As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Various publications' GOTY 2007 lists

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Ho ho! FOXNews/AP is on the scene
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317706,00.html

Other "Best of"
    Best game that almost seems like an afterthought: "Portal," the innovative puzzle game that rounded out Electronic Arts' "Half-Life 2" omnibus, "The Orange Box."

:|

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    EA did publish the non-Steam versions of the game, and it's not an uncommon practice to refer the publisher instead of the developer when talking about games. You see it all the time.

Gamespy's GOTY list came out and, predictably, COD4 cleaned house. I think they're polishing that game's knob a little too hard. I mean, I love the game myself, but when you have it winning stuff like best graphics in the special awards (with motherfucking Crysis as runner-up), that's just off. Hell, it shouldn't even make runner-up in that category, in my eyes. Meh, whatever, nothing to lose sleep about over something so silly.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I know EA are publishing the non-steam version, but it's Valve's game dammit, and it's just been really rare to see it referred to as an EA game.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    COD4 shouldnt be goty in any category except maybe multiplayer.

I mean it is amazingly good, but other games are just better.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ANM editor's picks
    The GOTYs wrote:
    1) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Deciding between BioShock and Super Mario Galaxy for my game of the year was incredibly difficult. 2007 is the first year that I've had this much trouble deciding what game deserves the award in a long time. That's because both games are absolutely deserving of the title, and I could write neither off as the "wrong" choice. For me, the thing that won Mario Galaxy this spot on my list was its gameplay. Looking back at 2007, the game I had the most "fun" with was Galaxy – and that's what it's all about, right? Few games are as fun to simply control as Galaxy, first of all. Miyamoto and team are masters of the art of control – this much is for sure. But there's more: Mario Galaxy is unlike any Mario before it. The planet-based platforming and puzzle-solving is often ingenious, and the sheer number of planets and variety of worlds is impressive. What's more, Galaxy blends new with old in a way few games do. In Galaxy, the traditional is accompanied by the untraditional, and as a result, it stands as one of the most simultaneously unique and nostalgic games ever made. But, more importantly, Galaxy's gameplay design is fantastic. At its very foundation, it is built upon unadulterated fun. Triumphantly, Super Mario galaxy serves as undisputable evidence of Nintendo's skill and creative talent as a game-maker. So, with that, is it my GOTY? Hell yes.

1) TIE: Ratchet and Clank + Uncharted (PS3)

Yeah, I have two favorite PS3 games this year. I honestly can't decide. On one hand, Ratchet is the more polished of the two delivering the best Ratchet game to date. Uncharted, on the other hand, is the kind of game that you can't help but fall in love with because of how fresh it feels. What surprised me the most is I didn't care that either of these games lacked a multiplayer mode. I played through both games twice and I had just as much fun as the first play though. Both of these games were works of art and should rake in a number of awards as 2008 approaches.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it somehow feels as if the hype train left the station without Mario for the first time. The releases of Halo 3, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 on the Wii's competitors somehow managed to drain most of the mainstream focus this fall. How unfortunate that is, because no game deserves to be as highly celebrated as Super Mario Galaxy this year. EAD's ability to churn out masterpieces as if it's simply part of a regular day's work should continue to astound this entire industry. Galaxy is so strong that many players have actually forgotten that Mario Sunshine ever existed, instead jumping back to Super Mario 64 for their benchmark. And by most accounts, including mine, they have surpassed that benchmark. The game that set the gold standard for so many principles of 3D gaming for a decade has finally been usurped. Mario Galaxy combines perfectly all of the elements that make Nintendo unique in this industry: seamless controls, attractive art design, signature sound and unadulterated fun. If there was ever any doubt, let it this moment be laid to rest: The Plumber Is Still King.

1) BioShock (360)

For all those who question the validity of gaming as an artistic medium, we present BioShock. The product of unyielding ambition and pure heart, BioShock literally submerges the player in an alternate, undersea world, teaming with history, culture, brilliance and tragedy. Gorgeous art direction and breathtaking sound design suck the player into the world of Rapture, where they'll unravel one of the most well-written and beautifully executed narratives ever crafted. . Rife with provocative themes, BioShock is arguably the first game that can be discussed on the same level as classic literature, a major step forward in the development of the medium as a whole. The gameplay is part shooter, part RPG, and players have the freedom to develop their character's abilities as they see fit so that they might use them to contend with the denizens of this broken paradise in a creative and open-ended manner. No one element of BioShock stands above the rest, every piece comes together perfectly to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences of all time.

