As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA]Project Phashion - GAME OVAR: SABOTEURS WIN

1101112131416»

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh also, I felt bad about holding back submissions of people who were killed, cuz they worked hard on their submissions, but no one was gonna see them for a while, which must really suck. Would it be better if I turned each day into two days, one for fashion voting and one for phalla mechanics?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fuck. I'm so sorry, B:L.

Elendil on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No, I'd keep it how you have it, but do a second post for the "sabotaged/killed/auf'd" of the day.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    So I conclude that Richy is an ass and is just trying to make me look bad for offing him.

Sorry for doing that pal, but it's no reason to push for a village loss.

Richy wasn't pushing for a village loss, B:L. What would you think if you were a good guy special and someone came out and tried to get you killed by fingering you as a saboteur? :P I'm pretty sure you'd think this guy was trying to get you killed for his own nefarious purposes. Also, Richy had the vig kill that night, and he could easily have killed you if he wanted to.

Irene, I put the vote on Richy to see how he would react. And he reacted poorly for a phalla vet, throwing out wild reasonings and terrible logic. If he actually put forth a competent defense, I would've relented and pushed for Discgrace instead. Instead, he attacks Spectre's "shock and sympathy". O_o

The good guy network, and anyone else who's paying attention, can't help but think that he's a bad guy.

Good thing he thought the lime immunity protected me that night, huh? :lol:

And I never said I seered Richy.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well, it's 1am, so I'm off for the night.

Once again, Irene, good game.

Congrats on everyone who made great submissions.

DiscGrace and JamesKeenan, well played! All other players too, it's been fun.

B:L, don't worry, there'll be other games. Learn from your mistakes in this one, and maybe next game you won't lose it for the village. Besides, most people (myself included) don't carry grudges from game to game, so no one will hold your fuck up in this game against you :wink:

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Fuck. I'm so sorry, B:L.

Hahah, don't worry, Elendil. It's just a game.

If you want to make it up to me though, you can help point out some of Richy's "terrible" logic. :lol:

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    B:L, don't worry, there'll be other games. Learn from your mistakes in this one, and maybe next game you won't lose it for the village. Besides, most people (myself included) don't carry grudges from game to game, so no one will hold your fuck up in this game against you :wink:

Feel free to take your head out of your ass sometime, too. I won't mind the stench of your own shit, I'm already used to the smell coming from your mouth.

I can't believe he made it so personal. :|

• Options
    edited December 2007
    I am are winnar, imho. DiscGrace, too.

We both had total fucking espionage shit going on. Reporting pms we were getting from others. I shared what B:L was sharing with me so we could plot our victory, and when Richy came out to Grace and told her his role for the night (last night) and said he'd eliminate Elendil, it was just so. fucking. awesome.

Me, Grace, Elendil, Spectre, Richy and B:L. Spectre'd be sabotaged. Elendil'd be killed and B:L could have been voted off. It would have been perfect.

It was a shame that Richy lost the vote, but we still won, so, :D

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Feel free to take your head out of your ass sometime, too. I won't mind the stench of your own shit, I'm already used to the smell coming from your mouth.

I can't believe he made it so personal.
    :|

Do... do you not see... :shock:

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

No you didn't, but you sounded like you were really sure of it. :P You were so sure of it, Richy even started doubting himself; he sent me a PM asking if he really were evil but didn't realize it.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This was one of the more fun Phallas I've played in. I loved it.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This was one of the more fun Phallas I've played in. I loved it.

<3 Elendil. And thanks for filling in on short-notice.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

No you didn't, but you sounded like you were really sure of it. :P You were so sure of it, Richy even started doubting himself; he sent me a PM asking if he really were evil but didn't realize it.

I was more and more sure the worse and worse his arguments got. :lol:

C'mon Irene, would you believe someone who tries to discredit you by saying your "vigilante" was showing "shock and sympathy"? ;-)

• Options
    edited December 2007

I can't believe he made it so personal.
    :|

Do... do you not see... :shock:

Yeah, I see who's at the head of the quote. ;-)

Face the facts. Richy is a veteran phalla player. Would you think he'd miss this:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3785295#post3785295

and this:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3769787#post3769787

Especially with the last part of this:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3781707#post3781707

And say there were no signs of a guardian? :lol:

I voted him out because I thought he was a saboteur due to his terrible defense.

He was actively trying to make the village lose because he wanted revenge. :|

• Options
    edited December 2007

C'mon Irene, would you believe someone who tries to discredit you by saying your "vigilante" was showing "shock and sympathy"? ;-)

It was obviously a misunderstanding that escalated, but I have to say you can't blame Richy for reacting the way he did, because why would you believe someone when he was telling everyone you're evil when you're in fact not?

