As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baby did a [chat] [chat] thing

1333435363739»

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like to work my setting from as many angles as possible.

One of the big things is that a created race which was literally designed to be a bunch of ultra-diplomats and non-total-jackass politicians is working its way into power in human civilizations... they tend to be better at "waging peace" than humans are... but they're also basically in existence to keep humanity controllable and in check... it's a gentle mastery, for the most part, but it IS a mastery, and it's always slowly getting stronger...

Then you have all the problems caused by the various groups seeking eternal life... kingdoms have had their treasuries emptied by rulers going after the latest snake oil elixir of life, spurring conquests and so forth. It's made all the worse by the existence of at least one proven, but impermanent source in the form of a powerful serpent being who charges immensely for it... selfish royalty get a few extra decades to overtax the hell out of their peasantry while they look for a cure for time. Beyond that, there are legends of a group of epic power who, if not given eternal life by a set date, will awaken to destroy all other life, taking it down with them before old age finishes them off... so there's also a valid reason to keep looking...

Messy messy messy world.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    you tempt me, Elki

you tempt me

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oooh I wants.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh boy, and then we get treated to yet another comic.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    20010319h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Did kusu end up pulling a kusu?

He got temp-banned for bullying someone and not letting up, and upon his return imagespammed [chat]. It a rare fit of mercy, Tube banned him from posting in D&D but allowed him to keep posting in SE++.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    damn, they really phoned that one in...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.