1) BioShock (360)

One word: Wow. BioShock offers one the most intense and gripping single player experiences I have ever experienced in all my time of gaming. I was instantly attracted into the world of Rapture and was compelled to stay upon arrival. Every section of Rapture is full of life and has characters talking to each other, while others are fighting with their wives, and so much more. Nearly everything in the game is fully interactive or has an alternative use. My favorite combination was to light a Splicer on fire and watch it jump into a flooded area of the level only for me electrocute the water and kill it. Sure, the Splicers are small fries compared to the terrifyingly great Big Daddies. You can't help but feel connected to a Big Daddy as it protects a Little Sister. A few times during the game, I actually felt remorse for killing a Big Daddy and then having to listen to a Little Sister cry for her loss. BioShock is a powerful title and I can't wait for a sequel to happen.

...Mario! Super Mario Galaxy is not only the best game available on the Wii, but it's the best game released in 2007. In a very crowded year, Super Mario Galaxy was the lone title that pops into my head each time I think of the word "fun." Technically Super Mario Galaxy has been bested by other games this year, but nothing can match the pure amount of enjoyment that Galaxy provides. It's early to tell, but it's quite possible that Super Mario Galaxy ends up being remembered as the one of the finest platformer games ever created. The variety of locations, the crazy amount of power ups (the most since Super Mario Bros. 3), the insane boss fights, and the classic Mario charm and polish make Super Mario Galaxy my easy pick for the best game released in 2007.

bruin on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The PS3 editor is a huge douchebag.

Rook on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    Seriously, everyone else listed 3-4 platforms in their Top 10, and he lists 10 PS3 games. I'm going to hope he mistakenly thought he was only suppose to focus on the PS3.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Eye of Judgment can be summed up in one word: Innovative. The debut of the PlayStation Eye was welcomed with Eye of Judgment. The game comes in a few parts. First you have the PS Eye then trading cards to "scan" under the Eye. The result is an augmented reality game that turns your 2D cards into 3D creatures on the screen. The best part is you could take your cards online and battle opponents from across the world. Scarce booster packs made building a deck from scratch difficult but the gameplay was easy for newbies to understand but complex enough for the staunchest of Magic player.
    Where is the innovation?

Couscous on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    Seriously, everyone else listed 3-4 platforms in their Top 10, and he lists 10 PS3 games. I'm going to hope he mistakenly thought he was only suppose to focus on the PS3.

I'm pretty sure he is just focusing on the PS3, but by conscious choice, not any sort of mandate.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    Eye of Judgment can be summed up in one word: Innovative. The debut of the PlayStation Eye was welcomed with Eye of Judgment. The game comes in a few parts. First you have the PS Eye then trading cards to "scan" under the Eye. The result is an augmented reality game that turns your 2D cards into 3D creatures on the screen. The best part is you could take your cards online and battle opponents from across the world. Scarce booster packs made building a deck from scratch difficult but the gameplay was easy for newbies to understand but complex enough for the staunchest of Magic player.
    Where is the innovation?

Stolen from the Wii.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    IGN Platform Awards (only voted on by the editors of that platform)
    http://bestof.ign.com/2007/
    IGN wrote:
    PC: BioShock
    360: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    PS3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    DS: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
    PS2: God of War II
    PSP: Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
    No rockin' the boat for IGN.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sort of related: Game|Life's top disappointments of the year (broken down by editor). #1 from all: Wii's 3rd party software lineup:
    This amount of shovelware hasn’t been seen since the omnipresence of the Atari 2600, which leads us to wonder, what Wii title will find its way to a New Mexico landfill?

This makes me chuckle and frown simultaneously.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Aaaaaaand Gamespy's Overal GOTY is COD4. Shocking!
    http://goty.gamespy.com/2007/overall/14.html
    Gamespy wrote:
    Overall Top 10:

1. COD4
    2. The Orange Box
    3. Bioshock
    4. SMG
    5. Rock Band
    6. Galatic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
    7. WoW: The Burning Crusade
    8. Mass Effect
    9. Uncharted
    10. LoZ: Phantom Hourglass

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My game of the year is still Morrowind. Nothing has yet to dethrone it.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    Sort of related: Game|Life's top disappointments of the year (broken down by editor). #1 from all: Wii's 3rd party software lineup.

I like the idea of this list. Isn't the point of the internet to complain about things that you have no power over?

Mine is probably the amount of storage space on the Wii. Although this will be more of a disappointment in a couple of months when Wii Ware launches. Another disappointment to my wallet is the fact that the XBox 360 finally got attractive enough to seem worth the asking price. I have to own one in the next couple of months.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    edited December 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »
    Sort of related: Game|Life's top disappointments of the year (broken down by editor). #1 from all: Wii's 3rd party software lineup.