Anyway, Richy was most definitely not being a dick and trying to make the village lose.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    He wanted revenge because he was honestly convinced of your evilness, all beginning with your accusation of his evilness.

And neither of you were fucking evil! I was! DiscGrace!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, stop it. He made a wrong judgment--and a somewhat understandable one, under the circumstances--not tried to ruin everything and oh, hated puppies too.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It was obviously a misunderstanding that escalated, but I have to say you can't blame Richy for reacting the way he did, because why would you believe someone when he was telling everyone you're evil when you're in fact not?

Anyway, Richy was most definitely not being a dick and trying to make the village lose.
    I apologize for the drama in your thread, Irene. I'm just trying to make it clear that the village lost because of these factors:

RNG (:P), Discgrace being a great artist, and Richy failing to defend himself and instead making it more likely in our eyes that he's a bad guy.

My mistake in saying that he's a bad guy is light in comparison. Accusations are made all the time, and a phalla vet like him knows it. Why then did he flounder around with a terrible defense? I can only assume that it's because the arrow hit true and he couldn't argue against the truth.

But to address your last part, think of what happened. He "missed" the guardian thing. Which conveniently allows him the reasoning to dismiss every single supporter who tried to verify me. He also ignored the fact that I admitted that I could have been wrong, instead going gung-ho against me despite every single shred of evidence in the narration and from the players that I was the seer, using the reasoning that I said I seered him as evil.

Sorry Irene, I know you're being nice and all, but I can't believe he would dismiss so many things as a phalla vet out of logical reasoning. He just went all out and said his wrongful judgement was ALL my fault, because I'm stupid and a terrible player, none of his fault whatsoever.
    Richy wrote:
    B:L, don't worry, there'll be other games. Learn from your mistakes in this one, and maybe next game you won't lose it for the village. Besides, most people (myself included) don't carry grudges from game to game, so no one will hold your fuck up in this game against you

If that's not a dick comment, I don't know what is.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I love puppies but sometimes they get on my nerves.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, stop it. He made a wrong judgment--and a somewhat understandable one, under the circumstances--not tried to ruin everything and oh, hated puppies too.

I'm admitting he made a wrong judgement, but he's being a dick about it.

I'll drop it, but I'm going to disagree because there's no way a phalla vet would make those kinda arguments and miss those important and obvious facts.

• Options
    edited December 2007

To be fair, you did accuse him of working against his faction out of some petty disgruntledness, which was not true; I'd be pretty hurt if someone accused me of that :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I'm admitting he made a wrong judgement, but he's being a dick about it.

I'll drop it, but I'm going to disagree because there's no way a phalla vet would make those kinda arguments and miss those important and obvious facts.

Richy was a late-ish fill-in. I know that doesn't technically excuse him, but I think it makes it more understandable if he's not totally caught-up with what happened.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

To be fair, you did accuse him of working against his faction out of some petty disgruntledness, which was not true; I'd be pretty hurt if someone accused me of that :P

He accused me of being George W. Bush! :cry:

And gave me an undeserved Most Incompetent Seer award. That totally belongs to Zot.

Ah well, bygones be bygones. I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks again for the phalla, Irene. ;-)

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks again for the phalla, Irene. ;-)

Thanks for playing, B:L :) I really liked your Enforcer design, btw. I was rooting for it <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Also, I wanted to thank everyone for playing my first game <3 I really enjoyed all your submissions, some of them made me roflcopter; the degree of creativity I got in from you guys were way above and beyond what I expected :) Please keep posting any comments you have, or send it to me via PM, so I can make the next fashion phalla even better.

Love to all <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Also, I wanted to thank everyone for playing my first game <3 I really enjoyed all your submissions, some of them made me roflcopter; the degree of creativity I got in from you guys were way above and beyond what I expected :) Please keep posting any comments you have, or send it to me via PM, so I can make the next fashion phalla even better.

Love to all <3
    You know, I didn't know what to think when I saw the phalla signups.

At first, I was afraid. I was petrified.

Kept thinking I could never win without art on my side.

But I spent so many nights, thinking how I can do wrong

And I grew strong. And I learned to phalla along.

I like how you opened up the floor to EVERYONE on the final night, but please make a final vote notice before that. I would've made a more legit entry then. :P

Also, like I said, throw off all allegiances in the end. It's cutthroat time, and even though they sabotaged their way to the top, there can only be one winner.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Or just change the description of talentless hack to include some reason for a group win.

