As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resistance Fall of Man 2: More people should be talking about it (BETA)

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    slacktron wrote: »
    Epic's approach to balancing controller vs. mouse players was to change the server type: mouse-only, controller-only, and mixed.

This was in fact my proposal when I was talking to the Resistance devs about the FragFX before it came out. I really can't think of a reason not to do this for, at the very least, custom games.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Look at this sexy hi-res video.

All my dicks etc

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am pretty stoked for this game.

1) I am not a big FPS player, but I loved R1.
    2) 8 player online co-op=me hard
    3) Multiplayer looks and sounds REALLY cool.
    4) Insomniac is cool.

I have also been digging their podcasts. Not only R2 info, but info about the gaming industry. They did a cool bit with some America's who work over at Capcom Japan.

I am pretty stoked. This may be the first game that I join a Game On for PA.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    desertdroogdesertdroog USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looks like an ARG?:

www.getawarjob.com

I signed up as Aviation.

866-931-9417 on the business card on the desk...

desertdroog on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Found a cool marketing video. http://projectabraham.com/

The morse at the end spells blackout.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Maaaan using Katee Sackoff totally isn't fair.

august on
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only person who didn't really like Resistance? I played it with my friend on co-op for several hours, and I just had no fun at all. FPS's need a way to differentiate in ways to shoot your foes, besides the projectile.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Faffel wrote: »
    Am I the only person who didn't really like Resistance? I played it with my friend on co-op for several hours, and I just had no fun at all. FPS's need a way to differentiate in ways to shoot your foes, besides the projectile.

I there there are three of you in the world, yes.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    Faffel wrote: »

I there there are three of you in the world, yes.

I didn't like Resistance the first time i played it. but then i played it again and i loved it.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I absolutely loved Resistance. I can't play FPS by myself really, but me and a friend plowed through it in four sittings, and we both loved every second. I'm a bit worried about Resistance 2, though. I mean, I love what they're doing, and it seems they're putting a lot into it, but as I said, I can't play FPS by myself, and it seems like I won't be able to play the main storyline with my friend. :(

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I absolutely loved Resistance. I can't play FPS by myself really, but me and a friend plowed through it in four sittings, and we both loved every second. I'm a bit worried about Resistance 2, though. I mean, I love what they're doing, and it seems they're putting a lot into it, but as I said, I can't play FPS by myself, and it seems like I won't be able to play the main storyline with my friend. :(

Pfft, you'll be able to play the other campaign with SEVEN OF YOUR FRIENDS... and then go online with FIFTY NINE OF YOUR FRIENDS.

I... I really fail to see the downside. :P

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Pfft, you'll be able to play the other campaign with SEVEN OF YOUR FRIENDS... and then go online with FIFTY NINE OF YOUR FRIENDS.

As I said, I love all that, but I'd still like an option to co-op the main storyline, as there's just no way I'll ever play through it myself. Don't get me wrong, I'll purchase it, I'm just kind of down that I all I can really play is this other side storyline.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

As I said, I love all that, but I'd still like an option to co-op the main storyline, as there's just no way I'll ever play through it myself. Don't get me wrong, I'll purchase it, I'm just kind of down that I all I can really play is this other side storyline.

I suppose you could always Youtube the single player campaign.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This is the thread that came up when I did a search, so I will post here unless someone points me elsewhere.

Got in on the Beta and spent the weekend on co-op. All I can say is AWESOME. I was going to get thisgame for the single player alone (usually not much into competative multi-player). But this co-op...wow. Lemme try and give a rundown.

- Play one of three classes: Solider (Tank), Medic (Healer), Spec-Ops (DPS/Utility).
    - Level up both abilities, equipment, armor.
    - Missions play out like instanced MMORPG's. Boss fights can take several minutes.
    - Playing your role and as a team is very important.
    - Tons of enemies on at the same time
    - Even with just one map for the beta, they seem to have 5-6 different scenarios with that map.

