As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: RIGHT BUMPER IS THE MAKO CANNON LERN 2 REED

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    davincie wrote: »
    I am invoking rule 34 on Wrex.
    I've got good or bad news for you depends if you really want it
    It exists! i regretfully saw it in the mass effect thread on SA :(

Rule 34 is absolute. It is never wrong.

Dont mention hanar 34 or katchem_ash will be in here in 3 seconds flat.
    Actually, he's banned, so he can't ;-) (I was looking through the ban thread due to boredom). Just out of curiousity, what did he do to make everyone hate and laugh at him? I've seen a few outrageous sig quotes that what I have seen of him has backed it up (he's an absurd Japanophile), but I don't understand the universal derision attracted in only a year. I see his name mentioned rather frequently, and it's weird to me.

Yeah, the idea of space gypsies is important. I wonder if that's why people think she's hot, or if it's just because you can't have her?

I noticed that her lower legs are kind of fucked up - all curved back with kind of talon feet. Like an ostrich maybe. I'm not really sure if this detracted from the hotness though.

Liara has folds of skin instead of hair across the top of her head. Didn't make her any less attractive.

Those odd earholes are a little icky though.

You know, I never actually noticed that. I guess as long as Tali isn't scraping her ostrich legs down your own shins, things would probably work out okay.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nexus has a good point.

Anyway I always thought the Turian were sort of reptillian, but that's just a guess. Hopefully in ME2 you can visit the Flotilla, that would be kind of cool.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nexus has a good point.

Anyway I always thought the Turian were sort of reptillian, but that's just a guess. Hopefully in ME2 you can visit the Flotilla, that would be kind of cool.

It'd be cool, but I really doubt that'd happen. If they have to wear airtight suits at all times to prevent germs, I doubt an outsider would be let in so easily.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wouldn't they be able to decontaminate new comers in the same way that the shore party is decontaminated upon entering the Normandy?

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Or you could just... put your helmet on. Like in every other place where you need a sealed suit. :|

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyway I always thought the Turian were sort of reptillian, but that's just a guess.

The turians are actually supposed to be more avian than reptilian.
    Wouldn't they be able to decontaminate new comers in the same way that the shore party is decontaminated upon entering the Normandy?

Maybe, but we still have all sorts of things living in our bodies that decontaminating the surface probably wouldn't get rid of. The quarians really don't have much of an immune system anymore so anything foreign to their flotilla is probably potentially harmful. Bringing on foreign objects is probably safe after decontamination whereas living organic creatures are not.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nexus has a good point.

It'd be cool, but I really doubt that'd happen. If they have to wear airtight suits at all times to prevent germs, I doubt an outsider would be let in so easily.

I would imagine they have a "DMZ" consisting of certain ships that outsiders are allowed to visit in order to meet with leaders, etc.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Or it could be a choice. Go hang out on the Flotilla and risk contaminating everyone (maybe for some important reason, like seducing a Quarian), or leave well alone and hook up with a Krogan chick instead.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Don't they always have to wear the suits since their bodies would simply be crushed thanks to them being used to their planets atmosphere? I assumed they wore the suits all the time.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Or it could be a choice. Go hang out on the Flotilla and risk contaminating everyone (maybe for some important reason, like seducing a Quarian), or leave well alone and hook up with a Krogan chick instead.

*Shepard runs up and licks a Quarian*

"LOL AIDS"

+25 Renegade Points

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

*Shepard runs up and licks a Quarian*

"LOL AIDS"

+25 Renegade Points

You've all heard or seen War of the Worlds, right?

../ I'd really like to get to know you
    o- Fancy dinner?
    ..\ (lick Quarian)

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but Shepard has a fully enclosable space helmet for a reason.
    I wanted to spoil fun.
    +25 Renegade points

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Don't they always have to wear the suits since their bodies would simply be crushed thanks to them being used to their planets atmosphere? I assumed they wore the suits all the time.

That's the volus. The quarians wear their suits outside the flotilla because they pretty much have no immune system left after 300 years on more or less sterile ships.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Anyway I always thought the Turian were sort of reptillian, but that's just a guess.

The turians are actually supposed to be more avian than reptilian.

Maybe, but we still have all sorts of things living in our bodies that decontaminating the surface probably wouldn't get rid of. The quarians really don't have much of an immune system anymore so anything foreign to their flotilla is probably potentially harmful. Bringing on foreign objects is probably safe after decontamination whereas living organic creatures are not.

I actually meant to say that I thought the quarians were more reptillian. If that's how you spell their names anyway. I don't really know how I made that mistake.

I suppose your right about the decontamination, but I agree they must have a 'DMZ' zone where they meet outsiders for trade. I think it would be kind of cool to see that.

