As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

StickyNotes plugin someone here made

thej3wthej3w Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
Not really sure if this is allowed. But a few years back someone here made a plugin for Firefox that allowed you to put sticky notes on any website. And any other users that had this plugin would see the sticky note you had. It had it's own server, which if I remember correctly he linked to as well.

Does anyone remember what I am talking about or anyone remember who made it? Searching wouldn't work because this was on the old forum, the only thing I could find was another forum talking about it but not saying who it was. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100012

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

J4ku.png
thej3w on

• Options
    Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think it was mcc who made it, I've no idea where to find it but would also appreciate having a look at myself.

Duchess Prozac on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It is indeed mcc that made it, but I'm not sure where to find him or the stickynotes stuff.

Veevee on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    mcc is a regular over at Platformers.net... might try to reach him via PM over there. He can't login here anymore because he lost his account access or something.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The plugin failed because with everyone on PA using it, mcc's server exploded (or overran its bandwidth quota or something). Anyway, the extention only works with Firefox versions less than 1.5.

Still, those were a fun couple of weeks.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That was a great little time waster. I remember we were replacing the word balloons on PA comics. It was like leaving little inside jokes all over the internet.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    It was fun while it lasted. I'm gonna contact him to see if he still has the client and server up somewhere. Even if it only works in 1.5, thats fine for what I want to use it for.

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I completely forgot all about that extension.

Fucking great times, somebody needs to revive it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I got a reply from mcc about where I could find it. http://graffiti.grumpybumpers.com/

I have an idea for it, that would be useful for my job. However in it's current form it is incompletely unusable. I am going to try to recode it or just start from scratch and get it working in the new versions of Firefox. If I get it anywhere as complete as mcc's, I'll post a link and what not here.

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man, that thing was awesome. We'd have conversations with it and just the most bizarre shit. It was like stepping through the looking glass, then leaving an ass-print on it.

yalborap on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yalborap wrote: »
    Man, that thing was awesome. We'd have conversations with it and just the most bizarre shit. It was like stepping through the looking glass, then leaving an ass-print on it.

It was like every website turned into the PA forums. It was awesome.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love mcc, PA is a much worse place without him

:(

Lave II on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh this is sweet. I think I remember it, definitely needs to make a comeback.

EDIT: Lave, www.platformers.net/forum

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would post on platformers too but my work connection has decided it's not suitable for me to view it.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    How very cool. I can see that it wouldn't scale well (I don't want to see what everyone ever has to say about a certain webpage), but if you could join groups on the server (kinda like Steam communities?) and see just what they had to say... yeah. That'd be sweet.

I predict that someone has or will create a fully realized version of this. And then they will stuff it so full of adds and make it so unusable that it will flop, and people will assume it's because it was a bad concept rather than bad execution. Well, it's an awesome concept.

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh this is sweet. I think I remember it, definitely needs to make a comeback.

EDIT: Lave, www.platformers.net/forum

I know, I've an account there, but if I start posting, I'll have 3 forums I need to check ever day. I need to fully cut ties with this one first. Which is hard. I do miss the old gang though... :(

Also, whilst I'm off topic, I sent you a 360 friend request Mr Grinch if your interested.

Lave II on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man, those sticky notes were fun. Only saw them in the PA pages though, no where else.

Kyougu on