As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Senj got banned and all he got was this lousy [Chat] thread

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm history's biggest retard but I have no grounds on which to complain. I am a shriveled husk of a person who is standing in the middle of the void and realizing that she is the one who opted to nuke out the entire planet beneath her, and it's her own fault she now has no ground to stand on for anything. Nothing to steady oneself on, nothing to launch complaints from, and nothing with which to defend herself.

I reap what I sow, and I can't unreap it. Fuck. Me.

Oboro on
    words
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was pretty keen.

Pussies

Senjutsu on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Well, I'm history's biggest retard but I have no grounds on which to complain. I am a shriveled husk of a person who is standing in the middle of the void and realizing that she is the one who opted to nuke out the entire planet beneath her, and it's her own fault she now has no ground to stand on for anything. Nothing to steady oneself on, nothing to launch complaints from, and nothing with which to defend herself.

If you are the only person who exists you would not need to steady yourself or launch any complaints. You would need no defenses.

You would be free.

And a God.

_J_ on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I'm bored. I guess I could do some work, but I'm feeling singularly unmotivated.

Incredibles is on.

It's what's de-miserabling my day.

I have no basis for misery, cuz I didn't do anything other than hang out on forums and then play Mass Effect all day. I wanna blame my blahness on this dumb book that was recommended to me that I've been trying to read. I'm just bored right now because my boyfriend is doing something else and can't entertain me, I was murdered in cold-blood in the phalla, and people aren't maek poasting fast enough elsewhere :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    damnit _J_

the void is actually cotangent to Earth

and we are hostile entities

Oboro on
    words
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

www.livejou--

Never mind. :)

I don't think you give yourself enough credit, Oboro. And I don't mean you're a bigger retard than you think you are. I mean you don't realize you have it better than a lot of other people.

ege02 on
    edited November 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    That was pretty keen.

Pussies

Oh pale spectre, do you bring a message from the other side?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    damnit _J_

the void is actually cotangent to Earth

and we are hostile entities

Hostile to what? To life on earth?

A problem that is not.

_J_ on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Trivia threads don't make any sense on the internet.

For you see there exists google.

Eh, you just have to ask questions that aren't easily googleable.

Like mine.

It's still an easy question.

a better question is "what was Han's number"?

Serpent on
    edited November 2007
    That was pretty keen.

Pussies

Oh pale spectre, do you bring a message from the other side?

God said tits or gtfo

So fuck 'im, I figured, and here I am

Senjutsu on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have no basis for misery, cuz I didn't do anything other than hang out on forums and then play Mass Effect all day. I wanna blame my blahness on this dumb book that was recommended to me that I've been trying to read. I'm just bored right now because my boyfriend is doing something else and can't entertain me, I was murdered in cold-blood in the phalla, and people aren't maek poasting fast enough elsewhere :P

Mass Effect this and Mass Effect that why must everyone make me want to buy more games.

This is Penny Arcade, we have higher priorities.

Incenjucar on
    edited November 2007
    God said tits or gtfo

So fuck 'im, I figured, and here I am

I have a hard time believing that. If God cared so much about you having tits, he could have just put a couple on you. Cuz he has powahs, you know?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    God gave us free will so we could make the choice of tits or gtfo ourselves, Irene.

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2007

Mass Effect this and Mass Effect that why must everyone make me want to buy more games.

If you can't afford Mass Effect because you've bought too many other games, I'm inclined to say that you have chosen... poorly.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007

I don't understand the appeal of Mass Effect. I don't even understand what it is.

I see the commercials. I hear people talking about it. But I don't know what they are describing.

Also, I Am America And So Can You is truly brilliant.

_J_ on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just bought an LCD HDTV that I am using both for my xbox 360 and as my second monitor

It was really expensive and I probably shouldn't have done that.

But it is so worth it

Evil Multifarious on
    edited November 2007
    God gave us free will so we could make the choice of tits or gtfo ourselves, Irene.

:O

You are wise in ways that remain hidden to me, oh great one.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I'll buy Mass Effect simply because the designer is BioWare. So I know that even if everything else sucks, the plot, the characters, and the dialog will be amazing.

ege02 on
    edited November 2007
    I don't understand the appeal of Mass Effect. I don't even understand what it is.

I see the commercials. I hear people talking about it. But I don't know what they are describing.

It's made by Bioware. That's really all you need to know. If you know KOTOR, you have a pretty good idea of what Mass Effect's gameplay is like. Except in Mass Effect you need to aim when you shoot, the computer doesn't do it for you :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007

It's made by Bioware. That's really all you need to know. If you know KOTOR, you have a pretty good idea of what Mass Effect's gameplay is like. Except in Mass Effect you need to aim when you shoot, the computer doesn't do it for you :P

I saw the Bioware logo and understand what Bioware is but I don't know how that translates over to Mass Effect.