I like the idea of this list. Isn't the point of the internet to complain about things that you have no power over?

Mine is probably the amount of storage space on the Wii. Although this will be more of a disappointment in a couple of months when Wii Ware launches. Another disappointment to my wallet is the fact that the XBox 360 finally got attractive enough to seem worth the asking price. I have to own one in the next couple of months.

I like the idea of the list too, but Earnest's "The sales of Halo 3" and Super Mario Galaxy sections are basically retarded.

bruin on
  • Options
    fkn creepfkn creep Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zxerol wrote: »
    EA did publish the non-Steam versions of the game, and it's not an uncommon practice to refer the publisher instead of the developer when talking about games. You see it all the time.

Gamespy's GOTY list came out and, predictably, COD4 cleaned house. I think they're polishing that game's knob a little too hard. I mean, I love the game myself, but when you have it winning stuff like best graphics in the special awards (with motherfucking Crysis as runner-up), that's just off. Hell, it shouldn't even make runner-up in that category, in my eyes. Meh, whatever, nothing to lose sleep about over something so silly.

Maybe they're factoring in accessibility to high-end graphics? I know my 3 year old rig made Crysis look like Far Cry, pretty much.

fkn creep on
    t1g3rstyl3.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah.. fucking third party shovelware...

Props to Ubi for at least trying, and props to Atlus, Sega, Capcom, Activision, Konami, Sierra, SNK, and even EA for doing something decent to awesome for the system.

The rest of you - I'm looking at you in particular, Midway - can lick a dick. Want to whine about sales on the system? I'm turning a deaf ear until you start putting out something with less Car Vaulting and other various crimes against humanity out for the Wii. Same goes for the rest of you shovelling your shovelware onto the system for a quick buck. Namco, you should be ashamed.

slash000 on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Xbox Live Arcade. Though once touted as a haven for independent developers, the reality of Xbox Live Arcade has become somewhat different. As Screwjumper developer Norb Rozek put it, "the dreaded realities of business models are setting in." Other developers have made similar observations about XBLA's movement toward a more traditional formula, with publishers fighting to get their sure-fire safe hit featured on the service. Though a few quirky gems still manage to find their way to the Arcade, the majority of XBLA's library has become indistinguishable from offerings on store shelves, thus defeating the service's supposed purpose. Every day, it's seeming more and more like XBLA is really an experiment to see what happens when the console maker also becomes the sole distribution channel for software.

For references, here are all the XBLA games released this year:
    Aegis Wing
    Alien Hominid HD
    Arkadian Warriors
    Battlestar Galactica
    Bomberman Live
    Boom Boom Rocket
    E4
    Geon: Emotions
    Heavy Weapon
    Marathon: Durandal
    Mutant Storm Empire
    Pac-Man: Championship Edition
    Screwjumper
    Space Giraffe
    Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
    Switchball
    Undertow
    Wing Commander Arena
    Pinball FX
    Carcasonne
    Catan
    Soltrio Solitaire
    Spyglass Board Games
    Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe
    Centipede/Millipede
    Cyberball 2072
    Double Dragon
    Fatal Fury Special
    Golden Axe
    Gyruss
    Jetpac Refuelled
    Missile Command
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Paperboy
    Root Beer Tapper
    Rush 'n Attack
    Sensible World of Soccer
    Super Contra
    TMNT
    Track & Field
    Xevious
    Yie Ar Kung-Fu
    Castlevania:SotN
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Prince of Persia Classic
    Sonic
    Sonic 2
    Streets of Rage 2
    Shrek N' Roll
    Eets: Chowdown
    EXIT
    Hexic 2
    Luxor 2
    Puzzle Quest
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
    Tetris Splash
    GripShift
    Mad Tracks
    Street Trace NYC
    Yaris
    3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
    Band of Bugs
    Worms
    SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam (Dec 26)

Can't say that I agree with her (and getting the developer of a unique yet mediocre game to support your case doesn't lend your claim much credibility). Yes, there are plenty of ports of classic games and various franchise games, but setting those aside, there were still plenty of games from smaller groups and innovative and unusual games from developers both big and small. I think the main thing is that due to all the XBLA games having demos, you really need your indie game to be well polished. Indie games like Puzzle Quest and GripShift that had good ideas and were polished do well. Games like Screwjumper (Cool idea, but poor control and just not very fun) and Space Giraffe (great game, but very steep learning curve) that didn't have that level of polish do poorly.

