The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Jack Thompson topic

• Inigo MontoyaInigo Montoya Registered User
    edited October 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    Maybe...Maybe hes talking about this thread as Penny Arcade's organized harrasment.. maybe hes talking about stuff like what penguin said at the top of the page as "death threats" Maybe he's reading this RIGHT NOW, GUYS HE KNOWS WERE HERE
    I'm not threatening the guy with death, I'm just hoping that he does die. It's one thing for some over zealous jerk off to murder someone, but it's another thing for the Lord God Almighty to smite a person himself.

Dont tell that to me, i already know, tell that to him, hes reading this by the way.............Hey Jack you look like the guy from Billy Madison with the old balls.

I MADE YA SOME SLOPPY JOES!

I MADE 'EM EXTRA SLOPPY!
    Larlarkillsahorse.jpg

You just watch yourself mister, or a unicorn will fuck you up.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I hope Jack Thompson buys a bunch of supplies for a cake and when he gets home and starts putting them all together, he'll forget that he doesn't have any pans.

• RohaqRohaq Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I hope that Jack forgets to return his video rentals on time, and gets a moderate fine for not doing so as stated within the terms he agreed to when he originally signed up for membership to his local video store's rental scheme.

Spoiler:
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    Maybe...Maybe hes talking about this thread as Penny Arcade's organized harrasment.. maybe hes talking about stuff like what penguin said at the top of the page as "death threats" Maybe he's reading this RIGHT NOW, GUYS HE KNOWS WERE HERE
    I'm not threatening the guy with death, I'm just hoping that he does die. It's one thing for some over zealous jerk off to murder someone, but it's another thing for the Lord God Almighty to smite a person himself.

Dont tell that to me, i already know, tell that to him, hes reading this by the way.............Hey Jack you look like the guy from Billy Madison with the old balls.

I MADE YA SOME SLOPPY JOES!

I MADE 'EM EXTRA SLOPPY!
    Larlarkillsahorse.jpg

You just watch yourself mister, or a unicorn will fuck you up.

Jordyn made me one of those a long time ago and I can't remember what I did with it.

chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I loved those things, they were keen

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited October 2005
    I wonder, if Maddox wasn't so busy with his upcoming book, would he have latched onto the JT controversy, or commented on it?

• CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User
    edited October 2005
    I wonder, if Maddox wasn't so busy with his upcoming book, would he have latched onto the JT controversy, or commented on it?

Maddox will probaby have a 30 page essay tearing the shit out of JT after hes done with the book. Say what you like but Maddox is the avatar of common sense 90% of the time.

This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2005
    Did anyone else notice this link http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm and thus forth totally ignore it? I just found it funny how it was posted, say, 20 pages ago and got barely any attention at all.

• RohaqRohaq Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Did anyone else notice this link http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm and thus forth totally ignore it? I just found it funny how it was posted, say, 20 pages ago and got barely any attention at all.
    It's older than God's grandad, seriously; we talked that to death like three whole threads ago.

Spoiler:
    edited October 2005
    Maddox has a pretty high accuracy rate as far as calling out bullshit goes. Even if he is a pretty big prick.

edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:
    It's older than God's grandad, seriously; we talked that to death like three whole threads ago.

Ah, I see. If people have, then I see no reason to even discuss this topic anymore. If video games have had absolutely no proven effect on youth violence rates, then why try to keep anyone over the teenage threshold (14+) from having Mature games?

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:

Ah, I see. If people have, then I see no reason to even discuss this topic anymore. If video games have had absolutely no proven effect on youth violence rates, then why try to keep anyone over the teenage threshold (14+) from having Mature games?

Same reason as anything. To make being 21 and older more awesome than it already is.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited October 2005
    BYToady wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:

Same reason as anything. To make being 21 and older more awesome than it already is.

I believe that's a plausible argument. Because 21 is the coolest age to be, why? Because it looks the coolest when written down on paper. (sigh) Only 5 years to go..

edited October 2005
    The ERSB should just adopt the ratings movies use. Seriously, people recognize and respect those ratings, where far less people know what the hell is up with the ERSB ratings.

Also, I'd like to note that whenever I went to Gamestop when I was younger I always got hassled for buying M rated games.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:

Because a lack of proof of their effect does not equal a lack of effect.

