As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team ICO - The Last Guardian - Out!

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oakey wrote: »
    I hope it is just a rumour, it sounds shit. What would be at the edge of this wide open, empty desert? An invisible wall? Would it be surrounded by the sea? Would it be a huge cliff all the way around? And it'd be dull as fuck traversing the desert area.

Whilst the canyon parts of the game sound better I think not having anything 'up top' would be rather boring.

What.

Seriously, that sounds rad. I'd quite happily buy a game that was a slightly more purposeful version of dicking around in SotC. I spent a fair while exploring the landscape there, even though I knew it was pointless.

If it was Death Valley meets the Grand Canyon meets the Arizona desert then it could be cool. A wide open, flat empty desert with giant cracks in the floor would be depressing I think (the canyon parts I would enjoy, but travelling that dull landscape to each one would be shitty I think). Part of the majesty of SotC was exploring the landscape.

Oakey on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am pretty sure Team ICO can turn any premise for a game into a unique and beautiful experience. I wouldn't worry about it being boring.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Rumours generally come from somewhere, there's a basis of fact behind most of them. Perhaps it was an idea they threw around briefly and it got leaked, perhaps it was an old idea thrown out around Shadow of the Colossus time. It doesn't sound like it's completely fabricated.

:| Just because they've come from somewhere doesn't mean that somewhere is truthful, they could be from an insider or just a 15 year old kid looking to stir some shit. That's why they're called rumours, because we have no clue if they're truthful or absolute bullshit.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oakey wrote: »
    I hope it is just a rumour, it sounds shit. What would be at the edge of this wide open, empty desert? An invisible wall? Would it be surrounded by the sea? Would it be a huge cliff all the way around? And it'd be dull as fuck traversing the desert area.

Whilst the canyon parts of the game sound better I think not having anything 'up top' would be rather boring.

From what I understood, the desert has nothing to do with gameplay, and the canyons are what it's all about.

Zsetrek on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There's no reason they can't make the desert infinite in every direction. It's a computer game, not a physical model.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ::edit::

There was a really crappy "leaked" picture here, which turned out to be fake but the pic didn't show up right anyway.

And the whole post was a waste of time.

But at least it made this thread popular again!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited March 2008

LewieP on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So the rumored leak screenshot is a banner for PS3NEWS? :P

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The "leaked" screenshot is an obvious fake. There are tire tracks in the foreground, for fuck's sake.

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've seen that shot before.

It's completely fake, you can tell it's a photo with a blurred spider shoved on top.

Igort on
  • Options
    sonicmagesonicmage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hmmm, i may sound pessimistic here, but i dont think that screenie means much, since it was on the jap recruit page, so its prolly just art

sonicmage on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hope I didn't get anyone excited by reviving this thread, BUT...is there ANY news out there on Team ICO's next game o' awesome?

I'll take anything at all.

Scotty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dammit, I got all excited.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm more sorry than you can possibly imagine.

Scotty on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    damnyou.gif

NO

THERE'S NO NEWS

EVERYONE CAN GO ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    IS THERE NEWS IN HERE

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Screaming JazzScreaming Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So i heard the game is going to be a FPS set in the civil war where demon arise and you play Lincoln fighting the undead while searching for his wife, the supermodel mary todd.

Screaming Jazz on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I heard a rumor that the game is going to be awesome and that I should buy a PS3 now entirely for the purpose of playing it if it ever actually comes out. y/n?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    jothki wrote: »
    So I heard a rumor that the game is going to be awesome and that I should buy a PS3 now entirely for the purpose of playing it when it comes out. y/n?

The answer is YES.

Also, there must be some news out there somewhere...I must find it.

Scotty on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I heard a rumor that the game is going to be awesome and that I should buy a PS3 now entirely for the purpose of playing it if it ever actually comes out. y/n?
    Well, if it's the reason you want a PS3 why not wait until the game's out?

