As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wife's PSP broke

Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
Hey guys, I've already looked and we decided to spend 80 bucks on fixing my wife's PSP screen (she broke it with her knee playing with our son).

Before we spend the money though, can we get it fixed for free since it's still under warranty? She got it literally a week ago.

banner.gif
Shooter Mcgavin on

• Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you can convince Sony that it was defective and not broken by your wife than you have a shot.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, I wonder if the store we bought it from would let us exchange it.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sony has a real "Fuck the customer" attitude when repairing their systems. My psp was messed up because dust got under the damn buttons, they wanted $80 "to look at it, no promises"... If it is a real recent purchase, see if the retailer will let you return it.

Also I fixed the button issue in 5 minutes.... If i could get $80 for 5 minutes of work, I'd retire 30 years early...

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well we got it a week ago, but it was for Christmas which was only two days ago. Unfortunately, the box got thrown out, but we have the receipt.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well we got it a week ago, but it was for Christmas which was only two days ago. Unfortunately, the box got thrown out, but we have the receipt.
    Never EVER throw out boxes for big ticket electronics.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Never EVER throw out boxes for big ticket electronics.

Good advice. Fortunately for me, Fred Meyer just now told me they can take back defective exchanges without packaging, so I think I lucked out this time.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    You do realize that "I broke this over my knee" is not generally understood to be within the realm of the definition of the term "defective", right?

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH