Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] of Lovecraft: West Victory!

1323335373840

Posts

  • TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I have yet to be trusted with any role except villager.
    Once I was a seer, we remember how that turned out, eh? :D

    God, I was the worst defender ever in the Newham game. Worst. Ever.

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have yet to be trusted with any role except villager.
    Once I was a seer, we remember how that turned out, eh? :D

    God, I was the worst defender ever in the Newham game. Worst. Ever.
    I saw too much and went bonkers.
    Spoiler:
    The lolthulu pictures are apropos. I'll be damned if I can't post them in the Cthulu phalla.
    :D
    Why would I even go near those if I was really a cultist?

    39kEWYh.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So erm, does anyone have a better target than Fuzzy? I looked through the posts from the past 2 days and there really isn't that much to go on.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    So erm, does anyone have a better target than Fuzzy? I looked through the posts from the past 2 days and there really isn't that much to go on.

    So, do you remember the order in which the roles get played out every night?

    What I mean is, if we kill the doctor ourselves will it happen before the zombies get the kill?

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    So erm, does anyone have a better target than Fuzzy? I looked through the posts from the past 2 days and there really isn't that much to go on.

    So, do you remember the order in which the roles get played out every night?

    What I mean is, if we kill the doctor ourselves will it happen before the zombies get the kill?

    If we assume the zombies have some working brains left (haha), why would we waste our vote on RU as well?
    And I don't remember the kill order.

    Elendil, what goes first? zombie or vote?

    *edit: oh wait, I understand, you want to be sure that Dr West gets killed.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    So erm, does anyone have a better target than Fuzzy? I looked through the posts from the past 2 days and there really isn't that much to go on.

    So, do you remember the order in which the roles get played out every night?

    What I mean is, if we kill the doctor ourselves will it happen before the zombies get the kill?

    If we assume the zombies have some working brains left (haha), why would we waste our vote on RU as well?
    And I don't remember the kill order.

    Elendil, what goes first? zombie or vote?

    *edit: oh wait, I understand, you want to be sure that Dr West gets killed.

    Because if the zombies kill the doctor then they satisfy their win condition and the village loses.

    According to the OP, revenants are the last to act.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've got someone better to vote for.

    Quid was not the Illuminati Necromancer, he was a Cultist of the Church of Starry Wisdom.
    I believe !Aldo is trying to obscure the truth by only revealing a portion of it.

    Why do I think this?

    Aldo's suspicions of me are most likely to get me killed no matter what at this point, but I'm not about to let him get away with it.

    I believe that a portion of what he says is true, I believe Quid did in fact target me and I did, in fact, resist his attack? Why? Because I am the gravedigger's son, and I am immune to poison, the Cult of Starry Wisdom's weapon of choice. Of course, it's a pretty natural reaction to think I might have been something else and Aldo, as a cultist, has just as much reason to fear Dr. West as the village does. The difference is, if Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he had targeted me, I assure you, I would have died.

    So the question is, if Quid WASN'T the illuminati necromancer, why would Aldo know all this?
    Folks, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

    Obviously, it's now my word versus his, but whether I'm Dr. West or the gravedigger's son, there's no reason for the Revenants not to kill me now, so I don't really have anything to gain by coming out like this except to expose Aldo as the vile cultist he is.

    Godspeed village.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Well fuck it, guys. I tried thinking of other ways to present this, but this is the only way I can see...

    Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he decided to trust me a little, so he would have a mouthpiece should he be suspicious of anyone. He said he'd rather have me bandwagon'd than himself and I couldn't agree more. That is why I started a bandwagon on Saburbia, Quid thought he was suspicious and I decided to come up with a semi-logical reason to get him killed.

    Last night Quid got killed, if we dig him up we'll see him as a cult-member and there is no way to be 100% sure of his true role. You'll have to trust me in this matter. You can look through his post history to see that he was trying to lay low and tried to follow the village in its decisions.

    Anyway, Quid thinks Romantic Undead is dr. West because he tried killing him last night, but it didn't work. We suspect that Pluto's bad guys tried killing him on another night and that this is why Plutonium showed up as dead in black.

    Quid tried to hint at this last night in this post clicky, I think he hoped that the zombies would take out RU. They obviously didn't get the hint (understandable), so here I am presenting the case as it is. No pig-latin, no mumbling and coughing. Just telling you how I think it is.

    I'm hoping the zombies will take him out, so that they can fulfil their win condition and stop bothering us. We've still got a bunch of cultists to go after.
    ...Herbert West!

