As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Question for the Canadian PAX-goers...

PolagoPolago Registered User regular
edited February 2006 in PAX Archive
...or at least the Albertans. :)

Who from alberta, or more specifically Edmonton travelled to pax this year? I'm wanting to goto the '06 PAX, but i'm unsure if there'd be people to meetup with on the way, or a combined roadtrip that could be made from Edmonton.

So, who from Edmonton or Alberta went to the '05 one?

(I'm looking for the Canadian PAX goer's thread, but this will serve the purpose as well.)

Polago on

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I don't know about Albertans, but there are plenty of BC kids that could join you along the way.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Trillian wrote:
    I don't know about Albertans, but there are plenty of BC kids that could join you along the way.

The problem there is while I could join the BC kids along the way to Seattle, people who are actually going from edmonton seem to have been none or very few (found one on a list from before), so being part of a trip is tough without a greyhound busride or a 2-3 hour drive before meeting up with anyone. :P

Polago on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2005
    I'll be visiting my parents in Hinton (whoo!) PAX-time next year...I'd be more than happy to meet up with you there.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    apotheos is an albertian i believe.....

he's a great guy!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    SmallLady wrote:
    apotheos is an albertian i believe.....

he's a great guy!

Apo is in lethbridge which is a ways down from me, so it'd be 6+ hours of inconvenience for him or whoever else unless they want to go twice the speed limit.
    omnimbus wrote:
    I'll be visiting my parents in Hinton (whoo!) PAX-time next year...I'd be more than happy to meet up with you there.

As in meet you in Hinton? I could very well be up for that, assuming that's what you're thinking. :D

Polago on
  • Options
    TobiTobi Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I'm from Red Deer, and I travelled fine with my girlfriend.

I'm going again next year, but I might be living in Vancouver by that time.

Tobi on
    PMS clan + My 1UP profile + Myspace +

GT(s): sagaciouz (Xbox 360), Annarchy (Halo 2)
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    There were a couple guys I met last year, they got me hooked on Dragons Gold. I'm not sure if he checks the forum whatsoever though, so....maybe try posting this again more towards august. They're cool guys though.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2005
    leaf wrote:
    There were a couple guys I met last year, they got me hooked on Dragons Gold. I'm not sure if he checks the forum whatsoever though, so....maybe try posting this again more towards august. They're cool guys though.

If you mean PAX05, then either its a very big coincidence or it was my copy of Dragon's Gold.

I had some discussions with some Northern Albertans pre-PAX05 and there was a theory about meeting in Calgary and taking the Trans-Canada to Vancouver and then popping down to Seattle. Thats a possibility for next year, athough if I can at all afford it I'm going to fly.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Me, with a message just for you:

1cb58f25.jpg

Also, you had one very cynical compadre with you. Good times all around.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    I'm from edmonton (basically), and hope to make it out for PAX '06.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to get there and back as a roadtrip with a bunch of people- i'm up for organizing something if there's more people around interested

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2005
    we're going to make some announcements at the first of the year regarding dates and location etc., so there will be a lot more people posting here when that hits.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    I'm from edmonton (basically), and hope to make it out for PAX '06.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to get there and back as a roadtrip with a bunch of people- i'm up for organizing something if there's more people around interested

A foreigner in the city? :D

I'm totally up for it if something can be organized, so lets keep our eyes and ears open!

Khoo: Just like any other event, the buzz gets bigger the closer the show gets. :)

Polago on
  • Options
    eclypsedeclypsed Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    A bunch of us from Calgary go every year.
    FIrst year it was three, second it was five (cos I couldn't go) next year we're hoping for five or six of us again

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I seem to remember some BC-people talking about our own sort of West-coast Super Trip from the North. I'm wondering if there has been any progress on that or if anyone was even serious about that.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    I seem to remember some BC-people talking about our own sort of West-coast Super Trip from the North. I'm wondering if there has been any progress on that or if anyone was even serious about that.

Perhaps as the above post mentioned with calgary groups, the chums from up in edmonton and red deer could meet up and head south down the highway to calgary. Perhaps other outlying areas could converge on edmonton first and then head south all at once.

I still like the idea of getting a greyhound for everyone going down to Seattle, and having it start a ways away in Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, or otherwise. :D

Polago on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    There'll probably be five or so of us coming from Sherwood Park and Fort Saskatchewan.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I'll have exams up until the week before PAX, so I doubt I'd be able to get any organizing done for a CWCST. Plus, I'll be heading down early and staying as long as my clean underwear holds out, so I dunno when I'll be coming home.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I'd be willing to throw up a website and perhaps help co-ordinate if an Alberta Super Trip is something people want planned.

We always drop into the states at Abbotsford and go through Nooksack(sp?) and such areas. Cos fuck, you get to go through Nooksack! and see our favorite kind of americans... dead ones (inside joke).

Anyone who is interested drop me a line at eclypsed at eclypsed dot com, and I will throw up a site with a roster of cars and folks and maybe some google maps of our route to Seattle/bellvue.

We're really waiting for hotels before my group does much more planning, but if we could get all the albertans in one hotel, we could rock the casbah.

Laters,

Xian

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I'm putting up a site at http://albertapaxtrip.launch-pad.ca

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    I'm *probably* going from Red Deer. Two or three others as well. Nothing very solid yet though.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    eclypsed wrote:
    I'm putting up a site at http://albertapaxtrip.launch-pad.ca

Awesome. :D

I'll be sure to post something when I start to know for sure what's going on with me. :)

Polago on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Excellent. I'll need a few more days to get the site organized, and then we can start communicating there and perhaps end up with a caravan.

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Cool, forums are up and everything should be working at:
    http://albertapaxtrip.launch-pad.ca

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png