As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LewiePs Mummy painting for Penny Arcade forum. NSF56k

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is the best thread ever.

I also really enjoy your paintings Mrs.P

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I know it's all in jest tube, I partly reported you just because I knew you would see it.

*gasp*

Abuse of the report feature!

DarkPrimus on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    So, Tube, will you be at PAX? If so, how will I recognise you?

You're going to PAX? I'll be able to thank you in person then!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Could I possibly ask to be placed at the foot of the waiting list, as it stands at the moment? I don't mind the long wait.

I'm leaning towards Skies of Arcadia or Shenmue at the moment; something nice and Dreamcasty.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    OK guys, its now Thursday morning here, so a quick update:

Bionic Monkey, the pictures have arrives, they're beautiful, thank you. Yes, we'll be at PAX - crazy I know, but it looks like fun, and I get to see Seattle - we arrive on the Tuesday before PAX, leave the Monday after.

Rehab, OK, you're on the list, July 09, gives you plenty of time to decide what you want. And I meant LewieP was the geek for his radiohead symbol comment, not you! I LOVE Radiohead - Everything in its right place is one of my all time favourite songs (Mild OCD, it sooo makes sense), and I love In Rainbows. In fact Lewie and I were supposed to go to see them play in Manchester in June, but we'll be at the Glastonbury festival, and they're not playing there. Grrr.

Aethelred, you're August 09, you'll need to email me a link to what you want me to paint, nearer the time.

bwanie, I did struggle with the SOTC, it was hard. I'm doing another one next, for Toxt 02, and am a bit worried about it, so any suggestions/advice you can give me would really help. Centipeed does an awesome job of outlining the figures for me - cos I don't know the game characters, I can't always tell what they look like if the picture I'm using is dark.

Tube, you're a sweetie! Looking forward to the roses, I'll pm you my hotel!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So, Tube, will you be at PAX? If so, how will I recognise you?

You're going to PAX? I'll be able to thank you in person then!

:winky: ?

Aldo on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Don't be too hard on yourself LPM, those Colossi are the results of the combined talents of some the best artists in the games-industry.

Lots of rendering and software tricks are required to give them that unique look. Pretty hard to emulate that by only one woman and some acrylic paint.

I think if they gave you a darker example with the colossus more in the background you'd have a much easier time.

i'll try to find somehting that I think is more up your sleeve.

edit: k, noting yet, these fuckers are so detailed that even pictures of them in thick fog would be a bitch to get right. just add them to your "things i will not paint list"

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited April 2008
    I quite like the idea of painting thick fog - it would be either very easy - lots of grey/white paint, with sodium glows around invisible lamp-posts, or very hard if it was the swirly, varying fog with things looming out of it.
    Anyway, I've finished my boring Erikson/Maslow/Bandura essay, I'm off to do some lovely painting!

LewieP's Mummy on

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm pretty sure Tube isn't going to be at PAX, but if this does get him to come to Seattle that would be fantastic. It's great that you're going to be here for a week! Although Seattle can certainly be quite drizzly much of the year, it's typically very sunny and warm in august and I think you'll have a good time here.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I've finally worked out what I'd like, but it's not very high resolution...

Hm. Must be a better copy somewhere.

Hylianbunny on
    edited April 2008
    Well, tell us what you've chosen, and I'm sure somebody should be able to dig up a high res version.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scrap that. Found a good, high res pic similar to what I was looking for, so that's taken care of. Now it's just a matter of feasibility, so I think I'll sit on it a bit and make sure I don't change my mind. :lol:

Hylianbunny on
    edited April 2008
    LewieP's Mummy on

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tube isn't going to be at PAX, but if this does get him to come to Seattle that would be fantastic. It's great that you're going to be here for a week! Although Seattle can certainly be quite drizzly much of the year, it's typically very sunny and warm in august and I think you'll have a good time here.

rain is nothing new to people from the UK

I still don't know what to choose for my august slot.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited April 2008
    *snip*

:!::shock::D

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »

rain is nothing new to people from the UK

I still don't know what to choose for my august slot.
    yes, but I'd imagine that even the English like sunny, warm weather

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited April 2008
    It is a universal fact that the English turn red the moment the sun shines upon their pale white skin.

Aldo on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    It is a universal fact that the English turn red the moment the sun shines upon their pale white skin.
    Our natural skin colour is actually blue. It takes a long summer for us to get pasty white.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited April 2008
    well there's plenty of bars you can seek refuge in and get a pint of pale ale

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MAN!!!! I'm learning sumi-e at the moment and I LOVE that okami picture and was gonna paint it for myself.....sigh....back to okamiart.com then....

but LPM.....nice work...you totally got me doing some small (like A5) size 'geek' art (inspiring!!!), I'm thinking of going bigger, and the okami piece your working on for monkey was gonna be the pic....oh well.

your work rocks!

