As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Name this guitar chord!

SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I've tried and gotten nowhere, can anyone give this chord an actual name?

I mean it is basically a D7 but because of that F# raised to a G on that high e string, it changes it a touch. Thoughts?

Chord:
e|--3---
B|--1---
G|--2---
D|--0---
A|-------
E|-------

Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
D&D Metal Thread: HERE
Spackle on

• The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think the G makes it a Sus4 chord. So, D7Sus4?

The Cheese on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    I think the cheese is right.

Edit:
    Google confirms. Definitely D7Sus4.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh ok cool. I really wasn't sure because I kept thinking the G was making it some sort of add11 but without the 3rd it didn't seem right.

sus4 makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2008
    The difference between a sus4 and an add4 is the third. If there's no third, it's suspended.

Tube on