Classes:

Soldier. Have the most HP, can put up a shield that protects themself and people behind them, gains powers that protect themselves from even more damage, main weapon is a minigun.

Medic. Main weapon steals HP from enemies and charges your bio gun, can shot bio energy to heal allies, gains power to put out an AoE regen effect, main weapon doesn't use ammo.

Spec-Op. Throw out ammo which is for weapons and for Soldier's shield, main weapon is a burst rifle with a weird energy ball that will hit foes around corners, can throw out ammo that doubles damage and eventually turn invisible.

The only issue I have thus far is other players. Too many times I have jumped on and not found ANYONE playing their role. Spec-Ops not throwing ammo, medics not healing, tanks not blocking for the others. Basically everyone running around as individuals. Sadly, if everyone does this you will lose the mission. If everyone dies before someone revies the mission ends.

Graphically this game is amazing! Lush environments, many enemies and players on screen at a time, smooth frames. The voice chat works well. I had almost no lag that I could tell. Enemies would try to flank and try to get into melee range to neutralize Soldier shields. Different objectives required different tactics, such as drawing fire from Hellfire guns so that someone can sneak behind to deactive them.

This game looks like it will be 3 amazing games in one. And this is coming from someone who tends to not be an FPS player. If you have questions about co-op I will try and answer.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man that does sound awsome... Starting to wish I hadn't missed out on getting into the beta. Also makes me want to start recruting people I know that arn't total tards now too.

Thought there were suppose to be more classes to chose from in the co-op also.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Monkeydrye wrote: »
    Got in on the Beta

:x

Now I know how everyone else felt when they missed out on LBP.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Malechai wrote: »
    Man that does sound awsome... Starting to wish I hadn't missed out on getting into the beta. Also makes me want to start recruting people I know that arn't total tards now too.

Not that I have seen or heard of. But since you unlock alternate weapons you class can be a bit broader. For example: Heals covered but you're a medic, switch to the machine gun when you unlock it.

Got in on the Beta

How would it make you feel if I told you I got an un-fixed copy of LBP over the weekend? ;)

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Not that I have seen or heard of. But since you unlock alternate weapons you class can be a bit broader. For example: Heals covered but you're a medic, switch to the machine gun when you unlock it.

I thought I heard there were more classes, just that they weren't in the beta.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Got in on the Beta

How would it make you feel if I told you I got an un-fixed copy of LBP over the weekend? ;)

I did get in the beta for that, so I'm just fine, thanks. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I thought I heard there were more classes, just that they weren't in the beta.

If that is true, that is even cooler. These three alone are great. honestly, I can't imagine what the classes would be as far as making them fit into the team structure. If the new classes don't fit, it will only make MORE people want to play lone wolfs in a team oriented scenario.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I stayed up late last night and finished off Resistance 1 to prepare for this game. (Quite good for a launch title) Now I just wish I had a beta key. Also its pretty weird to see how little attention R2 is getting. It will be out in less than a month and yet there is no discussion on it.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got a chance to check out the beta yesterday and...man, I love the medic. I swear I was just sitting there blasting Chimera taking hits and just blasting those fools away. The health spread was cool too...gotta give the other classes a try.

toolbert on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    greeble wrote: »
    I stayed up late last night and finished off Resistance 1 to prepare for this game. (Quite good for a launch title) Now I just wish I had a beta key. Also its pretty weird to see how little attention R2 is getting. It will be out in less than a month and yet there is no discussion on it.

It actually kinda bugs me. This looks like a possible GOTY title, and no-one here is talking about it. It is already (in beta) some of the best Multiplayer out there (gameplay and graphics). if the R1 storymode is any indication this will be solid at the very least. But I suspect it will be even better.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    toolbert wrote: »
    I got a chance to check out the beta yesterday and...man, I love the medic. I swear I was just sitting there blasting Chimera taking hits and just blasting those fools away. The health spread was cool too...gotta give the other classes a try.

