As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Xbox 360 Headset/Mic Issues - It's Always On!

HewnHewn Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm hoping some of you can solve this one for me, as it's become an annoyance.

My friend and I have been playing Call of Duty 4 together, which is great. What isn't great is that the mic on his headset IS ALWAYS ON. Even when he's not talking, you can hear this low hiss. In the game, his talk icon is always on, whether he's making noise or not. He's tried turning down his TV volume and moving it away form his face. Basically, no matter what he does it is as if the headset is constantly on, even when no sounds are registering.

This has become problematic, because when we want to talk in games everybody else on the team gets annoyed by his mic being on constantly and the low hiss.

Is the headset completely busted? Simple fix we're overlooking?

Steam: hewn
Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
Hewn on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm pretty sure every mic comes with a mute button/switch. Just use that whenever you aren't talking.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You're correct, and that's what he has been doing, but it's a bit of a hassle when juggling that mute button when in a twitch game like COD4 trying to relay information.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • WuckFarcraftWuckFarcraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Have you ever given him your mic? Chances are it sounds like it is just broken. Does this happen in other games?

WuckFarcraft on