Options

"Tabard"???????

Merciful_DeathMerciful_Death Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
The "Tabard" pic on Jan 23rd's top page ain't no tabard.

Tabard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tabard worn by Francis Sedley Andrus, Beaumont Herald of Arms Extraordinary.A tabard is a short coat, either sleeveless, or with short sleeves or shoulder pieces, which was a common item of men's clothing in the Middle Ages, usually for outdoors. It might be belted, or not. Tabards might be emblazoned on the front and back with a coat of arms, and in this form they survive now as the distinctive garment of officers of arms in heraldry.

What you have there is a

Vexillum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The vexillum (plural - vexilla) was a flag-like object used in the Classical Era of the Roman Empire. The vexillum resembles the modern flag; however, the cloth is draped vertically from a horizontal edge, unlike the horizontally-flown flags most used today.

Merciful_Death on

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh come on - it's a Tabard because that's what WoW calls them - the game they're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, he's right - WoW has the correct terminology while Tycho has mislabeled theirs. HOWEVER, I stand by my "Come on!" because there really isn't a way to get any more pretentious than the OP.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ITT: we debate the names of medevil fabric wall hangings.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sexcellent OP.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    OK.

Also, Gabe & Tycho don't read the forums.

20010430h.gif

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.