As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li movie. Seriously.

13»

• Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The best line from Street Fighter isn't that; it's the conversation between Bison and Chun-Li.
    The moment you encountered Bison was the most important day of your life.

For me, it was Tuesday.

That sounds like a Woody Allen joke.

Actually it was:

Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I always get it wrong.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does anyone else remember the TV spots to promote the film's video release in the UK? They were multiple-choice questions openly mocking the film. They were utterly brilliant.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The best line from Street Fighter isn't that; it's the conversation between Bison and Chun-Li.
    The moment you encountered Bison was the most important day of your life.

For me, it was Tuesday.

That sounds like a Woody Allen joke.

Actually it was:

Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Seems like a direct ripoff of a much better movie:
    Conan: You killed my mother! You killed my father, you killed my people! You took my father's sword...
    Thulsa Doom: Ah. It must have been when I was younger.

Dracomicron on