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
    edited April 2008
    so, an interesting thing happened yesterday at the hotel i was at. i went in the sauna before the party, and when i came out to go in the steam room, i slipped and fell. i currently have my right hand in a plaster cast and sling, and my left arm in a sling cos i've damaged my shoulder. i'm on tramadol for the pain, so don't really care cos i'm a bit spaced. i'm going to try painting tomorrow, but am not sure how i'll hold the brush... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

LewieP's Mummy on

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i'm on tramadol for the pain, so don't really care cos i'm a bit spaced.

!

LewieP on
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

!

Well played

Mr Bubbles on
    edited April 2008

!

LewieP's Mummy on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    Well played.

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    so, an interesting thing happened yesterday at the hotel i was at. i went in the sauna before the party, and when i came out to go in the steam room, i slipped and fell. i currently have my right hand in a plaster cast and sling, and my left arm in a sling cos i've damaged my shoulder. i'm on tramadol for the pain, so don't really care cos i'm a bit spaced. i'm going to try painting tomorrow, but am not sure how i'll hold the brush... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

The painting can wait. Obviously it's not a high impact activity, but you should concern yourself with healing right now.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited April 2008
    When I was a child my parents never let me say "I can't do it" they always told me "You can, you just haven't worked it out yet". The phrase "There's no such thing as can't" was part of my growing up.

Most of the time, that's fine, but as an adult sometimes there's things I really can't do, and then it's difficult.

However, I can paint. Slowly. So here's a bit more of Bionic Monkey's picture:

bionicmonkeyalmostfinisux6.jpg

Hopefully I'll finish it next week, and persuade someone to wrap and post it for me.

LewieP's Mummy on

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Holy crap.:shock:

Thetheroo on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Holy crap.:shock:

That's some damn fine looking work.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    *enters the thread*

:shock:

I am in awe. Simply amazing work, LewiePs Mummy.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited April 2008
    :shock:

Oh.... wow....

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited April 2008
    By the way Shirley, my wife would like you to sign the paintings you're doing for us, assuming you don't have a problem doing so.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited April 2008
    God, I keep coming back here just to look at the painting and admire it. When it's hanging in my living room, I'm never going to get anything done.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can foresee a time, 50 years from now, when I catch something in the newspaper about a video game painting by Shirley Procter selling for six million at auction or something. And the article will be all like: "Only 16 paintings were ever completed before her hand seized up from loving too much. The pieces are thought to be priceless."

Centipeed on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Centipeed wrote: »
    I can foresee a time, 50 years from now, when I catch something in the newspaper about a video game painting by Shirley Procter selling for six million at auction or something. And the article will be all like: "Only 16 paintings were ever completed before her hand seized up from loving too much. The pieces are thought to be priceless."

The last painting should be a red exclamation mark.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    'Her last painting, possibly her most intriguing, is theorized by many to be an early version of a Metal Gear Solid guard...'

Iriah on
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That Okami painting is glorious. I think it's my favourite out of all the ones so far, and it's not even finished yet!

area on
    edited April 2008
    Thank you everyone, I've really enjoyed painting it.

Well, its finished, lewie is out, so i'm having to work out how to use imageshack on my own, i hope i get it right!

the whole picture:

[URL="[URL=http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bionicmonkeyfinishedcy9.jpg][IMG]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/5523/bionicmonkeyfinishedcy9.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]bionicmonkeyfinishedcy9.th.jpg

the side with the tree:

[URL="[URL=http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bionicmonkeyfinishedtrefq2.jpg][IMG]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7015/bionicmonkeyfinishedtrefq2.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]bionicmonkeyfinishedtrefq2.th.jpg

the cliffs on the other side:

[URL="[URL=http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bionicmonkeyfinishedrigmv7.jpg][IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8282/bionicmonkeyfinishedrigmv7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]bionicmonkeyfinishedrigmv7.th.jpg

where i've signed it - for some crazy reason, bionic monkey's wife wanted it signing! i've tried to make it not very noticable.

[URL="[URL=http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bionicmonkeyfinishedsigxf3.jpg][IMG]http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7248/bionicmonkeyfinishedsigxf3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]bionicmonkeyfinishedsigxf3.th.jpg

pm me your address, bionic monkey, and i'll make lewie post it to you this week. on the hand front, my gp tells me i've broken my right radius!

the list i have shows that Toxt 02 is up next - a Shadow of the Colossus, can you please send me the image you'd like me to paint, in high res please!

LewieP's Mummy on

• CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's terrible!

(This post brought to you by Opposite Land! Come on down and try our Shit-In-Food-Out burger!)

Edit: Mrs. P, I think you should know that I wanted to come and visit Lewie, but he never got back to me after our initial chit-chat. You should invite me up to your house when Lewie is around and I can turn up and surprise him and get to meet you in the process! I should so dearly love to meet you Mrs. P!

Centipeed on
    edited April 2008
    That looks awesome.

Aldo on