As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360. One Red Light E74

Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open thatTrap Door!Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Playing through Mass Effect, which I only just got, making this even more annoying, I enter a building and suddenly the screen is covered with vertical green lines.

Reboot: E74 error.

Google->follow instructions on Xbox site-> joy it starts working again, boot up the game, 30 seconds bam green lines.

Reboot: E74

Repeat instructions -> switch to regular old SD cable from VGA in a vain attempt to get it to work-> fail.

Swear->Swear->Swear. I've contacted Xbox support, but I really don't want to have to send this in, I'm still in the Warranty (I think) so I should be fine on that front.

Anyone suffered from this and had a miraculous recovery never to be troubled by it again? I really want to throw some more aliens about. I've read what's supposed to be the problem, but nothing has been updated recently, which makes me quite curious as to why the hell it just broke.
Also, how long is this gonna take if I do send it in? Am I going to have to wait 3 months before I get to put shoot all 4 of a Krogan's testicles off?
Any help is appreciated.

Support Page for E74

Ginger Mijango on

• Options
    ViolyntViolynt regular
    edited December 2007
    Red light. Evil. Wait time: 1 month.

Violynt on
    f4ded.png
    violynt.png
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    most people have new Xboxes within a week or so when they have to send them in.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Does the site use the British or American date display?
    American being mm/dd/yy
    British being dd/mm/yy

Apparently my warranty ends on 3/1/2008 which is slightly worrying if it's the British display, not so bad if it's American. I think I bought it in March, which would ofc correspond with the date there, but the receipt is in a cupboard filled with crap, no doubt at the bottom of the cupboard aswell.

If the coffin arrives after my warranty runs out will they still repair it without fee?

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    They use the moment you call them as the warranty date. So if you called them December 20th, then they use that as the date sent in... Not when you receive the box. At least, that's what Nintendo does.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    They use the moment you call them as the warranty date. So if you called them December 20th, then they use that as the date sent in... Not when you receive the box. At least, that's what Nintendo does.
    Microsoft does the same thing.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've been emailed a delivery label thing, are they sending a box to go with it?

They've confused me terribly with mentions of labels and boxes and sendings, they said they were sending a box with stuff, but instead they emailed me this label.

Just to save me waiting for a stupid box, I can get this thing away now in my own sodding box.

Ginger Mijango on