As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas. We're recruiting!

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Newly revised sheet:
    Name: Nemani Sote Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Nemani is determined to protect the western seas.
    Anima: Dependent on the phase of the Moon
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicking the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 5 | Dexterity: 3 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts 3 | Resistance (F) 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Rat, Seagull, Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Compassion: 4
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Willpower: 7
    Essence: 2
    Personal Essence: 16/16
    Peripheral Essence: 38/38

Wyld Mutations:

Large (+1 Strength and Stamina, one extra -0 Health level)

Specialties:

Tiger Claw (Martial Arts)

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A Soak per mote.)

Second Strength Excellency
    You should really have Martial Arts be favored.

'kay.

DE?AD on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If four or five of you guys want to get together and create an "Exalted players looking for GM" thread, though, you can go ahead and do it.
    I've considered trying to run a game, but as we've seen I don't know nearly enough about the system or the setting.

Honestly, you just need to know the basics of the setting, IE: what's covered in the core book.

It's pretty much outright stated that creation is so freaking huge you really don't have to worry about setting aside from the general location in regards to the elemental poles.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oops. *L* i diodn't for some reason see there was a second page.

I'm definately in if a second game comes up though.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Okay, I posted some tentavite interest in running another game in the other thread if anyones interested in the idea.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rainfall wrote:
    Anaximander is too dumb for our game lol.

SADNESS. Oh well. Such is life.

Thanks for the opportunity, I will have to dance around in another game.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Righto, I think I'm pretty happy with my sheet. If anyone has the time, could you give it a quick lookover and tell me if I missed something horribly obvious. And no, "Throwing sucks" is not what I'm looking for. Cascade of Cutting terror is awesome in a box, once I combo it up a little later, it will really start taking off.
    Name: Derren Taim Concept: Loyal Spy
    Caste: Night
    Motivation: Derren wants to subvert the Guild to serve Corals interests
    Anima: A pair of purple Raven wings framed by gold appear behind Derren and his eyes glow with a yellow fire.

Attributes:

Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 5 | Stamina: 2
    Charisma: 2 | Manipulation: 3 | Appearance: 2
    Perception: 4 | Intelligence: 2 | Wits: 5

Abilities:
    Acrobatics: 5 | Awareness: 3 | Dodge: 5 | Larceny: 1 | Stealth: 2
    (Favored)Melee: 2 | (Favored)Thrown: 5 (Chakram: 2)
    (Favored)Integrity: 2 | Presence: 1 | Resistance: 1
    Linguistics: 1 | (Favored)Sail: 2 | (Favored)Socialize: 2
    Investigation: 1 | Lore: 1

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (2xOrichalum Typhoon Wheel): 2
    4 Speed | +3 Accuracy | +5L Damage | +2 Rate | 60 Range | 6 Attune | Cost 2 | Tags: Diff 2 Dex+Throw to return if attack hits, auto if miss
    Artifact (Orichalum Hearthstone Bracers): 2
    +2 Damage | 5 Attune | Cost 2
    Artifact (Orichalum Breastplate): 1
    8L/6B Soak | 3L/3B Hardness | Mobility -0 | Fatigue 0 | 2 Attune | Cost 1
    Resources: 2
    Guild Backing: 1

Charms:
    Graceful Crane Stance: Automatically pass balance checks. (Reflexive) (3m/scene)

Feather-foot Style: Walk on any surface as if weighing no more than a feather. (Reflexive) (4m/scene)

Triple-Distance Attack Technique: Triples range of a thrown attack. (Supplemental) (3m/use)

Cascade of Cutting Terror: Ignore dodge DV and double successes prior to step 3 (Supplemental) (5m/use)

Shadow over Water: Ignore all dodge DV penalties. (Reflexive) (1m/use)

Seven Shadow Evasion: Dodge an attack. (Reflexive) (3m/use) (Conviction Flaw)

Reflex Sidestep Technique: Unexpected attack is now expected. (Reflexive) (1m/use)

Flow like Blood: Ignore the Onslaught and Coordinated Attack penalties. (Simple) (5m, 1wp/scene)

First Dodge Excellency: Add dice to dodge roll. (Reflexive) (1m/dice)

Body-Mending Meditation: Meditate for an hour, roll Stamina+Resilience, if successful, increase healing by a factor of 10. (Supplemental) (10m/use)

Virtues

Compassion: 1 Temperance: 3
    Conviction: 4 Valor: 1
    Virtue Flaw: Overindulgence

Essence: 3
    Peripheral Essence: 24/37
    Committed: 13

Appearance: Derren is an average man, both in build and looks. Unlike most of the westerners he does not possess the same tanned tone that is usually associated with them, a result of his family line being one of the few that spend most of their lives of on land, never working on the deck of a ship. He typically dresses in utilitarian outfits, preferring convenience over looks. His hair has a slight purple tint, flowing down to cover most of his face unless wears it in a topknot. 5'5 and barely scratching 100 lbs, he is smaller than most, but a quick look into his eyes tends to discourage people from trying to take advantage of it.