I prefer a group win, personally.

I wonder why. :winky:

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I like how you opened up the floor to EVERYONE on the final night, but please make a final vote notice before that. I would've made a more legit entry then. :P

Yeah, I actually had intended the Zoolander bonus challenge to be the epic final 3 challenge, like the Bryant Park challenge in the real show. But then I realized that voting was always one day behind the challenge, and now I had these final 3 contestants with designs that haven't been voted on. I didn't know how I would work in the Zoolander challenge without completely discounting the Mrs. Claus challenge, so I decided to just go with it in the end. That was a pretty big miscalculation on my part :( That's part of the reason I think maybe I should turn each day into a 2-parter, so that the voting is caught up with the challenges, then I would know who the final 3 are before I issue the final challenge. I thought it would have been really lame to make people do an epic challenge and then have them end up dead due to mechanics and not have their work count for anything.
    Or just change the description of talentless hack to include some reason for a group win.

Well, my rationale for a group win for the saboteurs was that you needed each other's help to set up the sabotage, then the winner would have to share his good fortune with the other conspirators, because they would blackmail the shit out of the winner if he didn't go along with the pact.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks again for the phalla, Irene. ;-)

Thanks for playing, B:L :) I really liked your Enforcer design, btw. I was rooting for it <3

That was my most inspired design in the whole competition (other than the GLaDOS song, of course ;-)). Being an enforcer for basically 4 years, I just asked myself what I would like to wear. And what I'd like to wear is Khoo. 8-)

Well, my rationale for a group win for the saboteurs was that you needed each other's help to set up the sabotage, then the winner would have to share his good fortune with the other conspirators, because they would blackmail the shit out of the winner if he didn't go along with the pact.
    Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We lost on a technicality!?

You sons of bitches

Actually no, I won't get involved in the bitch fight over here. Hiss meow scratch and claw, eh?

I would have liked to not be saboteured :( I liked my pirate.

Otherwise, fantastic game Grace, would play again :D

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

Jes keep on tryin till we run out of cake

and the fashion gets done

and you make a neat uh

uh

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    hair bun

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the syllables are off

but whatever

and you make a neat bun
    for the people who're still Fabulous

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is now a good time to gloat shamelessly?

I think it is.

:gloats:

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irene, I had an awesome time playing (and not just 'cause we won :P). You did an awesome job - I would have forgotten that you had never done this before if you hadn't mentioned it.

One thing I was surprised by was that no one figured out I had to be evil after B:L told us all how someone gets to be a vigilante (you come in second place on the night before). I didn't know that and said I hadn't killed anyone, and then Richy told everyone that HE had been the vigilante - so I must have gotten skipped for some reason. Hmm, what reason could that be ... ;) The part where I was the only artist left in it for the last few nights was a little suspicious too, I thought.

Also, I feel kind of bad for playing Richy like a drum, but B:L backed him into the corner so nicely, how could I not? Sorry Richy. (Not very sorry, mind you. :) )

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Irene, I had an awesome time playing (and not just 'cause we won :P). You did an awesome job - I would have forgotten that you had never done this before if you hadn't mentioned it.

One thing I was surprised by was that no one figured out I had to be evil after B:L told us all how someone gets to be a vigilante (you come in second place on the night before). I didn't know that and said I hadn't killed anyone, and then Richy told everyone that HE had been the vigilante - so I must have gotten skipped for some reason. Hmm, what reason could that be ... ;) The part where I was the only artist left in it for the last few nights was a little suspicious too, I thought.

Also, I feel kind of bad for playing Richy like a drum, but B:L backed him into the corner so nicely, how could I not? Sorry Richy. (Not very sorry, mind you. :) )
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I did think of killing you with my vigilante kill, exactly because you were too good an artist for me to ever beat you on art :P

But then of course B:L came after me, and that changed all my plans.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm sorry the freakish ice storm ruined the game for the villagers.

I didn't get to vote because I was out of internet for 2 days.

I would've voted B:L!

D:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hey Spec :) I'm glad you're still ok. Everything survive the storm?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

My car didn't. However, this was for other reasons than the ice storm. Never buy a Hyundai.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

My car didn't. However, this was for other reasons than the ice storm. Never buy a Hyundai.

Yeah, you should know better than to buy cheap Asian knockoffs of Honda.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Yeah, you should know better than to buy cheap Asian knockoffs of Honda.

But the dealer assured me I was making a wonderful decision!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg