. Whereas we know that Adam is not blind. Furthermore, it strikes me as odd that he doesn't speak a word.

The whole thing doesn't really make sense actually. So Hiro crossed Adam in 1671 Japan by stealing his girl. But if this made Adam bitter, why did he work with Hiro's father (as part of that group) for years? He must have had plenty of opportunities to kill the father of the guy he hates.

Also, when Hiro's father sees the hooded figure, he says, "out of all people, they sent you" which means Adam is working for a greater power.

Weird.

Woah, woah, are you saying they're making this up as they go along and don't know a thing about planning or good reveals or shocking twists? Because if thats what you are saying, you're so...you're so wrong.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    fuck

you

mohinder

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Weird.

Woah, woah, are you saying they're making this up as they go along and don't know a thing about planning or good reveals or shocking twists? Because if thats what you are saying, you're so...you're so wrong.

The number of shocking twists in the show so far, Episode 1 and 2 combined, is a big fat zero.

Yes, there have been twists, but they were hardly shocking.

As for making it up as they go along, they said they have a vague idea of where they want the show to go as far as five seasons down the line, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were making up the details as they go. We know that several scenes, such as that showing Kaito Nakamura's death, have been re-shot in order to fit the new version of the story. So, it is possible.

ege02 on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Noah remains the best character on the show.
    "Hurts like a bitch doesn't it"

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought we did like Mohinder. It was all like "man, that Mohinder's so stoopid, can't even magically figure out that's Sylar," "hey, Mohinder figured out it was Sylar, that was quite clever"

And wasn't there a lot of stuff about people wanting Peter and/or Nathan to survive? Maybe it was just the assumption that Peter would survive I'm remembering

One thing I like about the Company, which I've mentioned repeatedly, is that the only thing clear about it is that everyone involved thinks they're good guys. The older generation seemed to start off with this "we can help people!" philosophy, which gradually turned into a more pragmatic approach, where they concluded a character like Peter would be a threat to millions, so they'd lock him up indefinitely - not nice for him, nice for all the people he can't wipe out. They really do make it clear that the Company's full of "good guys" who think doing bad things can have good results

BernardBernoulli on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Weird.

I'm gonna guess there are two Adams. Adam was split in half and his lizard-like regenerative powers grew his pieces into two people. I'm just remembering an old X-Files episode where a guy with cancer used his cancerous growths to do just that so I'm probably way off with Heroes. Someone had better find Claire's little toe she cut off and make sure it's not still growing a new Claire. :)

emnmnme on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hope that's not the case. As much as I enjoy the idea of Claire and him being D&D trolls, it would be a tad corny if he'd just grow another one of himself.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.