As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team Fortress 2 on PC: What sick men send babies to fight me?

• iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We should demand a rematch with those n/s guys.

We were down a man for an entire round basically. But really the rest of that is our fault. Not standing on the point was dumb.

I was doing alright as demoman up until civi left. I think i've lost my touch with the bastard. Once I switched to scout I went from like last in points to 2nd or 3rd though.

Also vent is fun and i'll see if I can get my mic working so you all can hear my testosterone-seeped voice.

iowa on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    vent made me cry because I had to turn down my mic.

Roland_tHTG on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    I'm getting the hang of these new maps. It really sucks not knowing the medkit locations.

Studio was a solid map, but I've yet to try this praised Yaaargh map.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    iowa wrote: »

We were down a man for an entire round basically. But really the rest of that is our fault. Not standing on the point was dumb.

I was doing alright as demoman up until civi left. I think i've lost my touch with the bastard. Once I switched to scout I went from like last in points to 2nd or 3rd though.

Also vent is fun and i'll see if I can get my mic working so you all can hear my testosterone-seeped voice.

Can you talk through the cock you have in your mouth all the time?

Lemming on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm currently downloading TF2 off Steam. After playing last weekend I've got the itch, and I can't wait to scratch. Are there any mods/maps that I need to get as well?

Shogun on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Yearrgh is a sweet map. We should get it on the customs server soon, because the only problem there was when I played was the lack of people.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah

BigKev on
    Steam ID : BigKev87
    edited February 2008
    Lemming wrote: »

Can you talk through the cock you have in your mouth all the time?

sometimes not because mines so huge that it's all getting in my face all the time and then sometimes it you know so i'm all man get out of here huge cock.

what can I do you know.

iowa on
  • vdanhalenvvdanhalenv Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yearrgh is a sweet map. We should get it on the customs server soon, because the only problem there was when I played was the lack of people.

I have yet yo play it on a server with more than 6 people so far so I can't get a real feeling for the map.

It looks promising though

vdanhalenv on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Someone make an Altair spy skin from Assassin's creed.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/37207

Use the hidden blade

And some sort of pistol replacement.

That's what I want so hard.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I FOUND RENT'S ROCKET LAUNCHER

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/33015

MAGETS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    see the arrows and shit make the rockets go faster

tyrannus on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shogun wrote: »
    I'm currently downloading TF2 off Steam. After playing last weekend I've got the itch, and I can't wait to scratch. Are there any mods/maps that I need to get as well?

There aren't any mods you particularly need, and form maps I recommend grabbing the custom maps pack linked on page one of this thread (first post, somewhere in there). That covers the maps that are on the PA custom maps server, and includes a lot of the more common ones you'll run into. Otherwise you'll generally just download them when you join a server if you don't have them.

mcdermott on
    edited February 2008
    oh, on closer inspection that rocket launcher appears to not have a crit button. obviously not mine.

tyrannus on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    need more people on non conformity imo!

Saban on
    371839-1.png
    edited February 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    oh, on closer inspection that rocket launcher appears to not have a crit button. obviously not mine.

It's the trigger. Duh.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    we raped those hk guys

this isn't the good replay with me headshotting everybody...but it still shows how awesome we were:

http://www.mgwyatt.com/tf2/hkscrim.zip

also, for lobster
    civiSnipe.jpg

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • martymarty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    marty wrote: »
    I lol'd
    LOL it's so funny. My mom was actually the secretary to the Vice President of the company back in the 80s. I remember finding it the most hilarious thing when i was little (even now).

Zen: IF YOU MAKE THIS, YOU MUST SHARE. IT IS AMAZING.
    Marty: Yo did you find that spray by the way? It isn't better than my Luigi one, but i could sport it in scrims or when there's a bunch of us.

You mean this one?

1202346008990md6.jpg

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited February 2008

This is what I anticipate from iowa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm0C-Iqp-xU

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    Shit, I thought people would have forgotten about my gig as steve urkel by now.

iowa on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    see the arrows and shit make the rockets go faster
    we need a rocket launcher with a type R sticker

SithDrummer on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In retrospect, I was doing some pretty hardcore venting today during the scrims, so sorry to y'all for that.
    Sometimes, the week just doesn't end you know?

And I agree with rematching the n/s dudes. They high-tailed it out of there when we started rolling them, and I think it'd be great to see how we do in even circumstances

And for a rocket launcher, I want someone to recreate that awesome custom one from TFC where it was just the rocket and the firing animation was the soldier throwing it.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I spent some time in the custom & regular servers today. Got some deathly images from it though.
    2261525173_bb78b04eaa_o.jpg
    2261525363_ec42c131c0_o.jpg
    Lustre seemed to be after me today..
    2262316244_1b5b6bfdc5_o.jpg
    And quite happy about it.
    2262316038_e69a328cc4_o.jpg
    Everybody dies.
    -YouStillHaveZoidberg

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
    edited February 2008
    son of a bitch marty I was drinking something when I saw that picture

tyrannus on
    edited February 2008
    lol what picture? and did you spill your drink from laughing

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    DURRR I HATE THIS GAME

DURR I'M ON THE WINNING TEAM YAY GAME IS FUN

Zen Vulgarity on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dude, what happened on that Dustbowl, guys? We only had 50sec left, and my client freaked out, and I got a connection timeout after 30 sec, but my internet was fine the whole time. Anyone else have problems?

Also, I want to get your opinion on something. Job's Server had a few people tonight who were being absolute cocks with the smacktalk. I dunno about you all, but half the reason I play here is to avoid that kind of pub shit. Are you all cool with the ill-natured shit? I'm not talking about banter, but actual insulting ego-stroking smacktalk.

Houn on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    shh i am so rad okay

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Lost in the last 10 seconds too. NOONE WOULD STICKY THE POINT AND RUN INTO THE SPAWN. Gosh darned nerds.

I agree with you Houn. I enjoy silliness, but I cant take "OH YOU GOT OWNED SO HARD NOOBY."

What on
    edited February 2008
    Those two fucking idiots on Blue needed to go.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2008
    I hope noone takes me seriously at all

ever

edited February 2008
    You were being kinda a whiny bitch tonight Zot.

<3 you still

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2008
    I hope noone takes me seriously at all

ever

You seemed serious to me tonight, but with the other guys on Blu being cocks, it was hard to differentiate. To your credit, though, I've never seen you really be a dick before, and you stopped when I asked. So, thanks, dude. You're awesome. :D

Houn on
    edited February 2008
    well i just can't help it

so many hax

edited February 2008
    I was getting pissed that none of the 100+ players never thought of jumping ship to the losing team.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2008
    So I'm the only one who got a client disconnect? It's never happened to me before, and the rest of my online apps kept on running.

Houn on
    edited February 2008
    It happens sometimes.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2008
    Zot is an asshole what the hell

What on
    edited February 2008
    Rapedonkulus is a funny medic.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2008
    Ubering spies and they get 4 kills.

mmmohyeahturninmeon

What on