1LRdqui.png
    edited October 2005
    When I went to gamestop and such, the only thing I ever got hassled for was trading in games without my parents around. This bugged me because I was 17 at the time.

chillaxton.jpg
    edited October 2005
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    The ERSB should just adopt the ratings movies use. Seriously, people recognize and respect those ratings, where far less people know what the hell is up with the ERSB ratings.

Also, I'd like to note that whenever I went to Gamestop when I was younger I always got hassled for buying M rated games.

The ESRB wanted to just use the movie ratings, but the MPAA actually owns a copyright on them and wouldn't let them.

• HalfShadowHalfShadow Registered User
    edited October 2005
    Pony wrote:
    The ESRB wanted to just use the movie ratings, but the MPAA actually owns a copyright on them and wouldn't let them.

Cool. Let's blame them, then.

Dinostator wrote:
    All problems can be solved with a strategically-placed Italian midget with a hammer.
    edited October 2005
    Pony wrote:

I figured it was something retarded like that, but I was hoping that people aren't that greedy and stupid. Then again, it's the MPAA. Morons.

I hope Jack Thompson eats a really salty pretzel and he can't find anything to drink in his fridge and he has to drink tap water.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I hope Jack Thompson eats a really salty pretzel and he can't find anything to drink in his fridge and he has to drink tap water.

That's cold-blooded, man.

edited October 2005
    Are we talking about pretzels that have friggin 18 carat pieces of salt on them? Thats HARSH.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I hope he gets hayfever and forgets to buy an antihistamine. So that when he goes to bed that night, he has a hard time sleeping because of his constant runny nose.

edited October 2005
    I hope Jack Thompson has a crappy microwave so that whenever he tries to make popcorn, it's either burnt or there's a shit load of kernels unpopped.

edited October 2005
    I hope Jack Thompson has a crappy microwave so that whenever he tries to make popcorn, it's either burnt or there's a shit load of kernels unpopped.

Hey, let's keep it clean here. I want him miserable, not cursed.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    I'm just really curious exactly what part of all this Jack considers "extortion" in his twisted little world.

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    edited October 2005
    I'm really looking forward to what Jack is going to claim that Penny Arcade is extorting from him.

• Red ZoneRed Zone Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Why do I still keep clicking on this thread?

1vqtC.jpg
  • ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2005
    Red Zone wrote:

Hey guys, I heard Jack Thompson like called PA and bitched at them. Like, whoa.... </keanu>

Thundar and Thandor make the best threads. Coincidence or an unknown evil?
  • Mr. GoodtripsMr. Goodtrips Registered User
    edited October 2005
    Thandor wrote:
    Red Zone wrote:

Hey guys, I heard Jack Thompson like called PA and bitched at them. Like, whoa.... </Black Rob>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    OH MY JESUS CHRIST YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE FOURTH EPISODE OF STAR WARS AS AN AVATAR

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2005
    Defender wrote:

Defender wins

Thundar and Thandor make the best threads. Coincidence or an unknown evil?
    edited October 2005
    Defender wrote:

I know, it's crazy.

chillaxton.jpg
    edited October 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Defender wrote:

I know, it's crazy.

Hey Shorty, whos that a picture of in your avatar? You? I seriously thought that it was me for a sec because of the haircut and I have the same sunglasses. I was thinking 'What the fuck?'

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Defender wrote:

I know, it's crazy.

Hey Shorty, whos that a picture of in your avatar? You? I seriously thought that it was me for a sec because of the haircut and I have the same sunglasses. I was thinking 'What the fuck?'

Haha "Mild" Confusion.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited October 2005
    Defender wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Defender wrote:

I know, it's crazy.

Haha "Mild" Confusion.

Better than heavy confusion or moderate chaos..... What was I gonna say???

edited October 2005
    I am quite certain that lawyer Daniel Horowitz would advise me to take such threats seriously, aren't you?

Is this son of a bitch referencing the murder of Horowitz' wife? Which has ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION with video games?

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I am quite certain that lawyer Daniel Horowitz would advise me to take such threats seriously, aren't you?

Is this son of a bitch referencing the murder of Horowitz' wife? Which has ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION with video games?

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    As these scum wish me their worst, I will continue to try to do my utmost for His highest.

This pretty much sums up what Jack is all about. He thinks he some kind of righteous crusader, that he is doing the will of god. There are fewer things scarier than a man who thinks he's on a mission from god.

zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    edited October 2005
    Thank goodness that we have people like Jack Thompson around to prevent us from exercising the free will that God gave us.

What an ass.

This discussion has been closed.