Medic is my class of choice, followed my Spec-Ops. Mind you, if I have a spec-ops keeping my shield up, the soldier is awesome as well.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Crap why didn't I notice this earlier. We just gave out a ton of free keys on FilePlanet earlier today for European gamers. We still have Founders Club keys for those of you Europeans still interested...

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/resistance2/

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm in this beta and have been enjoying coop immensely.

Teamwork is key in accomplishing any objective and without a balance of class outfits, you won't be progressing very far.

desertdroog on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I still haven't got my Quore beta key. More and more I'm feeling like i got scammed.

I guess I should have read the fine print, I know it's supposed to be sometime this week but geez it feels like the entire world got a beta key except for me =(

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I feel you man. I subscribed to the yearly Qore subscription starting with issue 2 and the only way I got into this beta was via my pre-order at Gamestop on the card they hand out.

I haven't seen any confirmation email from Qore, nor do they have the download available in the dl section.

desertdroog on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm so excited for this, oh lordy.

For those in the beta, how's the "loot" aspect playing out?

zilo on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll probably be all about this. I ordered the CE through Amazon with super saver shipping just to make sure I don't get fucked out of my Chimera doll by a brick and mortar Gamestop and I'll probably end up getting it on the 10th, which is just as well since I'll probably be playing the junk out of LBP for a bit. I want to at least create one level before I start this.

The funny thing about Resistance 1 is that the first few levels are the worst levels by far. Uninspired and bland. It really picks up after the first 1/7th of the game or so, and the last half of the game is absolute crazytown. Just the way it should be. With all the bullshit you see in some recent FPS games where it just cuts off in the middle, I was half expecting the game to just fade to black at 3 or 4 points during the campaign but it kept going and going.

Edited for bag of words.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Bamelin wrote: »
    I still haven't got my Quore beta key. More and more I'm feeling like i got scammed.

I guess I should have read the fine print, I know it's supposed to be sometime this week but geez it feels like the entire world got a beta key except for me =(

Actually Qore is how I got my beta key....hmmm.

Played a bunch last night. Hammered home how important teamwork is for co-op. And headsets are a near must.

I was in a group where I was the only Soldier. I actually stood in the line of fire of a spec op trying to get ammo (for shield AND gun...i was out of both) and couldn't get any. I HATE people playing co-op that don't want to play as a team. If you want to lone wolf it, go play competative.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    I'm so excited for this, oh lordy.

For those in the beta, how's the "loot" aspect playing out?

So far the only loot I have seen is 'grey tech'. You need a certain ammount to buy armor upgrades for the classes. Seems that when someone pics some up, everyone gets it so there isn't any ninja looting or anything. Works well. I had enough to get some armor before I had any classes at high enough of a level to wear the upgrades. And the upgrades seem to make a good bit of difference.

I really do get an RPG vide from playing...that desire to level up. At the same time, I am enjoying my actual time in game. The fights are great. I would buy this game if it were JUST the co-op. That's how much I enjoy it.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just got a public key, do we have a list of PSN names?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just also got a beta email.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I'm going to go pre order this game. I wish the headset for the PS3 was cheaper, cause I would pick it up too.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also got one, busy this weekend with wedding stuff, but I do want to give this a go later.
    Co Op included? If yes, PA meetup co op meetup needs to be in order.

Smashism on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I got in also. My PSN's RDreamer. I had enough time to play 2 co op games. It seems like it'll be pretty fun to play. My only problem with it so far is that the guns seem to lack any sort of punch. It feels like you're shooting bee-bees at 'em. But, I like the RPG-ish elements.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Neat, just got a beta email too.

JAEF on
  • Options
    DremDrem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    resistance 2 mroe liek resistance doo doo

My PSN is PooglyWoogly. Let's get some co-op games going, yeah?

I wish Insomniac would release more media/info on the game. It would really help build excitement.

Drem on
    hacksigsig.gif
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Heh I also got the beta key. I guess they are really opening it up now to stress test the server. I hope to see some of you guys on this weekend.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
This discussion has been closed.