As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MGS: Portable Ops Visual Issues (Please LOCK)

Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
Just picked up a PSP - don't look at me like that, I've owned a DS for 2 years - and Portable Ops. I'm enjoying it, but there are occasional white dots/lines appearing on-screen. This doesn't seem to happen to other games. Is this to be expected? Is it just a matter of texture tearing common to all copies, or is something faulty on my end?

A bit of a stupid question, and it's not a gamebreaker, but new tech always makes me paranoid.

Red or Alive on

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Doesn't the Metal Gear series have Chaff grenades that have a similar effect to that? I've not played any of the games really (they aren't for me) but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

LewieP on
  • Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Doesn't the Metal Gear series have Chaff grenades that have a similar effect to that? I've not played any of the games really (they aren't for me) but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

No, it's not me using grenades. It's usually a short white line, or a few dots on a wall or some such.

Red or Alive on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ok. I'm sure someone else will know better, that was just he first thing I thought of.

LewieP on
  • Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you describe something early on in good detail I'll boot up my copy and see if I notice.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
    edited January 2008
    If you describe something early on in good detail I'll boot up my copy and see if I notice.

Sure. After crawling under the 'electric gate' a minute or two after the start and reaching the first open/outside area after that, one of the walls shows noticeable tearing (a few dots almost forming a line) depending on where the camera is positioned.

Red or Alive on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure I noticed them as well. It's annoying but you get used to it after a while.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Sure. After crawling under the 'electric gate' a minute or two after the start and reaching the first open/outside area after that, one of the walls shows noticeable tearing (a few dots almost forming a line) depending on where the camera is positioned.

Yeah I see the same thing all over. It must be the game engine. GTA on ps2 does that shit all over.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
    edited January 2008
    Well, phew. Thanks for all your help, guys, it would have bugged me more otherwise.

Red or Alive on