And setting aside whether or not XBLA is supposed to be a haven for indie developers, based on pure fun & value, it's hard to fault the system this year. For starters, release frequency has jumped from 27 games in 2006 to 66 games in 2007. I would say that the quality has jumped as well: whereas in 2006, the only new XBLA game I really liked was Lumines, this year the list would include Heavy Weapon, Pac-Man:CE, Castlevania:SotN, Mutant Storm Empire, Puzzle Quest, Space Giraffe, GripShift, Bomberman Live, and others. Plus the value has gone up as well with the addition of a Greatest Hits line making older games even more accessible: thanks to that, I've picked up Zuma (a lot more fun than I expected) and will probably pick up Marble Blast Ultra. And seriously, between the new $10 price tag & the awesome $5 Rockin' Holiday pack, no one with a 360 has a valid excuse to not pick up Lumines Live now.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I'm with you on that Rainbow Despair. Plus, there's also lots of other cool stuff coming out for XBLA in the near future too; like a new Mercs game for one.

Personally, I've always thought of Live Arcade as just that - a place for arcade and arcade-like games old and new. I think it's the perfect place for tons of ports of old arcade games like Pac Man and Contra. But I also think it fits XBLA well for stuff like Heavy Weapon, Alien Hominid, Bomberman.

tl;dr- basically it's a great place for old arcade hits as well as new, interesting, smaller games. And cool old console ports like SOTN and Ikaruga.

slash000 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We can sum it up like this: Anyone who doesn't love XBLA is an idiot.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    http://www.latimes.com/technology/consumer/gamers/la-et-vidyear21dec21,0,2717204.story?coll=la-home-center
    LA Times wrote:
    Best of the Year:

Bioshock
    Call of Duty 4
    Assassin's Creed
    Super Mario Galaxy
    The Orange Box

Honorable Mention:

Halo 3
    Rock band
    Ace Combat 6
    Cooking Mama Cook Off
    Lost Planet

Worst Game of the Year:

Lair

Dishonorable Mention:

Fusion Frenzy 2
    300: March to Glory
    Tenchu Z

bruin on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i am so happy that bioshock is kicking so much ass.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bruin wrote: »

Yeah...
    IN BIZARRO WORLD

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    For a moment I thought the LA Times had just lumped "The Best of the Year" in a group with no discernible order. That would be the way to go, too often games are difficult to properly compare and people just get into dick-waving contests over which is #1 instead of appreciating the mountain of good games in sum (at least more often than I'd like).

Anyway, I may not personally agree with someone's GOTY but I'm more than willing to accept that a compelling argument can be made for more than one game.

Maybe that makes me a hippy.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    fkn creep wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »

Maybe they're factoring in accessibility to high-end graphics? I know my 3 year old rig made Crysis look like Far Cry, pretty much.

Perhaps. But even if Crysis was immediately written off since even God's rig can't run that fucking bastard to the fullest, I can think of a couple of other games that I thought looked better than COD4, so it still shouldn't have taken that award. I mean, like Bioshock? Many of the gorgeous stuff I've seen on the PS3? C'mon. It's like Gamespy developed some sort of myopia from having Call of Duty's jizz splattered all over their faces.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TeamXbox awards

Ends with
    Mass Effect

Out of all the awards, this one (perhaps not surprisingly) saw the widest range of votes. CoD4, The Orange Box and BioShock all got some love, but the first next-gen epic from BioWare ended up walking away with the title. Detractors might point to the bugs and graphical glitches that pop up, but it’s impossible to deny the fact that this one’s a role-playing masterpiece. It’s got plenty of what we’ve come to expect from a BioWare game, including extended dialogue sequences, a built-in moral compass that alters the game based on your right or wrong decisions, and some of the hottest aliens we’ve ever seen.

What’s most impressive about the game is the fact that it was able to draw in gamers that don’t consider themselves fans of the RPG genre. Our very own Brent Soboleski wasn’t really looking forward to the game that much, but the ability to play the game however he wanted quickly changed his mind. If you want, you can make your way through the galaxy blasting everything in sight with pistols, shotguns or assault rifles, or you can rely on your biotics and save the ammunition for your teammates. It helped make the game so much more than a traditional RPG, blending equal parts role-playing and action.

With the recent announcement that a sequel is definitely on the way (along with some DLC to tide us over until then), we’re happy with the knowledge that we’ll be able to see what awaits Commander Shepard in the future.
    Back a Page

bruin on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Except for their XBLA section (Switchball for XBLA game of the year?! And Pac-Man:CE, Heavy Weapon, Gripshift, and Bomberman Live weren't even on the reader ballet for best XBLA games!) and their best hardware/peripheral of the year (Elite - did we really need yet another configuration for the system?), TeamXBox's selections were decent enough.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The one thing I can take from this thread is that the GOTY isnt really one game. Its 8 or 9 games. All interchangeable and appearing consistently on every publication and outlets GOTY lists.