Backstory: Trained into his role from birth, Derren is from one of the few families who provide the Sea Lord with "Diplomats". While his upbringing was easier than most, the constant training and indoctrination left its marks. Derren is slow to warm up to someone and even slower to trust. The only people he trusts completely is the Sea Lord and his direct representatives.

While Derren didn't exactly excel in the arts of subterfuge, his other skills made him a valuable asset never the less, his skills with a chakram unparalleled among his peers. He quickly made a name for himself among the Sea Lords ranks as the enforcer, the "Diplomat" sent out to handle discussions that had been going on for too long.

His exaltation happened while on one of those peace finding missions, Derren tasked with pacifying a small village on one of the islands in the far east of the protectorate. They believed they could secede from Coral. Derren was sent to impress upon them the foolishness of such a move, placing particular emphasis on how defenseless they'd be against pirates. Things were going well, the villagers very attentive to Derrens words(and the chakrams hanging from his belt), when a band of unaligned pirates actually showed up.

There were too many for Derren to handle, but he tried never the less. Even if the villagers were plotting against Coral, this was still Coral territory. It wasn't until they were almost upon him that something changed. A power the likes of which he had never felt before flowed through him, strengthening his limbs, filling his mind. He threw his chakram into the group of pirates and suddenly it multiplied in mid-air, 2 at first, then 4, then 8, until a shadow covered the beach, a cloud of chakrams flying toward his foes. The results were breathtaking to say the least, the pirates on the beach shredded like meat in a grinder.

The few remaining pirates fled to their rowboats, rowing as fast as they could. Derren stood there panting, sweat rolling down his forehead. The few villagers still around stared at him with wide eyes, or to be more correct, the incorporeal wings sprouting from his back and the golden shimmer of his eyes. They seemed to quickly make the decision that seceding would be a really bad idea, leaving Derren with a job well done. Upon his return, the Sea Lord already seemed to know what had occurred, giving Deren a decent pension along with a set of artifacts coral had come across in their years of prowling the seas and shores of the West. He was no longer a diplomat of Coral. He was something else, officially disgraced, yet not quite.

He was given a new assignment by the Sea Lord himself, a mission only known to a select few . Climb the ranks of the guild. Subvert it from the inside. And once the time was right, use it to help Coral take control of the West. And beyond.

Also a quick question. The Typhoon Wheels have a rate of 2 each. Does this mean I can potentially attack 4 times a turn(provided I manage to get them to return after the attack), or is the extra rate on each of them purely for keeping actions open?

Cynic Jester on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have a question:

After predicting a greater divination, say for example, about the events of a scene, what are the limits of the applications of Reactive Planning? Can I have my character spend the next 12 hours divining, and then reduce the difficulty of 12 different roles during the event by one, or reduce the difficulty of a single roll by 12, or one roll by three and another by nine?

Plutonium on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Righto, I think I'm pretty happy with my sheet. If anyone has the time, could you give it a quick lookover and tell me if I missed something horribly obvious. And no, "Throwing sucks" is not what I'm looking for. Cascade of Cutting terror is awesome in a box, once I combo it up a little later, it will really start taking off.
    Name: Derren Taim Concept: Loyal Spy
    Caste: Night
    Motivation: Derren wants to subvert the Guild to serve Corals interests
    Anima: A pair of purple Raven wings framed by gold appear behind Derren and his eyes glow with a yellow fire.

Attributes:

Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 5 | Stamina: 2
    Charisma: 2 | Manipulation: 3 | Appearance: 2
    Perception: 4 | Intelligence: 2 | Wits: 5

Abilities:
    Acrobatics: 5 | Awareness: 3 | Dodge: 5 | Larceny: 1 | Stealth: 2
    (Favored)Melee: 2 | (Favored)Thrown: 5 (Chakram: 2)
    (Favored)Integrity: 2 | Presence: 1 | Resistance: 1
    Linguistics: 1 | (Favored)Sail: 2 | (Favored)Socialize: 2
    Investigation: 1 | Lore: 1

