Options

Faulty Orange Box

ProhassProhass Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My friend got the Orange Box for his 360 when it was launched. Soon after playing it that day, we got this weird error with many textures (particularly wood textures, or effects heavy textures like glass) that would replace the texture with either pink and black chessboard patterns or a weird white grain. Zooming in also grains up. Recently, I bought a new xbox, and borrowed his orange box copy, we thought it was simply his xbox stuffing up again (he has a launch day box), but after putting it into my brand new box, its quite clear its the disc itself.

I was about 2 hours into episode 2 and hadnt had many problems, the occasional missing texture, nothing big. However got to the helicopter trainyard fight, and entire sections of the level are missing, and im unable to proceed (fired well over 20 explosive balls at the chopper to no effect, I assume thats what your mean to do to destroy it).

Anyway, im buying a new copy of the orange box, because i simply have to play Episode 2, and im wondering if I should remove my saves, will they still be corrupted even with a new disc? I doubt this highly, but im a newb with technical stuff.

Whats weird is we have over 30 games combined, and neither of us have ever experienced a faulty disc before, thats why we automatically assumed it was my mates 360.

In summary will saves from a bad disc version of the 360 game Orange Box effect my brand new copy when I buy it? Or is it up in the air, and only one way to find out?

Prohass on

• Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Saves should not be affected. Unless his copy somehow was creating faulty (but not faulty enough to be rejected saves). I'd say there's a 99.99% chance or more that his saves will work fine... and worst case scenario? They are still messed up and you delete them then start over, no biggie.

EclecticGroove on