As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] SW:Saga - War of the Star Forge

13»

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

The captain blinks slowly and rolls his eyes slightly, likely annoyed by the jurisdiction and bureaucracy interference that just ends up causing him headaches.

"Very well. I will process these forms while my security officer tends to our detainee. If you would please meet him at the office across the hall," he responds with a hand pointing in that direction.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Zevec nods curtly and turns about, making his way to the security office. The captain returns to his office, datapad in hand. Zevec overhears the clerk responding on the comm: "Cargo pickup? Present your identification and documents to the office, first door on your right." He steps into the hall and glances at the entrance, the door sliding open to reveal Premus and crew.

Zevec does not acknowledge any recognition and continues on, running into who must be the security officer. The door slams shut behind him as he joins Zevec in the hall. "Ah, so you're taking this one off our hands are you?" He stood tall and confident, clasping his hands behind his back as he stopped before Zevec. He wore a heavy blaster with familiarity and comfort.

"Daron seems unnecessarily stubborn. He revealed little during interrogation thus far, perhaps he was concerned about being connected to Czerka and having them come for him, although obviously that didn't stop them from finding out right?" The man operated the nearby door controls and the holding area opened up before them.

The room had four holding cells, only one of which was active. Behind the blue haze of the energy containment field Daron Mabhei stood. His eyes bulged in shock at Zevec, flitting to the officer and then back. Fortunately the shock was reasonable by either story and Daron smartly kept his mouth shut for now.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    "Indeed. How this one thought he could escape the long arm of Czerka is beyond me. Coming to Onderon was a clever move, seeing as we have not yet negotiated a trade agreement with your government. I appreciate your cooperation. It's a sign of good relations to come between our interests."

"It seems that you have other visitors, so I shall not keep you long. I will transport him to the hangar personally, and I have already secured passage to Korriban. If you have a labor droid or vehicle capable of bringing the stolen cargo I would be much obliged. Any fees that I might incur for his transfer, binders or local transport I can of course pay here."

Pleasantries and formalities. It was like criminal negotiations, but with promises of goodwill rather than threats of ruination. It also offered him the ability to throw in a few details here and there so Daron might get the idea.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The officer chuckles. "I don't usually deal with visitors. Not the legitimate kind, anyway."

Mabhei interrupted the man. "You aren't going to just hand me over to Czerka, are you?" he pleaded. "I'd rather take my chances with the beasts in the wilds!" Whether he was playing along or genuinely against the prospect of being taken away, it didn't matter to Zevec.

"I imagine Korriban will enjoy having you back," spouted the officer. He faced Zevec. "Anyways, I'm here until the transfer is all taken care of and he's officially outta my hands. Procedure, you know. You can borrow some binders until he's secured on your ship, just drop them off at our desk at the starport. I'm afraid you'll have to arrange to pickup any cargo yourself though."

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    "Ah. Well, I'm sure that won't be too difficult. The speaker said there was a cargo pickup today... perhaps they'll be able to put my product on the back end of their load."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Lomi looked over at Gamorrean, quizzically. What he wanted she didn't know he just squealed and hooted. She wouldn't mind working on those voice boxes for him, maybe get a better translation than what has been coming out. Suddenly he looked at the panel and waved his hand. Lomi thought maybe he was pretending to be a sith or a jedi like a child.

"What exactly do you want?" Lomi looked at him and the panel again, "You want me to mess with the security or are you going to use the force on it. It would be fun to break in and be inside but I could see us getting into a bit of trouble if we are either caught or even begin to raise suspicion. I know its kind of boring being back here, but lets not ruin the job just yet." Lomi smiled that wry smile she gets when she starts to get bored.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Perch followed Premus into the customs office, a nondescript little bunker of a building across from the star port. He tried to appear disinterested, mostly paying attention to the package of biscuits he was munching on, and listened in as Premus introduced himself and stated his purpose.

Perch heard a familiar voice - Zevec in an adjoining corridor - and pointedly ignored it. He stuffed another biscuit in his mouth and glanced around the room, spotting security monitors in each corner. Only semi-furtively, Perch opened his mouth in the direction of one of the cameras in a grin, exposing a mouthful of half chewed cookies.

"You aren't going to just hand me over to the Czerka are you?"
    A plaintive voice originated from the same direction as Zevec, and Perch choked a little, unable to ignore the implications of what he thought he was hearing. A second guest is not covered under personal effects. And a prisoner at that?! Was this person dangerous? What the hell was Zev thinking?

