As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Router woes.

Ranger RickRanger Rick Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, upon returning home from college for the holidays I seem to have found myself in the midst of internet woes. My family has been using a linksys wired router to share our cable connection for years with no trouble, but sometime during last semester the connection speed through the router has devolved to speeds that make me reminisce about 56k modems. The cable modem is working fine, and when my parents computer is connected directly to the modem browsing speeds are as they should be. I'm not sure how the router could suddenly have cut connection speeds so drastically after working fine for years.

Has anyone heard of such a thing or have any idea how to remedy the situation?

moonman.jpg
Ranger Rick on

• Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't know much about routers, but I do know that simply unplugging your router for about a minute and plugging it back in can really help with that sort of thing. It has something to do with the router software, but I can't remember exactly what it does. I'd recommend doing that once a week or so. Hopefully someone with some router knowledge can jump on this thread for you.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg