As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Buy video game return policy

Ninja BotNinja Bot Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I picked up Halo 3 for a friend this morning at Best Buy. The problem is amidst all the confusion I picked up the "Totalmente En Espanol" version, which he definitely doesn't want. The problem is I didn't notice it was the Spanish version until I took of the plastic wrap. The security seal is still there so it's obviously unopened but I'm worried if Best Buy will be bitches about the missing plastic wrap and not let me return it. Anyone have any experience with them and know if I'm in the clear to take it back or if he's stuck playing "la asombrosa conclusion de la trilogia de Halo"?

Ninja Bot on

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    One idea:

Open in the rest of the way, then take it to the service desk along with an english version Halo 3. Tell them politely that the Spanish version is defective (leaving out that it is the spanish version) and ask to exchange it for the English version. As long as you still have the receipt it should not be a problem.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    NrthstarNrthstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yeah, they should be pretty cool about this (unless you get someone who just enjoys being a jerk about the return policy, every now and then we'll get a csa at the store who loves to antangonize our customers, I have no idea why). The law states that exchanges can only be if it is an identical product, so since you are sticking to the law, sort of, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Nrthstar on
    "Shut up and Die"
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    They will exchange it for you, just don't remove the seal.

Doc on
  • Options
    Ninja BotNinja Bot Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I was able to exchange it without too much trouble, the lady working exchanges was as surprised as I was there even was a Spanish version.

Ninja Bot on