As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Republican Debates: NOW LIVE!

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yup the Dems started Nam....and then Nixon escalated it to it's bloodiest stage. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ron Paul rambles like Grandpa Simpson

and his voice is up in dog whistle pitch

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know if Ron Paul even knows where he is.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NCLB was a terrible idea made by Republicans

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We should have a big tent that everyone can come inside and feel a part of.

Better make it out of tinfoil, Ron. To make sure all of your supporters will feel comfortable.

moniker on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh shit, it's over?

I missed so much :<

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Okay Chris Matthews vs. Lou Dobbs.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    mtv, you are such a retard.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Who won? Everybody but Romney. I'm Not Concerned About The Voters is an automatic lose. You lose, Romney.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »

Deathmatch?

If they both die, we all win

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Romney or McCain for this one

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Joe Scarborough.

He's a respectable kind of conservative, like Jeffe. Not a douchebag Conservative, like Giulliani.

moniker on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    We should have a big tent that everyone can come inside and feel a part of.

Except, you know, the homos and the blacks and the 14th & 16th Amendments. The states get to decide if they want to let them sit in the back of the tent.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Romney probably did best. McCain held his own. No one really fucked up, but 9iu11iani didn't make the strong case that he needed to in order to open up Florida. I'm guessing that he's done after Feb 5 if he makes it that long.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Huckabee: "The WMDs could have gone to Jordan."

O_o

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh god Shut The Fuck Up Chris Matthews. We get it, Huckabee's an idiot when it comes to Iraq. Move on and let other people talk.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Watching the clip of the Mittster taking on Clinton's health insurance plan, all I heard was: "Oh thank Mormon Jesus that I can go back to using Hillarycare as a fearmongering tactic rather than having to insult that mocha-colored guy."

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Really? Jordan?

If you were going to advance that theory couldn't you have picked Syria, maybe? Really? Jordan?

WTF, dude?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Romney probably did best. McCain held his own. No one really fucked up, but 9iu11iani didn't make the strong case that he needed to in order to open up Florida. I'm guessing that he's done after Feb 5 if he makes it that long.
    Nobody really fucked up? Like I just said. "I'm not concerned about the voters." The other 89 minutes... they're irrelevant after that severe a fuck-up. If a Presidential candidate is EVER caught saying anything in that ballpark, in any reasonable context, ever, you're automatically unelectable. You're not concerned about the voters? Get the hell out of my race and stay the hell away from the Oval Office unless you're taking the tour.

I mean... fuck, you shouldn't be running for ANY public office if you're going to say things like that.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Really? Jordan?

If you were going to advance that theory couldn't you have picked Syria, maybe? Really? Jordan?

WTF, dude?

He really doesn't like the west bank?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Joe Scarborough.

He's a respectable kind of conservative, like Jeffe. Not a douchebag Conservative, like Giulliani.

Joe Scarborough is an enormous douchebag. I'd be hard-pressed to choose between him and Lou Dobbs or Chris Matthews.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Nobody really fucked up? Like I just said. "I'm not concerned about the voters." The other 89 minutes... they're irrelevant after that severe a fuck-up. If a Presidential candidate is EVER caught saying anything in that ballpark, in any reasonable context, ever, you're automatically unelectable. You're not concerned about the voters? Get the hell out of my race and stay the hell away from the Oval Office unless you're taking the tour.

The MSM isn't going to pick it up.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

The MSM isn't going to pick it up.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Giuliani post-debate theme: Fuck New York City, they're all a bunch of dicks for not loving me anymore.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dude, no one else is making a big deal about that statement because everyone else understands what he was saying. Yes, he didn't phrase it well, but everyone else understands that he didn't mean it in the way you're implying. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I mean... fuck, you shouldn't be running for ANY public office if you're going to say things like that.

It was in a context that I don't think anyone who would consider voting GOP will ever care about. Seriously, mtv, you fixate on odd things.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Dude, no one else is making a big deal about that statement because everyone else understands what he was saying. Yes, he didn't phrase it well, but everyone else understands that he didn't mean it in the way you're implying. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

It can be twisted in attack ads, just look at Obama with the Reagan thing in Hillary's attack ads, but that won't go very far.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm going to a 'debate-party'/'drinking-game' to watch the last Republican debate next Wednesday with a bunch of pol-sci students. We picked the Republican debate because it has more potential for entertainment.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Romney hit this one out of the ballpark IMHO.

When you are trying to see who "won" a debate, the deciding factor is not you agreeing with them :|

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »

When you are trying to see who "won" a debate, the deciding factor is not you agreeing with them :|

Probably the fact that everyone who posts on this forum except maybe you thinks that Romney is a class-A douche and the fact that he's vastly in the lead in Elks' post-debate poll suggest together that maybe we have this principle down.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008

It was in a context that I don't think anyone who would consider voting GOP will ever care about. Seriously, mtv, you fixate on odd things.
    I understand the context- he'd rather not his opposition know. But man alive, don't word it in a way that suggest you'd rather not let the VOTERS know, especially when the question posed to you was 'why not let the voters know?'

And it's not like context matters in a campaign. If you're willing to play dirty, like GOP candidates do, and they unearth a quote like that, do you think they'd care what the context was? Some of them would be perfectly happy to abandon context entirely and just loop the six words over and over.

And besides, you need to fucking catch yourself before you let yourself say something mind-bendingly stupid like that.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Probably the fact that everyone who posts on this forum except maybe you thinks that Romney is a class-A douche and the fact that he's vastly in the lead in Elks' post-debate poll suggest together that maybe we have this principle down.

I'd go a bit higher than douchebag, myself.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    God Chris Matthews a douche. Har har slick willie alone in the white house god i love it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Romney came out of this looking like roses, and he might well have actually done enough to push ahead in Florida.

Also, mtv, what the hell?

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I'd go a bit higher than douchebag, myself.

Butt-Pirate

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I understand the context- he'd rather not his opposition know. But man alive, don't word it in a way that suggest you'd rather not let the VOTERS know, especially when the question posed to you was 'why not let the voters know?'

And it's not like context matters in a campaign. If you're willing to play dirty, like GOP candidates do, and they unearth a quote like that, do you think they'd care what the context was? Some of them would be perfectly happy to abandon context entirely and just loop the six words over and over.

And besides, you need to fucking catch yourself before you let yourself say something mind-bendingly stupid like that.

So say he's confronted with it. He says "what I meant is that I don't worry about the voters because I trust them to make a fair and informed judgment" or some bullshit.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I know you guys are all looking at me like I'm nuts. I think I'm going to get proven right in the end.

Gosling on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I agree with mtv on this one. Rove would be dry humping that quote all the way to the inauguration, maybe after just for the added jizz.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Derrick wrote: »
    I agree with mtv on this one. Rove would be dry humping that quote all the way to the inauguration, maybe after just for the added jizz.
    I think it would have about as much impact as Obama's Reagan comment had when Hillary tried to use it against him. That is to say, as soon as the first person actually puts it in context, most people will see right through the attack.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seriously Chris Matthews jesus it was not that funny or clever didn't those lolclinton sex jokes get kind of old for you over the past 15 years or something?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png