    The rebel doctor that breaks all the rules, Dr. Hou--er Dr. West. You've got a cure for death. It just needs testing. Lots and lots of testing. You need corpses. Lots and lots of corpses. So you volunteered to "help" this plague-ridden town. I suppose it's not altogether moral, but this is for science.

    Your role's existence will remain hidden for several days.

    You possess a veritable cornucopia of abilities:

    Immunity to both poison and disease: Because you're not just a doctor. You're a good one.

    A revolver: If you get attacked (cultist attacks not included) you strike back in self-defense. That'll learn'em to mess with you. If you get voted off, well, you're still screwed, but you don't go alone. You have six shots.*

    *Don't jump to conclusions. You'll fire all six shots at once. Herbert West doesn't half-ass things.

    The reagent: Ah, here it is. The chemical that can bring back the dead. Sure, it has a few kinks to work out (like the whole mindless monster thing) but these things take time. You may use this to revive a dead player as a Revenant. There are limitations, however.

    The syringe: This lets you immediately convert a living player to a revenant.

    Win condition: Living villagers are outnumbered by revenants, West survives.

    If one of Plutonium's bad guys had attacked this supposed doctor, the doctor wouldn't have waisted his revolver on them because he knows he is immune to poison and disease. Meaning, that if Quid was the necromancer, he would have died when tried to attack romantic undead had RU actually been the doctor.

    Your story doesn't add up.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dammit, if i had been a little faster you might have not had to reveal that RU.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Dammit, if i had been a little faster you might have not had to reveal that RU.

    Thanks for trying gundam, but the Revenants would probably have killed me just to be safe anyways.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Dammit, if i had been a little faster you might have not had to reveal that RU.

    Thanks for trying gundam, but the Revenants would probably have killed me just to be safe anyways.

    The OP says the gravedigger's son can choose to protect themselves from either poison or disease, not that they are immune from poison.

    So, have you been protecting yourself from poison this whole time or did you just get lucky when Quid attacked you?

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've just been sticking to poison the entire game. I had no idea which group would target me first, I just got lucky.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, since Aldo giving up the Dr. to be killed doesn't make a whole lot of sense (he either doesn't understand that this would give the zombies the win or he doesn't actually think RU is the doctor) I !retract my vote for Fuzzy and !vote for Aldo for now pending any further discussions.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've got someone better to vote for.

    Quid was not the Illuminati Necromancer, he was a Cultist of the Church of Starry Wisdom.
    I believe !Aldo is trying to obscure the truth by only revealing a portion of it.

    Why do I think this?

    Aldo's suspicions of me are most likely to get me killed no matter what at this point, but I'm not about to let him get away with it.

    I believe that a portion of what he says is true, I believe Quid did in fact target me and I did, in fact, resist his attack? Why? Because I am the gravedigger's son, and I am immune to poison, the Cult of Starry Wisdom's weapon of choice. Of course, it's a pretty natural reaction to think I might have been something else and Aldo, as a cultist, has just as much reason to fear Dr. West as the village does. The difference is, if Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he had targeted me, I assure you, I would have died.

    So the question is, if Quid WASN'T the illuminati necromancer, why would Aldo know all this?
    Folks, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

    Obviously, it's now my word versus his, but whether I'm Dr. West or the gravedigger's son, there's no reason for the Revenants not to kill me now, so I don't really have anything to gain by coming out like this except to expose Aldo as the vile cultist he is.

    Godspeed village.
    If I understand your role as Dr West right, you can only retaliate once and that is how you got Plutonium killed.

    Also, if Quid really is the Illuminati Necromancer, wouldn't his weapons of choice be the same of that of the cultists? I am not sure about this, but it sounds logical, doesn't it?

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, the village wouldn't loose if the zombies complete their win condition. That would be retarded.

    To be sure: Elendil, if the zombies kill Dr West, does that mean the village looses the game?

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    If I understand your role as Dr West right, you can only retaliate once and that is how you got Plutonium killed.

    Also, if Quid really is the Illuminati Necromancer, wouldn't his weapons of choice be the same of that of the cultists? I am not sure about this, but it sounds logical, doesn't it?
    Dr. West is immune to cultist attacks, he would not have wasted his revolver on them. Plutonium was not killed by Dr. West.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok, just finished catching up. This could take a while to untangle.

    As for the village losing if the revenants win, Elendil clarified before that it's possible for both the village and the revenants to win together. I'm gonna go find it and edit it in.

    Found it:
    Elendil wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    Well, last night was certainly enlightening. On the bright side we only have to kill one person to stop the revenant numbers from growing. On the other hand it seems the cultists can't kill him, so either the village or one of our specials will have to do it, or we have to hope a revanent gets him. With all these factions and limited crossfire between them, things could be getting hairy fast.

