As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo DS Bricking?

mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
I love my DS.

Its big and blue, and despite poorly lit screens compared to its newer siblings, I love it.

Seriously. If it had a little hole for...

Well, never mind that right now.

A couple of days ago, it started acting up when I tried to connect to my Wii - then, as I tried to trade pokeymans with my sister (who was sitting LITERALLY next to me) the connection was acting up.

Is this a sign that my DS may be starting to peter out? I take care of my system, obviously, but I bought it used to begin with - there was a small crack in the touch screen and the microphone hasn't worked worth a crap since day one... is it possible that time (also, crappy prior owner) may be leading towards my DS dying?

mrsnackroad on

• Options
    prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like it could be on it's way out, I hear nintendo are very helpful with this kind of thing though.

Maybe give them a call and see what they can offer you, if anything.

My old-stylee DS gets a rough time, my girlfriend uses it in the bath. Leaves it in the bathroom when she's showering so it gets pretty damp with condensation and then it gets dropped or chewed by my 6 month old son. I'm surprised but it's still going strong, not one fault.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • Options
    TrukkleTrukkle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Having an out of warrenty fat DS myself, and not currently being able to afford it if it broke, I've been paranoid about it failing. Hardware can't be helped apart from taking care of it, but in case the software ever wiggs out I've loaded the v8 flashme firmware onto it using a friend's R4.
    If it ever bricks I can just borrow the R4 again, hold down a button as it tries to start and re-load the firmware.

I'm daft, the reason I even mentioned this is because I've heard a few people say that their wifi was crapping out, and flashing it fixed it right up again.

Trukkle on
    trukkle.png :|:...:
    sig.gif