As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The man with the Golden [Chat]

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    guys guys

JETPACKS
    game2tv6.gif

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    guys guys

JETPACKS
    game2tv6.gif

HELL YES.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    comics: PA, Dinosaur Comics, Achewood, PBF
    xkcd if it stops sucking, A Softer World is ok, and I like Wapsi Square but haven’t read it in ages
    GPF was good but I haven’t read it in about a year because the schedule got so messed up

stilist on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm not sure why, but I have always found this Achewood hysterical.

Re: Jetpacks - isn't that just like that jetpack that was designed back in the 60's? There was one in a James Bond movie.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Indy people like questionable content for the same reason weaboos like megatokyo. blatant wish fulfillment.

I could see that, though if QC is these peoples idea of wish fulfillment I am frightened.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain RonCaptain Ron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Damn you Nintendo.

They lost my Wii console after I sent it in for repair.

Captain Ron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I read, cyanide and happiness, pvp, Dr.McNinja, Order of the Stick, Errant Story, Goblins, CtrAltDel, QC, Simulated Comic, Sam and Fuzzy, Bear and Kitten and some other odd stuff that update very rarely.

No xkcd

No Cat and Girl

CtrlAltDel

You lose.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Damn you Nintendo.

They lost my Wii console after I sent it in for repair.

You sure it wasn't pirates of the carribean capn?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    xkcd if it stops sucking, A Softer World is ok, and I like Wapsi Square but haven’t read it in ages
    GPF was good but I haven’t read it in about a year because the schedule got so messed up

Dinosaur comics? have a little self-respect

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Ugh. I get to spend the next few hours digging up articles I was supposed to read over the semester.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Dinosaur Comics is good shit you godless communist

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »
    I read, cyanide and happiness, pvp, Dr.McNinja, Order of the Stick, Errant Story, Goblins, CtrAltDel, QC, Simulated Comic, Sam and Fuzzy, Bear and Kitten and some other odd stuff that update very rarely.

No xkcd

No Cat and Girl

CtrlAltDel

You lose.

CtrlAltDel is like.... I already started might aswell continue reading. But I don't really care what you think.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dinosaur comics is excellent if you have the correct voice in your head for T-Rex.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh look its the same panels of dinosaurs that I have had for the last god knows how long, with too much text and no god damn joke.

I also read wonderella from time to time, it's a guilty pleasure.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

No xkcd

No Cat and Girl

CtrlAltDel

You lose.

http://www.cadsucks.com/

20071130-027.jpg

Dinosaur comics is a comic for people who have good taste

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

Man I fail to see the problem with some people getting their fuck on.

Me too. The quote about how the Dems are not doing their jobs with the program is really reaching.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Does it bug anyone else when webcomic people make grammatical and linguistic errors in their comics? Errant Story is by far the worst, but the one that bugs me the most is the time when Kurtz tried to make a bros-before-hos joke and absolutely failed because he had no fucking clue what "aforementioned" means. He never even went back to correct it.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I will read what I will read.

stilist on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did.... did they just add words to a PBF comic so the joke was more obvious?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Firefox should have both the ability to drag tabs into new windows, and the ability to go "back" in a tab where you've clicked "open link in new tab."

So often I get to a tab from some random clicking and searching earlier, and I think, "What the hell was I doing that I opened this up?"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the only web comics i read are PA and PBF

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Firefox should have both the ability to drag tabs into new windows, and the ability to go "back" in a tab where you've clicked "open link in new tab."

So often I get to a tab from some random clicking and searching earlier, and I think, "What the hell was I doing that I opened this up?"

I'm not really sure what the point of the second thing is, but I'm totally with you on the first thing. Mostly because I'm super-anal.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dinosaur comics is great. Sod off.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have the pbf of curious george getting laid on my refrigerator

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Does it bug anyone else when webcomic people make grammatical and linguistic errors in their comics? Errant Story is by far the worst, but the one that bugs me the most is the time when Kurtz tried to make a bros-before-hos joke and absolutely failed because he had no fucking clue what "aforementioned" means. He never even went back to correct it.
    It bugs me when anybody makes errors like that.

stilist on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Alright. Time for Return of the Jedi and rampant article reading. Later mother[chat]ers.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »

No xkcd

No Cat and Girl

CtrlAltDel

You lose.

http://www.cadsucks.com/

20071130-027.jpg

Dinosaur comics is a comic for people who have good taste

That comic doesn't need dialogue:

PBF179-Special_Delivery.jpg

Mithrandir86 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    When you choose to "open link in new tab" from whatever page, and you find the new tab later... I'll so often forget the page I originally found the link on, and will have no way of founding where the hell I got the link. What page I was at.

"Here's a tab with a picture of a pretty girl, was this the tab I opened from this page, or this page or this page?"

That thing.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I normally don't notice errors because my mind corrects them for me, so I'll read it the way it's supposed to be read, but miss that it isn't right.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007

How, exactly, would the second one be implemented?

The first one would be handy, and Safari currently does it.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Sure, but I think it's worse when it's by people who're supposed to know what they're doing, isn't it? And when they don't even bother to go back and correct it, that just really lowers them in my esteem. I know it's not like we have a right to expect professional-grade work, because it's not like they're getting paid to do this (well, most of them), but it just seems to me a creator should take at least that amount of pride in his work to want to make it not have stupid mistakes in it.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It bugs me only because I know that if the author is a retard, the comic will not be good.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah why would you add text to a PBF comic? What the hell?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damn, actually have to go do some computer maintenance at work.... be back eventually.....

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I will read what I will read.

Buy your whole worth to the internet community depends on what webcomics you read or don't read.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sure, but I think it's worse when it's by people who're supposed to know what they're doing, isn't it? And when they don't even bother to go back and correct it, that just really lowers them in my esteem. I know it's not like we have a right to expect professional-grade work, because it's not like they're getting paid to do this (well, most of them), but it just seems to me a creator should take at least that amount of pride in his work to want to make it not have stupid mistakes in it.
    Given the quality of most webcomics, I don’t expect anything worthwhile. PA is the only one I read that makes mistakes, and those are promptly fixed.

I tend to have a low tolerance for stupidity in media.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It bugs me only because I know that if the author is a retard, the comic will not be good.

That's reaching a bit, I think :P Grammatical mistakes don't necessarily indicate retardation. I really enjoy Errant Story, but it's got like an average of 2 typos or run-on sentences per page.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    so....cadsucks is run by someone who hates cad?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.