    Cultists: 0 to 5 remaining (if cultists can become revenants; otherwise there's at least one)
    Revenants: at least 1, probably 2 max (assuming each revenant gets a kill, which seems to be implied by the no contact thing; if that's not the case there could be up to three).
    Herbert Wests: 1

    Clarification: What is the village's win condition?

    Clarification: Is exhuming a revenant sufficient to kill it, or do we also have to target it with the vote or a special kill the next day?

    1. Pretty much if West, the Cultists, and the revenants (their West is dead condition) fail, the village wins. The village could win with the revenants if the latter manage to off West, though. Other win conditions overlap, too, so this could theoretically end with two winning factions.

    2. The latter. There's a reason I gave the village a fuckton of killing power. :P (Yes, the Searcher may target Revenants.)
    B:L wrote: »
    Clarification: Does the "revenated" living player need to be exhumed to be killed like other revenants? Or does the "revenation" count as a kill on that person, with their name showing in the narration?

    It's another "black" death, so yeah.

    I've waited five days to make that pun.

  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ah, I see. The revenants win conditions are seperate from everyone else's.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I've got someone better to vote for.

    Quid was not the Illuminati Necromancer, he was a Cultist of the Church of Starry Wisdom.
    I believe !Aldo is trying to obscure the truth by only revealing a portion of it.

    Why do I think this?

    Aldo's suspicions of me are most likely to get me killed no matter what at this point, but I'm not about to let him get away with it.

    I believe that a portion of what he says is true, I believe Quid did in fact target me and I did, in fact, resist his attack? Why? Because I am the gravedigger's son, and I am immune to poison, the Cult of Starry Wisdom's weapon of choice. Of course, it's a pretty natural reaction to think I might have been something else and Aldo, as a cultist, has just as much reason to fear Dr. West as the village does. The difference is, if Quid was the Illuminati Necromancer and he had targeted me, I assure you, I would have died.

    So the question is, if Quid WASN'T the illuminati necromancer, why would Aldo know all this?
    Folks, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

    Obviously, it's now my word versus his, but whether I'm Dr. West or the gravedigger's son, there's no reason for the Revenants not to kill me now, so I don't really have anything to gain by coming out like this except to expose Aldo as the vile cultist he is.

    Godspeed village.
    If I understand your role as Dr West right, you can only retaliate once and that is how you got Plutonium killed.

    Also, if Quid really is the Illuminati Necromancer, wouldn't his weapons of choice be the same of that of the cultists? I am not sure about this, but it sounds logical, doesn't it?


    Nice try cultist, But the Illuminati Necromancer's role PM says nothing about poison or disease. That's a mighty big overlook on Elendil's part if that were true. What, do you expect whoever the Necromancer is to PM Elendil and go "I kill so and so with poison?" Unlikely.

    I'm taking you down with me you evil son of a bitch.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nice try cultist, But the Illuminati Necromancer's role PM says nothing about poison or disease. That's a mighty big overlook on Elendil's part if that were true. What, do you expect whoever the Necromancer is to PM Elendil and go "I kill so and so with poison?" Unlikely.

    I'm taking you down with me you evil son of a bitch.
    /boggle

    I don't know how the Illuminati Necromancer's attacks work, Mae. :? All I know is that Quid told me he was suspicious of you because he tried killing you and it didn't work.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Nice try cultist, But the Illuminati Necromancer's role PM says nothing about poison or disease. That's a mighty big overlook on Elendil's part if that were true. What, do you expect whoever the Necromancer is to PM Elendil and go "I kill so and so with poison?" Unlikely.

    I'm taking you down with me you evil son of a bitch.
    /boggle

    I don't know how the Illuminati Necromancer's attacks work, Mae. :? All I know is that Quid told me he was suspicious of you because he tried killing you and it didn't work.

    Then you're either his pawn or a fellow cultist. If he was the necromancer, I'd be dead.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can we at least agree to exhume TheLastSatan, for being suspicious and continually posting after death?
    I think exhuming a recent kill would be beneficial in this case, since all three vocal people died at the same time.

    39kEWYh.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Then you're either his pawn or a fellow cultist. If he was the necromancer, I'd be dead.
    Unless he can attack with poison or disease, which would be logical, wouldn't it? And it would explain some of the black names we've seen in the results.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright, so basically we're looking at a "who's the bigger liar" between Aldo and RU. I haven't really decided which I think is evil, or even if either are, however, I think I'll change my vote and !vote Variable for the time being.

