Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[SE++ PC Gaming] Land of Patches

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Singularity Engine++
So, there's threads for all the other gaming avenues, all the consoles, but none for PC?

Since PC gaming is the only kind of gaming I'm into, here's the SE++ chat thread for PC gaming, wherein you can mention all the tiny little things about your games that you love, that are interesting to mention, but which you can't be bothered putting in the effort to make a gigantic OP in G&T just to make that one little observation.

Having just gotten a new computer, I'm discovering a lot of games that most of you probably found, enjoyed, and discarded many an age ago, including Doom 3, F.E.A.R., Stalker, and DX:IW (i know, i feel dirty too).

I'll start off with something i noticed about Doom 3.

Has anyone noticed how Doom 3 can be two completely different games, simply by the presence or absence of headphones/decent surround sound speakers?

When I play Doom 3 with my headphones on, with the volume cranked up, every tiny little zombie that appears scares the ever-living SHIT out of me! When I take the headphones off and play without sound, it becomes a pretty mindless shooter, where I am transformed into a minor deity.

So much of the atmosphere in that game is created by sound.

Yay contributions, go!

Dhalphir on
Tube-san wrote:
I apologise for my rudeness desu.