Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Spectre's art dump and love corner (for Erin) (NSF56K ETC.)

Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hello people, it's been a while since I've made a thread here, but now I have a good reason to!

I am now enrolled in the preparatory course or whatever the English term for that is of the Willem de Kooning Academie in Rotterdam. I go there every wednesday by train to do art things and increase my odds of getting in. The train trip is two hours either way, which leaves me with lots of opportunities to doodle and do other things.

So now I present to you some of the fruits of my labours on train journeys:

These are simple, unrelated doodles.

Traindoodles02.jpg
Gunbusterdoodle.jpg
artschooldoodle01.jpg

The course I'm taking has also motivated me to do more life-drawing:
OpaJan.jpg
This is my grandfather.

I've also been brainstorming with Squidbunny about this thing we are hoping to do in webcomic form. It's about Punch-Boy and Kick-Girl, who fight vampire oppressors in a post-apocalyptic, dystopian future, along with several allies.

Punch-Boy, who punches:
Punch-Boy.jpg

and Kick-Girl, who kicks:
Kick-Girl.jpg

They ride this guy to get around:
GrendeltheBearwolf.jpg
(a bearwolf is a bear with lycanthropy)

There are also other characters, such as Surgery-Boy and Syringe-Girl:
Surgery-Boy.jpg
Syringe-Girl.jpg

And Vox-Boy and Guitar-Girl:
Vox-Boy.jpg
Vox-BoyandGuitar-Girl.jpg

And Buccanneer-Boy and Pirate-Girl (not pictured):
Buccanneer-Boy.jpg

Also, I am in the process of colouring this:
Erinsbirthdaypresentinks.jpg
for Squidbunny because it was her birthday a while back and I promised her that I would totally do a Punch-Boy and Kick-Girl picture for her.

Any comments and crits are welcome.

Spectre-x on
Sig_link_image.jpg