    He didn't post at all for 4 days. He didn't get killed for inactivity. All of the few posts that he has made have had little to no substance, both in quantity or quality. He showed up last night when I said I was suspicious of him, and his one post was to ask for a summary of gundam's thoughts on Fuzzy. This seems more like trying to bolster support for that theory to avoid detection than a genuine interest.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !Variable. He has more posts in a 14hr old thread than in an 8 days old phalla.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I'll vote !Variable for now, until this conflict gets resolved.
    Putting another day between the accusations might add some well needed data.

    39kEWYh.jpg
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo's story is too full of holes for me to believe. Some of them could be explained away, but together they're overwhelming.

    1) Why did Quid decide to trust you?

    2) Why did you decide to trust Quid when he claimed to be the Necromancer?

    3) If Quid was the necromancer, why would he risk his alleged mouthpiece (yourself) starting a bandwagon on Saburbia when he could just kill Sab himself?
    Aldo wrote: »
    Anyway, Quid thinks Romantic Undead is dr. West because he tried killing him last night, but it didn't work. We suspect that Pluto's bad guys tried killing him on another night and that this is why Plutonium showed up as dead in black.

    Quid tried to hint at this last night in this post clicky, I think he hoped that the zombies would take out RU. They obviously didn't get the hint (understandable), so here I am presenting the case as it is. No pig-latin, no mumbling and coughing. Just telling you how I think it is.

    4) You contradict yourself a lot here. You say Quid thinks RU is Dr. West because Quid failed to kill him last night, but Quid died last night. How would you know Quid thinks that then? Also, you state Quid left hints to the revenant(s) that RU was West. If he did that, why would he then attack him the same night and risk getting killed rather than giving the revenant(s) a chance to do it first? Or if he was willing to use you to bandwagon Saburbia, why not have you bandwagon RU?

    5) Quid had his "Head torn off", which sounds a hell of a lot like a revenant attack. If Quid's attack on RU went before the revenants, then if RU was West his counterattack would have killed Quid before the revenants could. If the revenants got first dibs, then Quid never got an attack off on RU and so you couldn't deduce anything about him in the first place.

    It's quite possible you're right about Romantic Undead being Dr. West. However, it seems very likely that you are a cultist, so I !vote for Aldo.

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Can we please exhume TheLastSatan then?
    I am incredibly curious to know his role.

    39kEWYh.jpg
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think at present I'm willing to go along with that, Fuzzy. !exhume Satan Himself, unless I realize this is a terrible mistake.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thank you, I can't really see how it would be terrible.
    Either way we eliminate a suspect. :D

    39kEWYh.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Aldo's story is too full of holes for me to believe. Some of them could be explained away, but together they're overwhelming.

    1) Why did Quid decide to trust you?

    2) Why did you decide to trust Quid when he claimed to be the Necromancer?

    3) If Quid was the necromancer, why would he risk his alleged mouthpiece (yourself) starting a bandwagon on Saburbia when he could just kill Sab himself?
    Aldo wrote: »
    Anyway, Quid thinks Romantic Undead is dr. West because he tried killing him last night, but it didn't work. We suspect that Pluto's bad guys tried killing him on another night and that this is why Plutonium showed up as dead in black.

    Quid tried to hint at this last night in this post clicky, I think he hoped that the zombies would take out RU. They obviously didn't get the hint (understandable), so here I am presenting the case as it is. No pig-latin, no mumbling and coughing. Just telling you how I think it is.

    4) You contradict yourself a lot here. You say Quid thinks RU is Dr. West because Quid failed to kill him last night, but Quid died last night. How would you know Quid thinks that then? Also, you state Quid left hints to the revenant(s) that RU was West. If he did that, why would he then attack him the same night and risk getting killed rather than giving the revenant(s) a chance to do it first? Or if he was willing to use you to bandwagon Saburbia, why not have you bandwagon RU?

    5) Quid had his "Head torn off", which sounds a hell of a lot like a revenant attack. If Quid's attack on RU went before the revenants, then if RU was West his counterattack would have killed Quid before the revenants could. If the revenants got first dibs, then Quid never got an attack off on RU and so you couldn't deduce anything about him in the first place.

    It's quite possible you're right about Romantic Undead being Dr. West. However, it seems very likely that you are a cultist, so I !vote for Aldo.

    1) I don't know
    2) I didn't trust him completely
    3) He would have to wait another day to kill someone again and he didn't want to risk that. He considered Dr. West to be a bigger threat than the cultists at that point.
    4) Quid could kill on odd night and guard at even nights. He could not kill someone every night. I was willing to try and bandwagon Sab because I was suspicious of him as well and considered this a good time to get him killed to see if I was right.