Darlan on
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I heard the game has something to do with flying kites

Obs on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I THOUGHT I SMELLED NEWS ARE YOU SURE THERE ISN'T NEWS IN HERE

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    Well, if it's the reason you want a PS3 why not wait until the game's out?

Uncharted.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like the cut of your jib.

Also, I too was prematurely excited.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I was excited :( !

rayofash on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Holy crap. I am in the middle of SotC so playing the game now and then comparing it to that screenshot is pretty sweet.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    /bursts in.

What? What's going on? There's something going on! This thread is over a year old!

/scans back to the last few pages.

...nothing? No, it's nothing. Nothing... at... all...

/logs in to give voice to my rage.

Goddamnit.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Why is that photo currently unavailable???

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Because it's fake anyway.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh yeah I just looked back some pages

Kill this thread

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Because it's fake anyway.

He's talking about the picture that was in the OP, the one that Sony released to entice people to get a job at Sony.

But yeah, this thread should be killed. When they announce something, a thread will be posted. We're also not going to get news completely out of the blue (aka, in december/january). They'll announce it at an event, like GDC, E3 or TGS.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Who awoke the thread?!

Damn it, I got all excited.

Not news about the new game but there's been an update on the popular teamicogamers blog.

http://teamicogamers.blogspot.com/

Worth a quick look. Some sites were proclaiming that the new game will be revealed Feb 2009, apparently they all just got mixed up and it's about the above.

Also on PSU.com I found this picture which apparently relates to the game. To be honest it looks faker than fake and it doesn't show anything interesting except a few doodles, but being we're news starved in here I thought I'd post it anyway:
    site_team-ico-ps3-project-ss-1.jpg

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Scotty, you cut me deep.

Random doodles are ok, I guess. At least after so much silence, we can bet they won't announce it until they're almost done.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Grinch, you have the power to change this misleading thread title.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    chevluhchevluh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Also on PSU.com I found this picture which apparently relates to the game. To be honest it looks faker than fake and it doesn't show anything interesting except a few doodles, but being we're news starved in here I thought I'd post it anyway
    it's not fake but it's old as hell, was used as a background for the recruitment ad back around when they started seeking people to develop the third game, before they had a fancy render to use. The technical simplicity of the stuff doodled suggests it's old stuff from SotC.

chevluh on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Zombie thread is a let down.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Believe me guys, if I could have changed the thread title, I would have.:( Sorry dudes.

After reading the below interview, I gotta say, it's gotten pretty damn critical for me!
    Hurry the hell up Ueda!

August 5th, 2008 @ 15:53

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus team lead Fumito Ueda has confirmed that his upcoming PS3 title has not yet reached the “critical” stage of production.

“I’m not feeling any pressure at the moment because time is not critical yet,” he said, talking in the latest edition of UK mag gamesTM.

“Production has not reached the critical stage. The company is very reasonable thanks to my achievements in the past. So, although I do get pressurised, that’s not happened yet [on the current project], and that’s something I feel gratitude for, that the company gives us the opportunity to focus by giving us time.”

Ueda’s game is obviously highly anticipated, but the Sony superstar refused to be drawn on the identity of the project.

“I’m working on a PlayStation 3 title,” he added. “That’s as far as I can go.”

Scotty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    Believe me guys, if I could have changed the thread title, I would have.:( Sorry dudes.

After reading the below interview, I gotta say, it's gotten pretty damn critical for me!
    Hurry the hell up Ueda!

Quiet you. Ueda can take as long as he wants.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm at least going to sign up on that linked site so I can get me those hi res SOTC viral campaign pictures. Then I'm going to play SOTC, and dream of that wonderful day when we can own this new brain baby of Ueda's.

No, you quiet, we all pine for this in our own way. Stop trying to stifle my pining!

Believe me, my intention was NOT to get hopes up, I was genuine in my wondering.

Scotty on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I experienced ten seconds of such pure joy. I didn't check first that the OP was ten years old and I thought that an announcement big enough to warrant 5 pages had been made. Shame. I really hope this comes out this year.

Muddy Water on