Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

D VS. DDR & CTS Animated!

LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital FrontierThe Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited September 2004 in Chatlog
D VS. DDR

Red Machine D VS. DDR.

1MB Video. Watch.

CTS ANIMATED

From before the Q&A's.

Thanks to Moriveth for the video. :)

If they ever go down, use these mirrors:

http://xeroradius.superihost.com/DvsDDR.wmv
http://xeroradius.superihost.com/CTS.wmv

Legacy on
Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.

• GrathGrath Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    i thought we named this "rumble in the jungle" ?
    :lol:

3ds Code 0619-3710-2995
  • QuethalQuethal Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Damn, he is good; look at his feet. They're blurring, and it's not just because of the low quality 0.o

That needs to be turned into an "owned" or "pwned" picture, because he totally owned that DDR Machine.

-Kyle

• DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    OK, that is some funny shit.

But I gotta tell you, I thought I was pretty good at DDR... for a 30 year old white dude weighing 225lbs. But RMD, man... I played next to him at LanWerX and he SCHOOLED me.

Way to dance and fall, RMD!!!

• Bat-Winged BoyBat-Winged Boy Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    DJBreslin wrote:
    OK, that is some funny shit.

But I gotta tell you, I thought I was pretty good at DDR... for a 30 year old white dude weighing 225lbs. But RMD, man... I played next to him at LanWerX and he SCHOOLED me.

Way to dance and fall, RMD!!!

Yeah, I was upset that he didn't make it to his third song. He claimed to have some wicked freestyle shit up his sleeve.

• Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    :^:

Kids, don't mix DDR and alcohol. That video is evidence of what happens. My ankle hurts like a motherfucker.

I'm still gonna do that fucking routine though. I'll have someone do a video of it.

edit: For those of you wondering, the song I was going to choose for my routine was After the Game Of Love.

Fencingsax wrote:
    Death metal hippies: BLARRRGRH!!! PEACE MAN!!11!
  • stewizbadstewizbad Registered User
    edited September 2004
    OMG-HAWT!

"It cant rain all the time"-The Crow.
    "X-Box had me at Halo"
    edited September 2004
    BBL. Gonnba go get X-rays of my ankle done.

Fencingsax wrote:
    edited September 2004
    Major sprain and a single hairline fracture.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! :P

Oh well. Serves me right for being the Most Talented Fat Man In Arizona.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004

:D

Awesome.

Teaches YOU to not attack DDR machines. They fight back. ;)

edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:

:D

Awesome.

Teaches YOU to not attack DDR machines. They fight back. ;)
    Unless you haven't watched the video (a statistica and literal impossibility), I didn't attack shit. In hindsight, I should have just gone with Super Star instead of A for my seocnd warm-up. At least then I would have busted out the routine AND kept my ankle in one fucking piece.

Doctor sez it'll be a few months before I'm able to resume strenuous physical activity, i.e. DDR, etc. so when I finally do get back up there I'll be even worse than I was at PAX. I totally fucking sucked donkeyshit at PAX.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Unless you haven't watched the video (a statistica and literal impossibility), I didn't attack shit.

Actually...I was there. Saw it live. :)

I just never introduced myself.

• Bat-Winged BoyBat-Winged Boy Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Unless you haven't watched the video (a statistica and literal impossibility), I didn't attack shit.

Yeah, me either. I hope you feel better.

<--- long hair, raver pants.

edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:

I saw you. I just figured that you, like another forumer who attended PAX, were either too much of a dick or too afraid to actually say hi.

Fencingsax wrote:
    Legacy
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:

I saw you. I just figured that you, like another forumer who attended PAX, were either too much of a dick or too afraid to actually say hi.

Nah. I never really approach anyone anyway. I only said something to Aeolist because he looked familiar and passed by him twice, so it bugged me.

edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Nah. I never really approach anyone anyway. I only said something to Aeolist because he looked familiar and passed by him twice, so it bugged me.
    So THAT'S your excuse huh? :P I was waiting for aeolist to come up to me because he said he was going to bitchslap me at PAX when I least expected it. The only bitchslap I got was the pride-decimating bitchslap I got when I did the brutal header off the stage.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

So THAT'S your excuse huh? :P I was waiting for aeolist to come up to me because he said he was going to bitchslap me at PAX when I least expected it. The only bitchslap I got was the pride-decimating bitchslap I got when I did the brutal header off the stage.
    That would be aeolist tugging on a rope tied to the back of the machine at the precise moment you leaned on the cabinet. ;)

emot-kamina.gif BELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

That would be aeolist tugging on a rope tied to the back of the machine at the precise moment you leaned on the cabinet. ;)
    Heh, that oculd have been the Rock of Gibraltar I was leaning against and it wouldn't have made my ankle any less of a gay homosexual fagmolyte.

