As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In Nomine Patri et Filii et Spiritu [Chat]

• ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    It's almost 5:30. Do I stay up for my 10 o'clock final, or do I go to sleep now and risk missing it because of oversleeping?

Do you have coffee and is it delicious? This is important.

ViolentChemistry on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    I'd say stay up. I've missed a couple tests thanks to oversleeping, but no matter how fucked up I've been or how long I've been up, actually sitting down to one perks me right up, at least for the duration of the exam.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I cannot comprehend your sleep cycle (dotted line?), Elki.

Haphazard on
    edited December 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I'd say stay up. I've missed a couple tests thanks to oversleeping, but no matter how fucked up I've been or how long I've been up, actually sitting down to one perks me right up, at least for the duration of the exam.

Is it because exams are superfun for you too? Because they're definitely my favorite.

ViolentChemistry on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What the fuck. YouTube comments are the absolute worst. I mean it. Worse than GameFAQs and 4chan combined. GameFAQs posts are stupid in the thirteen-year-old brat way. But YouTube comments are stupid in a "I possess no sapience or common sense whatsoever" way.

Someone left a comment on this video reading "Sorry to disappoint you but god does not exist". If you don't understand why that's such an idiotic comment, watch the video, and you will.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    There's no danger of me dozing off during an exam, it's just gonna make me sleep into the evening. I'm just gonna stay up.

Also, I can totally do yoga handstands now. :)

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The thing about Afterworld is it's done by a retardedly small group of people, so you can hear their own idiocy sneak in there from time to time - like ethanol being "the most efficient energy source" when there's not a "corporate agenda".

LOL.

electricitylikesme on
    edited December 2007
    What are you talking about, ELM? What is Afterworld?

Haphazard on
    edited December 2007
    Google gives me some 'sci-fi' series. Is that it?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »
    What the fuck. YouTube comments are the absolute worst. I mean it. Worse than GameFAQs and 4chan combined. GameFAQs posts are stupid in the thirteen-year-old brat way. But YouTube comments are stupid in a "I possess no sapience or common sense whatsoever" way.

Someone left a comment on this video reading "Sorry to disappoint you but god does not exist". If you don't understand why that's such an idiotic comment, watch the video, and you will.

hahahaha

that's youtube

James on
    edited December 2007
    James wrote: »

hahahaha

that's youtube

The fucker gave me a one-star rating for it, too. I don't particularly care what ratings my videos get, it just pisses me off that he rated the video without watching it.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    The campus Starbucks opens in 40 minutes; I'll go spend the few hours I have left in there.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Google gives me some 'sci-fi' series. Is that it?
    Yes. It's a comic book style thing. I keep ignoring it and then seeing random eps on the sci-fi channel. It's also online.

electricitylikesme on
    edited December 2007
    Haha. Church that's excellent.

ViolentChemistry on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007

Is it because exams are superfun for you too? Because they're definitely my favorite.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, actually I could take tests all day long.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2007
    Haha. Church that's excellent.

Do watch the other one, if you haven't already. It was a joke submission for the Republican debate thing they had with YouTube.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    I never watched Church's video before. The crucifiction joke is gold, dude.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2007

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, actually I could take tests all day long.

I wish they would just give me an extra exam instead of homework. I rock tests hard.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007
    The sun is almost up. In a few minutes I'll be able to go to sleep finally.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    I wish they would just give me an extra exam instead of homework. I rock tests hard.
    Srsly. I pay attention in class, I just hate having my evenings filled with busywork.

Though I always make the dumb-ass mistake of ignoring homework in my math classes.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2007

Me three!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Church

stop being so similar to me :x

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2007
    I hate audits.

Haphazard on
    edited December 2007

Srsly. I pay attention in class, I just hate having my evenings filled with busywork.

Though I always make the dumb-ass mistake of ignoring homework in my math classes.

Yeah I'm about to get a C of some sort in Microeconomics because while I've been within two points of a perfect on every exam I only did one homework assignment.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Church

If it's of any comfort, I find the prospects of both using craigslist and having lady parts installed horrifying.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Church

If it's of any comfort, I find the prospects of both using craigslist and having lady parts installed horrifying.
    and I could never relate to your traumas

I just think it is sort of eerie that two utterly-terrible but utterly-disparate paths could bring us to this same miserable place

you and I

me and you

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I'm about to get a C of some sort in Microeconomics because while I've been within two points of a perfect on every exam I only did one homework assignment.

:P That sucks. My econ teachers were usually pretty willing to go easy on the homework stuff after they saw I was getting 96s on the tests.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2007
    Church

and I could never relate to your traumas

I just think it is sort of eerie that two utterly-terrible but utterly-disparate paths could bring us to this same miserable place

you and I

me and you

Place? What place? Georiga? Or noctiphobia?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I hate audits.

Are you being audited?

James on
    edited December 2007
    Place? What place? Georiga? Or noctiphobia?
    Noctiphobic daredevils to start with I am sure I could think of more stuff if it wasn't 7:15AM and the sun was ushering me to turn in for the night

Oboro on
    words
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so

the plan was to fall asleep at like 3pm and wake up around midnight and do some homework

the time is now 7am and i just woke up

ffffffff

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
    edited December 2007

:P That sucks. My econ teachers were usually pretty willing to go easy on the homework stuff after they saw I was getting 96s on the tests.

Mine's this young Malaysian girl, I don't think she knows that being a professor means she can grade people however she wants yet.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007
    The campus Starbucks opens in 40 minutes; I'll go spend the few hours I have left in there.

People's heads turn as he enters, and Elki knows they're looking at him.

A girl spills her drink. He has that effect on women. He's used to it.

He shares a knowing glance with the barista. She's into it. Oh yeah.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2007

He places an order for a double espresso. The barista knows that since he asked for a double instead of a dopio, what he's really after is the shotgun she's holding for him. Elki always stops at Starbucks on the way to work...

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007
    Mine's this young Malaysian girl, I don't think she knows that being a professor means she can grade people however she wants yet.

Try explaining that her homework has low marginal utility for you. That actually worked a couple times for me.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2007
    I hate audits.

Are you being audited?

Nope, I'm the auditor.

Haphazard on
    edited December 2007

Try explaining that her homework has low marginal utility for you. That actually worked a couple times for me.

I'm doing it.

Edit: Should I also try to sleep with her? I hear people get extra-credit for that in college.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2007

He places an order for a double espresso. The barista knows that since he asked for a double instead of a dopio, what he's really after is the shotgun she's holding for him. Elki always stops at Starbucks on the way to work...

:lol:

James on
    edited December 2007
    I hate audits.

Are you being audited?

Nope, I'm the auditor.

You're auditing yourself?

James on
    edited December 2007
    I'm doing it.

Edit: Should I also try to sleep with her? I hear people get extra-credit for that in college.

Since this is micro, I think it's absolutely appropriate to try and take all you can get.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.