As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hacking a 360

pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
No I don't mean chipping or modding.

One of my friends just got a 360 for xmas from his wife and refuses to hook it up to his router for inet access. He is afraid it will get hacked or otherwise compromised and as much as I tell him it just doesn't happen, he just won't do it. I know it sounds crazy. Does anyone know of someones xbox getting hacked anywhere? I've tried google but all I get are modding sites and info. I know a fair bit about computers and have never heard of a 360 becoming a spam bot or anything. How can I convince him he's missing out on half of the fun?

steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
pacbowl on

• GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If it were actually possible, there wouldn't be a requirement for mod chips and stuff to run unsigned code

I mean, theoretically anything's possible, but tell him it's the equivalent of buying an Ipod and not putting mp3's on it because one of those might have a virus on it

Gdiguy on