    I am not sure if Quid was really the Illuminati Necromancer or a cultist, all I know is that he tried to convince me that he ran into people he couldn't kill and that the chances were that one of them was Dr. West.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Aldo's story is too full of holes for me to believe. Some of them could be explained away, but together they're overwhelming.

    This, mostly.

    I'm 100% comfortable with !voting for Aldo. I did before, when he started the bandwagon on Saburbia. I felt his reasoning was skewed then, and I feel the same now. His excuse for starting that(Sab bandwagon) is just too convenient.

  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    !vote to exhume Satan Himself

    Hopefully Aldo will stay in the lead. If he turns up innocent and RU makes it through the night he'll have to go next.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    !vote to exhume Satan Himself

    Hopefully Aldo will stay in the lead. If he turns up innocent and RU makes it through the night he'll have to go next.
    It shouldn't matter what side I'm on, everyone wants to kill Dr West.

    It's past midnight here and I want to go to bed, I was hoping more people would post between now and an hour ago, but it seems like everyone is either network'd or inactive. It's kinda sad how slow these phallas get after night 1. It's just not my idea of fun and it's kinda pissing me off right now. My phalla will be brutal for inactives, I don't think I would care about screwing teams over, if you sign up for a phalla, it should mean you can be posting in the thread at least a few times per day.

    If RU turns up as the gravedigger's son, then the bad guys will probably know exactly who Dr West is, but they won't be able to kill him without doing what I did earlier tonight. I'm not sure if they want to run this risk. There's a big chance Dr West will win this phalla, unless the zombies are paying attention to the kills and who killed who and who might have been killed as well. It's really up in the air right now.

    Anyway, I'm off for the night, I understand it if you're going to kill me, I'm about the last active poster anyway, so it's a miracle I survived this long.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Know, what? You'll probably both end up not being bad guys. But, at this point, there's no way that the village can just ignore all this information and not act by killing at least one of you to see who's lying.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unless the Revenants already know who doctor West is, then I'm already a dead man.

    If Aldo is innocent, then he's just screwed the village out of the gravedigger's son.

    But due to his connection with Quid, it's more likely he's a cultist.

    Either way, he's doing the village no favors and I believe him to be our strongest lead right now. I really don't see how we can go wrong with voting Aldo out.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User
    edited November 2007
    The real question to posit here is, how does the Illuminati necromancer try to kill? If he uses a general "cultist" type (which would, of course, bounce of Dr. West, who is resistant to all matter of cultist weaponry), then Aldo's story checks out, RU is the doctor. But if it is just another vigilante attack (the same way Dr. West could be torched or searched out), then the necromancer should kill his target, meaning that the story of West's power makes no sense.
    So the true question of this is for Elendil. Is the Illuminati Necromancer's attack, like his identity, indistinguishable from the cultists'?
    I'm not making a move until this question is answered.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am going to go with !vote Variable since I think RU is Dr West but there is a general lack of votes for him.

    I am torn about who to vote to be dug up so I guess I am going with !exhume Satan Himself

    A.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The real question to posit here is, how does the Illuminati necromancer try to kill? If he uses a general "cultist" type (which would, of course, bounce of Dr. West, who is resistant to all matter of cultist weaponry), then Aldo's story checks out, RU is the doctor. But if it is just another vigilante attack (the same way Dr. West could be torched or searched out), then the necromancer should kill his target, meaning that the story of West's power makes no sense.
    So the true question of this is for Elendil. Is the Illuminati Necromancer's attack, like his identity, indistinguishable from the cultists'?
    I'm not making a move until this question is answered.
    This question is answerable using already given information.

    Yes, I would prefer to avoid picking your staking target.

    Per3th.jpg
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Translation: If the Necromancer killed the same was the cultists do, Elendil would have told us so.

    So to those of you who think I'm Dr. West, care to explain why? Aldo's theory has been shot to hell and back, proving that he's lying out of his ass, or, at the very least, Quid could not have been the Necromancer.

    Remember: Aldo called for the revenants to kill me. Although I'm not an as prime target for them as the REAL Dr. West would be, it's still in their interest to kill me, since by having 2 exhumations a day, you guys have a better shot at uncovering Revenants. With me dead, the zombies have upped their chances.

    If I was really concerned with staying alive, why would I come out as the gravedigger's son rather than just try and pin some equally far fetched ideas about Aldo?

    In fact, I think that it would be hilarious if Aldo himself turned out to be Dr. West, though I have no proof of that besides a sense of Irony.

    Either way, Aldo is not on the village's side, or at the very least, he's been played for a total patsy, to which I should give kudos to Quid.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
Sign In or Register to comment.