Its like the usual suspects, only for games. It doesnt matter which one gets the most GOTY wins or nominations, because it is patently clear that all of them are GOTY contenders and really, chosing any of them is a wise move and picking your favourite is so hard it cant be done critically, and can only be done subjectively.

Which is pleasing because of the range of platforms and the range of style of games makes 2007s GOTY contest ludicrously better than any in recent memory.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This whole thing just makes me excited for the GotY poll coming up.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Game Informer did a top 50 of the year, the only one being numbered was BioShock at #1.

You can see their individual writers' lists here.
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The one thing I can take from this thread is that the GOTY isnt really one game. Its 8 or 9 games. All interchangeable and appearing consistently on every publication and outlets GOTY lists.

Its like the usual suspects, only for games. It doesnt matter which one gets the most GOTY wins or nominations, because it is patently clear that all of them are GOTY contenders and really, chosing any of them is a wise move and picking your favourite is so hard it cant be done critically, and can only be done subjectively.

Which is pleasing because of the range of platforms and the range of style of games makes 2007s GOTY contest ludicrously better than any in recent memory.

Which is why I prefer reading individual journalists' lists to "this is what [publication] thinks".

Also why I find polls on forums like here and GAF interesting, they're the largest (so you get people from all walks of life and with all different tastes) pollings of people who *at least* kind of know what they're talking about.

bruin on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Which is why I said, back on the 1st page:
    Spoit wrote: »
    Besides that, we have what, 5 games which are going to be on every single list in some order (SMG, halo, Cod4, Orange box), so why not talk about what the other goty's are, rather than just rehashing the same arguements over rankings we've had in the previous award threads. For example, Pac man on 2 lists?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Catan is my outsiders choice. Or what Ive played of The Witcher. Or Warhawk.

I guess Crackdown too if I had played it.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    For me it's Pac-Man CE and Hotel Dusk. And to a lesser extent Blue Dragon, which I don't like as much as those two games but I think it was way under appreciated.

bruin on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I havent played Blue Dragon. Guess Ill have to pick it up in the new year. Is it even out in Europe?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, it actually came out in Europe a few days before it did here. If you go in with the right expectations (shallow story is the most important one), it's a really good time. Very entertaining.

bruin on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Yeah, it actually came out in Europe a few days before it did here. If you go in with the right expectations (shallow story is the most important one), it's a really good time. Very entertaining.

It has some of the best enviromental art in a game. Eclipsed IMO by only Heavenly Sword.

corin7 on
  • Options
    StupornautStupornaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This is completely unrealistic, but I'd really like to see Forza 2 in one of these lists, and not just "best Xbox racing game of the year" or something. The paint customization alone should've helped people make a case for it.

On the less whiny front, glad to see Rock Band usurping Guitar Hero III on most of these lists.

Stupornaut on

Stupornaut.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Stupornaut wrote: »
    On the less whiny front, glad to see Rock Band usurping Guitar Hero III on most of these lists.

As it should be.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Tonberry KingTonberry King Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know what? Fuck you gaming media websites/magazines.

You should all wish you had a top list as awesome as mine:
    1. Best game in which you shoot stuff but it's an ADVENTURE GOD DAMMIT
    Metroid Prime 3
    2. Badest Badass, he's one bad mother f-
    Rundas from Metroid Prime 3
    3. Best use of vocals that make your testicles physically explode, but it's a good thing
    Kenji Yamamoto 's work in Metroid Prime 3
    4. Unlockable Bobble heads. There you go. Fucking unlockable bobble heads
    Metroid Prime 3
    5. Best use of Miyamoto and Iwata's disembodied voice yet!
    Metroid Prime 3
    6. Best proof that Miyamoto CAN make a Halo if he wanted to
    Intro to Metroid Prime 3
    7. Best game that makes you question why don't all games let you make the hearts of your enemies melt
    Nova Beam/X-ray visor combo. in Metroid Prime 3
    8. Best game that is also better than Mario Galaxy - search your feeling you know it be true.
    Metroid Prime 3
    9. Best game that proves that the gaming media is a souless husk that doesn't appreciate fun. Also moneyhats and such
    Metroid Prime 3
    10. GoTY
    Rune Factory.......wait, what? Oh shit, oh shit...METROID PRIME 3

Tonberry King on