As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Republican Debates: NOW LIVE!

• Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    We may have high corporate taxes (I disagree), but we have lots of loopholes.

There are situations where business tax incentives are a really good idea. Just because it's a day that ends with y isn't one of them.

werehippy on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    WE HAVE OUR REAGAN!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As an aside, I seemed to have missed it when it happened, but when did the Wall St Journal become a joke? Didn't it used to be a great and even handed paper?

werehippy on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    Such a stupid plan.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh fuck that question. "Mitt raised taxes. Talk about how shitty he is."

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Jobs my ass, you can't get full time work in this country, you go part time until they fire you right before they are FORCED to hire you fulltime. Why? the health insurance FUCKS THEM.
    You are aware that Romney was in charge of the first and only state in the country to implement a form of universal healthcare, yeah?

I think I've asked this before, but I can't remember getting an answer. How is that coming along, and what are the implication?

werehippy on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    As an aside, I seemed to have missed it when it happened, but when did the Wall St Journal become a joke? Didn't it used to be a great and even handed paper?
    Rupert Murdoch now owns Dow Jones.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The guy that owns Fox bought it.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    Wow, I didn't think someone could up the stupid, but I'm glad Huck was there to prove me wrong.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GOJIRA!GOJIRA! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    BAM!

China owns us all! Bwah-aahahahaha! I am sort of surprised he is the one who brings it up, but ehh.

GOJIRA! on
    "We are cursed," said Iyad Sarraj, a Gaza psychiatrist and a human rights activist. "Our leaders are either Israeli collaborators, asses, or mentally unstable."
    Sounds vaguely familiar...
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Such a stupid plan.

The stimulus plan? It's about as good as anything you can possibly do.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rupert Murdoch now owns Dow Jones.

Isn't that really recent though? I thought it sucked ass before thought.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Huckabee wants to restart the New Deal.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Jobs my ass, you can't get full time work in this country, you go part time until they fire you right before they are FORCED to hire you fulltime. Why? the health insurance FUCKS THEM.
    You are aware that Romney was in charge of the first and only state in the country to implement a form of universal healthcare, yeah?

I think I've asked this before, but I can't remember getting an answer. How is that coming along, and what are the implication?
    Well, my dad, who was in a pretty terrible car accident and can't work because of it now gets free health care.

So, from my perspective, really well.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    unlike the good old days of the rubberstamp GOP congress huh huck? old georgie hadn;t met a single spending bill he didn't like. Then he magically found his veto pen.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    help parents get to their kids soccer games on time!

edit: Hahahahah Taxachusetts.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also, what the fuck is Romney doing PRAISING the Big Dig? It's the poster child for horrible government planning and wastefulness. It's like a decade late and whole numbers of it's original budget over cost.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also, what the fuck is Romney doing PRAISING the Big Dig? It's the poster child for horrible government planning and wastefulness. It's like a decade late and whole numbers of it's original budget over cost.
    Also, incompetently made.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm still waiting for the explanation of dealing with the trillion dollar war debt.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Well, my dad, who was in a pretty terrible car accident and can't work because of it now gets free health care.

So, from my perspective, really well.

I'm sure there has been some good coming from it, but has there been a systematic look at it yet? How comprehensive has the plan managed to get in terms of coverage, have there been any glaring flaws, so on?

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That's right John, it was just the spending. That's why everyone is pissed.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also, incompetently made.

I thought that was implied in the very mention of it's name :)

werehippy on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hah, "Oh yes, I forgot about you Ron Paul, here, I'll throw you a bone."

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Paul: I don't understand economics. Also, our money is just paper, what's up with that.

werehippy on
  • Options
    GOJIRA!GOJIRA! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Theeeeeeere's the trillion dollar war debt.

Go RuPaul!

He sounds like Ross Perot meets Dennis Kucinich. Tone-wise.

GOJIRA! on
    "We are cursed," said Iyad Sarraj, a Gaza psychiatrist and a human rights activist. "Our leaders are either Israeli collaborators, asses, or mentally unstable."
    Sounds vaguely familiar...
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm sure there has been some good coming from it, but has there been a systematic look at it yet? How comprehensive has the plan managed to get in terms of coverage, have there been any glaring flaws, so on?
    It has only been around for a few months so the long term consequences haven't been seen yet. No one seems to be complaining much, though. It seems to be working, as far as I can tell.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Gold Standard doesn't make sense, Paul.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ron Paul should take a high school economics course.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    General observation, but does anyone else think McCain looks really frail when he talks for more than 30 seconds? His hand and voice were starting to shake at the end of his last monologue.

werehippy on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Deregulating always helped the consumer. Just ask Enron's customers.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Stop saying Sarbanes-Oxley was bad! That is stupid. Stop being stupid, all of you.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay, no Pros Vs. Joes yet and I've finished setting up and starting the debate competition, so Mtvcdm joined the party.

9/11.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    He was one of 3 people who voted against Oxley?

WILLIAMS BROKE THE 9/11 CHERRY!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    General observation, but does anyone else think McCain looks really frail when he talks for more than 30 seconds? His hand and voice were starting to shake at the end of his last monologue.

yeah I think he was running out of breath.

ruh roh Ground Zero, devastation, twin towers, ya'll better be drinking.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

You're just jealous that your picture isn't on it.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh Christ Brian. Why did you GIVE him the 911 plug. WTF is this?

LOL Rudy our carte blanche support of Israel is part of the reason we got hit you ass.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    A japanese building?

"I'm pretty much in favor of trade." WTF??

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I honest to god can't understand what he's possibly thinking. How can you possibly consider inflation a problem, and rail at the FED about it, and then advocate basing our currency exclusively on a mineral that can be found in large amounts in ground throughout the world.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh Christ Brian. Why did you GIVE him the 911 plug. WTF is this?

LOL Rudy our carte blanche support of Israel is part of the reason we got hit you ass.
    Also, troops in Saudi Arabia

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Bwahahahahahaha! You go Russert.

No-Quarter on