It's like understanding who "Blizzard" is but not knowing what Star Craft II means.

_J_ on
    edited November 2007
    Mass Effect's combat isn't that great, but it's good enough that it makes you think it's far better than it is, and it's tough enough that you will lose fights if you don't come up with a plan of action that is effective, or if your party doesn't have the right tools.

Basically it's a pretty decent sci fi novel equivalent, storywise, but you have some modicum of control over the nature of dialogue and even the structure of the story. I haven't gotten far enough to affect the way events unfold but I'm looking forward to it.

I would read Mass Effect if it was a novel, because it's interesting enough, and I've never said that about any game other than like, Fallout or Planescape Torment. And even the most cliched, awful, pulpy trash stories are immersive and compelling when you're actually playing though them and playing a (somewhat) active role, which is the drive behind even super-linear RPGs. Mass Effect is way better than that crap and it makes it super awesome. I don't like RPGs and I'm really enjoying it.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited November 2007
    If you can't afford Mass Effect because you've bought too many other games, I'm inclined to say that you have chosen... poorly.

It's more that my computer is 5 years old. I can't play everything on the Orange Box.

I don't really buy that many games.

Incenjucar on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just bought an LCD HDTV that I am using both for my xbox 360 and as my second monitor

But it is so worth it

Linky?

Gim on
    edited November 2007
    I like the idea that the universe of Mass Effect does not revolve around humanity as the central and dominant species. Humans don't even have a chair in the galactic senate or something? Awesome.

ege02 on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This thread fails to deliver

nexuscrawler on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's more that my computer is 5 years old. I can't play everything on the Orange Box.

I don't really buy that many games.

It's a 360 title methinks.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I saw the Bioware logo and understand what Bioware is but I don't know how that translates over to Mass Effect.

It's like understanding who "Blizzard" is but not knowing what Star Craft II means.

I guess then you haven't played KOTOR? Mass Effect feels almost exactly like KOTOR, except no Jedis and you have to aim to shoot, which is to say it's an action adventure RPG. There's a lot of dialogue involved, where what you say determines the plot development and your character gains the equivalent of Good or Evil points. There's a main over-arching quest that will take you to lots of different planets/worlds, and lots of side-quests on each planet/world.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007

mang I was banned for a solid half-hour

Senjutsu on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So how was everyones Turkey Day?

I did not get "The Big One" but I did get the buck I took last year back from the taxidermist. It is a beautiful mount.

One day I hope to give her a deer and convince her to sew its eyes shut in X's and have its tongue hang out the side of its mouth.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2007

I guess then you haven't played KOTOR? Mass Effect feels almost exactly like KOTOR, except no Jedis and you have to aim to shoot, which is to say it's an action adventure RPG. There's a lot of dialogue involved, where what you say determines the plot development and your character gains the equivalent of Good or Evil points. There's a main over-arching quest that will take you to lots of different planets/worlds, and lots of side-quests on each planet/world.

ooooooh. Ok.

_J_ on
    edited November 2007

mang I was banned for a solid half-hour

Filthy lies

from a filthy liar no less

nexuscrawler on
    edited November 2007
    Closer to 45 minutes actually.

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2007
    Gim wrote: »

But it is so worth it

Linky?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10086210&catid=23242

I would have gotten the white one but all my computer stuff is black, so I figured better to have it match.

My only problem is I get a bit of that LCD "shadow," where everything is slightly visible a bit to the right of itself as a shadow, and it's hurting my eyes. Anyone know how to deal with that?

Evil Multifarious on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Then your pizza is free!

Gim on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I rented ME earlier today. I'm about 6 hours in. I've been a bit disappointed thus far. The art direction is awesome, but the graphics have some major flaws (pop-in of textures occurs very often).

I dunno, the game just seems like a re-hashing of KOTOR to me. I didn't think KOTOR was all that great to begin with.

ME is not a bad game, I've just gotten bored with it already. I feel like it's a whole load of glam, and it's missing something. Combat is kind of boring. It seems like range trumps everything else in this game. Spell cooldowns are way too long (as well as medi-gel), and the system for picking spells in combat feels really clunky.

The story, voice acting, and art direction are leagues beyond any other game I've played. I can't really describe them, but they are wonderful.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2007
    And for some reason my av reverted to Dr Erotic when I got banned.

Senjutsu on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    So how was everyones Turkey Day?

CONFUSING AND INFURIATING!

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mass Effect: It is good, but some of the menus are quirky. Also load times. Ugh.

Other than that it's a great game. Feels like KOTOR but much better. Also, the learning curve is so steep I was || this close to putting it down.

GOTY? I dunno. That should go to SMG in my opinion.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2007
    The actual Mass Effect also sounds like The Force v2.0

Incenjucar on
    edited November 2007
    well KOTOR's biggest flaw was it was retardedly easy

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.