EDIT: Yeah and the fully enclosable space suit thing. That works too. Come to think of it if all ships use a decontamination system aren't all ships sterile enough then? Wouldn't the quarians just need suits when visiting planets and whatnot.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    decon would only work for the exteriors. Other species have so many germs flying around that are harmless or mostly harmless to them since their immune systems handle it. But for the Quarians exposure to such germs would be potentially lethal without their suits and implants. An outsider on the flotilla without a suit would probably start a lethal outbreak that would kill huge amounts of the population.

EclecticGroove on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So ugh... how exactly does Tali eat or drink or shit while on the normandy? Was it ever explained?

Or is it the "Quarians are cybernetic" theory?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So ugh... how exactly does Tali eat or drink or shit while on the normandy? Was it ever explained?

I think that falls under the heading of "Advanced Alien Technology."

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    thetheroo wrote: »

So what a multi purpose garden hose?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    thetheroo wrote: »

She does mention that quarians leaving on their pilgrimage receive extensive implants that assist in their survival away from the flotilla in addition to their suits.

She never mentions what the implants do, exactly. Maybe they give nutrition!

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    MoogPaulMoogPaul Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Excuse me for being completely out of touch, but ME is like all the other bioware stuff? Like oblivion, baldur's gate and games like that? What are the core differences (besides setting obviously) btw this and other bioware games? I'm not completely sold on this game, however, I think I want to be.

MoogPaul on
    moogpaul.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007

Quarians poop out of their upper arms. You can see the tubes on Tali's armor, where the poop is reprocessed into Miracle Whip and sold at a modest profit.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    MoogPaul wrote: »
    Excuse me for being completely out of touch, but ME is like all the other bioware stuff? Like oblivion, baldur's gate and games like that? What are the core differences (besides setting obviously) btw this and other bioware games? I'm not completely sold on this game, however, I think I want to be.

It's a whole lot like an evolution of Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic. It's not a whole lot like Baldur's Gate except in that they pay uncharacteristic attention to dialogue, plot and characters.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also oblivion isn't bioware, so make sure not to include that in your calculations.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    MoogPaul wrote: »
    Bioware has nothing to do with oblivion, or any other Elder Scrolls game. That's Bethesda, FYI.

Edit: dammit, beaten like a rented mule. :x

gilrain on
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Actually the developers have said on these forums that there were no female Turian, Volus etc. models because of budget limitations.

Iriah on
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just finished the game, the last half hour is just so fucking epic I can´t even believe it!
    Rushing trough the ruins to get to the Cidatel getting shot by every side, running on the side of the council building, actually convincing Saren to shoot himself, the Normandy leading the cavalry to the rescue, the battle with "Reaper Saren", and finally Normandy landing the final blow to Sovereign.

I should let it sink properly but I have to say I will probably put this together with Fallout and Mafia as the top 3 endings ever.

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FlavabeanFlavabean Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You can convince Saren to shoot himself?! God Dammit...

I wish i had the chance to play through this game a second time...so many things missed.

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Iriah wrote: »
    Actually the developers have said on these forums that there were no female Turian, Volus etc. models because of budget limitations.

Then we can expect them in ME2!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Flavabean wrote: »

I wish i had the chance to play through this game a second time...so many things missed.
    It's the Charm/Intimidate option when you try to convince him to stop. If you have enough points you could load an old save and do it. It's pretty good, but he doesn't get the giant glass shard in his chest.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    Flavabean wrote: »

It's the Charm/Intimidate option when you try to convince him to stop. If you have enough points you could load an old save and do it. It's pretty good, but he doesn't get the giant glass shard in his chest.
    I really think that saying "Thank you" and then shooting yourself is way more badass than glass shards.

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just want to take this time to say that the best team has to be the Wrex/Garrus Combo. The way they play off each other is amazing.

KimFidler on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

I assumed all squad members had little quests of their own on my first playthrough as Tali and Wrex both had theirs (I was only using them). A friend is telling me that only Wrex, Tali, and Garrus have quests associated with them, is that true?

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

I assumed all squad members had little quests of their own on my first playthrough as Tali and Wrex both had theirs (I was only using them). A friend is telling me that only Wrex, Tali, and Garrus have quests associated with them, is that true?

your friend is right.

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    damn him

I thought maybe I'd go to Jump Zero with Kaidan and kick ass or something.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well Kaidan, Ashley and Liara do get side quests of a sort, it's just that they mainly involve having sex with them.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    damn him

Why? The place is used for boring research now.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    damn him

or so they would want you to think.

muhahahahaha!

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    damn him

or so they would want you to think.

muhahahahaha!

Jump Zero isn't actually a research platform anymore. It was partially disassembled and moved near the Charon Relay. It's like a fancy space airport now.

The research Kaiden talks about occured there 15 years before the game.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was convinced we'd pay his old turian supervisor a visit until
    he told me he killed him with a biotic kick. There goes that quest! :P

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am getting this game for Christmas.

I'm pretty excited.

It's sat downstairs right now, shrink wrapped.

I should crack that bitch open for a premature playtest. Y/N ?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.