Fencingsax wrote:
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Heh, that oculd have been the Rock of Gibraltar I was leaning against and it wouldn't have made my ankle any less of a gay homosexual fagmolyte.

Well, it might've. I don't think that the 'Rock of Gibraltar' has a giant cable between it and a tiny raised platform with flashing lights. :D

edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

Well, it might've. I don't think that the 'Rock of Gibraltar' has a giant cable between it and a tiny raised platform with flashing lights. :D
    At any case, I doubt I'll be playing DDR anytime soon. I should just stick to beatmania. Plus, I've got a costume to make for PAX05.

Fencingsax wrote:
    edited September 2004
    Well, at least I entertained you guys. At the very core of things, I'm an entertainer, among one or two other smaller items. I mean, it sucks that I had to sacrifice the ability to walk without a limp to do it, but oh well. I've got percocet and a comfortable chair, I'll live.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    There's always Stepmania.

emot-kamina.gif BELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Yeah, the same thing happened to one of the first couple of guys to play at PAX. He stepped off and his ankle was gimped.

Hey, is it true that D was one of the top 5 in Sacremento or something? I heard him say that...and now I believe.

edited September 2004
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Yeah, the same thing happened to one of the first couple of guys to play at PAX. He stepped off and his ankle was gimped.

Hey, is it true that D was one of the top 5 in Sacremento or something? I heard him say that...and now I believe.
    It was Phoenix... but now I'm not even in the top 100. I sucked so bad during PAX on DDR that I'm pretty ashamed of myself.

Fencingsax wrote:
    edited September 2004
    Fark'd!

3ds Code 0619-3710-2995
    edited September 2004
    Grath wrote:
    Fark'd!
    It is neither down nor on Fark. :v:

Fencingsax wrote:
    edited September 2004
    Grath wrote:
    Fark'd!

Yeah...but it could be. Oh well.

Added the CTS Animated video.

• MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Grath just submitted it maybe five minutes ago. Give it a chance.

• NightingaleNightingale Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Well, D, I must say, you certainly handle the injury well for being upset at your performace :D

Mayhaps next year I'll play and that way you can have the excuse to play all of the 'easy' songs cuz I haven't played in a couple of years. Freeze arrows scare me, man. They didn't *have* those things when I was hooked on it. (I know, you can turn them off.. but they still stir this uncomfortable horror deep deep in my heart).

finalnightsig.jpg
    edited September 2004
    Grath wrote:
    Fark'd!

Its on total fark right now.

3ds Code 0619-3710-2995
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    hahahaha thats my friend who almost got bowled over. Skeet Dodged!

• ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I'm in the video. I'm the guy with the white shirt. Thamik and my friend Andrew is the guy who dodges him as he falls.

• edited September 2004
    Fuck, I knew that was Red Machine. You were doing that wierd cat scratch gesture to me while in the line in the final Omegathon round. I decided to ignore you.

edited September 2004
    DarthMat wrote:
    Fuck, I knew that was Red Machine. You were doing that wierd cat scratch gesture to me while in the line in the final Omegathon round. I decided to ignore you.
    I don't remember doing that. Nor do I remember you ever being there. The only thing I remember about being in the Omegathon line was eating Cheez-Its and talking to the Sophitia cosplayer.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • edited September 2004
    DarthMat wrote:
    I don't remember doing that. Nor do I remember you ever being there. The only thing I remember about being in the Omegathon line was eating Cheez-Its and talking to the Sophitia cosplayer.
    Huh. Okay then.

edited September 2004
    DarthMat wrote:
    DarthMat wrote:
    Huh. Okay then.
    It's entirely possible I was doing it to someone else and you just thought I was doing it to you. If I even was doing it.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • edited September 2004
    DarthMat wrote:
    DarthMat wrote:
    Huh. Okay then.
    It's entirely possible I was doing it to someone else and you just thought I was doing it to you. If I even was doing it.
    It was either you, or there was another big, red haired guy at the convention.

No big deal, regardless.

edited September 2004
    DarthMat wrote:
    DarthMat wrote:
    DarthMat wrote:
    Huh. Okay then.
    It was either you, or there was another big, red haired guy at the convention.

No big deal, regardless.
    Could have been Monkey.

Fencingsax wrote:
  • SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Monkey is more of a strawberry blond...

edited September 2004
    SnowGhost wrote:
    Monkey is more of a strawberry blond...
    SILENCE!!!

Fencingsax wrote:
  • PatwarePatware Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Red believes my finger smells like poop.

'Cape guy' is a dirty liar.

3rd place in Gamer Bling, with the Gamecube Controller medallion.
    (2nd went to the guy with a Virtual Boy.)
    (1st to that psycho with the zapper, controller, and Power Glove.)