The customs official cut short in mid sentence and cocked his head to the side, raising his eyebrows at Perch over Premus' shoulder.

"Sory... too many.. mphf... would you love a cookie?" Perch gave the customs official the same, half open mouth full of cookies grin he'd given the camera, waggling the package of biscuits in front of him.
    "No? Okay." Perch shrugged and went back to contemplating Zevec, and wondered if he would have to shoot this second party, and/or Zevec, and how many times.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Lomi tapped her foot while waiting for the signal. Having no one to talk to, err well no one that can really speak back was really becoming more and more boring.

"So, Klaggy... Can I call you Klaggy? Let's work with some simple yes and no questions. You ever done any work like this before?" Lomi glanced over only to notice him fiddling with the metal pipe he took from the skiff rental guy and looking up with a sort of 'no idea what you said' look.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "I'll assume that you said a lot more than no there." Lomi slightly laughed, "I do enjoy the translations from your vox-boxes, but if you ever want me to take a look at them let me know." Lomi had a habit of sweetly offering her services anytime it involved tinkering with something electronic. She looked off toward the storage area, and nothing seemed to be happening she looked down somberly and kicked a small pebble near her foot. "Okay, heres a fun one. Have you ever eaten a mynock?"

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Holding the vox box revealed that Klaggy had been trying to fix it himself quite a few times. His tool of choice seemed to be his vibroaxe.

"Well, no promises but I'll see if I can get a bigger vocabulary going for you at least."

She looked over the device and opened it up. Some of the circuits had been cut, and a few chips broken, but with a little rerouting and an adjustment here and she closed it back up. She polished the box up a bit for Klaggy and handed it back to him.

"I doubt its perfect, but it should be able to translate what you say a bit clearer for everyone. Once we finish this job, if you'd like maybe I can find a parts place somewhere close by and get something a little bit more useful and convenient for you. I highly doubt taping a voxbox to your clothes has been all that useful."

If this thing starts to go sour I am driving this skiff right into the building, what is taking so long. Patience was not a virtue of Lomi's. She looked at the skiff and wondered if modifying the output would get her into any trouble.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    XaiberDXaiberD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Premus stepped forward through the public entrance to the customs office. Closed door to his left looked uninviting compared to the opened office door on the other side, and he approached it. In their prep time, Premus had washed and pressed his clothes as best he could. While the clothes themselves weren't that bad, him wearing them made it seem like he was attempting to look good, but a bit worn from a long trip.

"Excuse me gentlemen." Premus said, confidantly striding into the opened door. "I believe I have some business here with you. It seems that you have something of the Republics in your possession, yes?" He glanced from the person behind one desk to the other, then back again, smiling easily. "We've been hired to pick it up and take it back to them. I believe my associate has some paperwork for you to sign here..." He finished, looking back to Garum and Perch.
    Deception Checks (3), to be used as needed. (1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=12, 1d20+7=23)
    Rolled 3 deception checks, since I'm not really sure when they will/won't believe me. Results: 14, 12, 23. Figures the best one would come last.

I think Garum was the one that made the documents? So I'm assuming he has them, possibly in some clipboard, or folder, or datapad equipped with signing screen. Can't remember if it was soft- or hard-copies of documents.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Perch tottered forward as he rummaging through his utility belt, spilling several unopened packages of cookies to the floor before coming up with the datapad of forged credentials Lomi had perpared.

"Your documents, sir." Perch passed the datapad to Premus, who in turn passed it to the customs official. Perch addressed the man as he perused the document.
    "We aren't late, are we - ooh drek, I stepped on that, it's gonna be all crumbs." Perch grinned sheepishly as he crouched to scoop up his dropped snackpacks.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Garum Pakti remained silent, patiently playing his role as hired guard. Not content to do nothing, he calmed himself and called upon the Force, stretching his senses out into his surroundings, just as he did so many times on Dantooine while hunting Iriaz with his father.
    Use the Force to sense surroundings, 1d20+6=16 (take 10).

I will also run through some of the Perception checks: notice targets, hear distant or ambient noises, and then either eavesdrop if I hear something interesting or search on each of the 1-square areas in the room, albeit from where I am standing as opposed to actually getting on hands and knees and tearing the place apart.

Perception for all of that, 1d20+6=16 (take 10).

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23