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (2xOrichalum Typhoon Wheel): 2
    4 Speed | +3 Accuracy | +5L Damage | +2 Rate | 60 Range | 6 Attune | Cost 2 | Tags: Diff 2 Dex+Throw to return if attack hits, auto if miss
    Artifact (Orichalum Hearthstone Bracers): 2
    +2 Damage | 5 Attune | Cost 2
    Artifact (Orichalum Breastplate): 1
    8L/6B Soak | 3L/3B Hardness | Mobility -0 | Fatigue 0 | 2 Attune | Cost 1
    Resources: 2
    Guild Backing: 1

Charms:
    Graceful Crane Stance: Automatically pass balance checks. (Reflexive) (3m/scene)

Feather-foot Style: Walk on any surface as if weighing no more than a feather. (Reflexive) (4m/scene)

Triple-Distance Attack Technique: Triples range of a thrown attack. (Supplemental) (3m/use)

Cascade of Cutting Terror: Ignore dodge DV and double successes prior to step 3 (Supplemental) (5m/use)

Shadow over Water: Ignore all dodge DV penalties. (Reflexive) (1m/use)

Seven Shadow Evasion: Dodge an attack. (Reflexive) (3m/use) (Conviction Flaw)

Reflex Sidestep Technique: Unexpected attack is now expected. (Reflexive) (1m/use)

Flow like Blood: Ignore the Onslaught and Coordinated Attack penalties. (Simple) (5m, 1wp/scene)

First Dodge Excellency: Add dice to dodge roll. (Reflexive) (1m/dice)

Body-Mending Meditation: Meditate for an hour, roll Stamina+Resilience, if successful, increase healing by a factor of 10. (Supplemental) (10m/use)

Virtues

Compassion: 1 Temperance: 3
    Conviction: 4 Valor: 1
    Virtue Flaw: Overindulgence

Essence: 3
    Peripheral Essence: 24/37

Appearance: Derren is an average man, both in build and looks. Unlike most of the westerners he does not possess the same tanned tone that is usually associated with them, a result of his family line being one of the few that spend most of their lives of on land, never working on the deck of a ship. He typically dresses in utilitarian outfits, preferring convenience over looks. His hair has a slight purple tint, flowing down to cover most of his face unless wears it in a topknot. 5'5 and barely scratching 100 lbs, he is smaller than most, but a quick look into his eyes tends to discourage people from trying to take advantage of it.

Backstory: Trained into his role from birth, Derren is from one of the few families who provide the Sea Lord with "Diplomats". While his upbringing was easier than most, the constant training and indoctrination left its marks. Derren is slow to warm up to someone and even slower to trust. The only people he trusts completely is the Sea Lord and his direct representatives.

While Derren didn't exactly excel in the arts of subterfuge, his other skills made him a valuable asset never the less, his skills with a chakram unparalleled among his peers. He quickly made a name for himself among the Sea Lords ranks as the enforcer, the "Diplomat" sent out to handle discussions that had been going on for too long.

His exaltation happened while on one of those peace finding missions, Derren tasked with pacifying a small village on one of the islands in the far east of the protectorate. They believed they could secede from Coral. Derren was sent to impress upon them the foolishness of such a move, placing particular emphasis on how defenseless they'd be against pirates. Things were going well, the villagers very attentive to Derrens words(and the chakrams hanging from his belt), when a band of unaligned pirates actually showed up.

There were too many for Derren to handle, but he tried never the less. Even if the villagers were plotting against Coral, this was still Coral territory. It wasn't until they were almost upon him that something changed. A power the likes of which he had never felt before flowed through him, strengthening his limbs, filling his mind. He threw his chakram into the group of pirates and suddenly it multiplied in mid-air, 2 at first, then 4, then 8, until a shadow covered the beach, a cloud of chakrams flying toward his foes. The results were breathtaking to say the least, the pirates on the beach shredded like meat in a grinder.

The few remaining pirates fled to their rowboats, rowing as fast as they could. Derren stood there panting, sweat rolling down his forehead. The few villagers still around stared at him with wide eyes, or to be more correct, the incorporeal wings sprouting from his back and the golden shimmer of his eyes. They seemed to quickly make the decision that seceding would be a really bad idea, leaving Derren with a job well done. Upon his return, the Sea Lord already seemed to know what had occurred, giving Deren a decent pension along with a set of artifacts coral had come across in their years of prowling the seas and shores of the West. He was no longer a diplomat of Coral. He was something else, officially disgraced, yet not quite.

He was given a new assignment by the Sea Lord himself, a mission only known to a select few . Climb the ranks of the guild. Subvert it from the inside. And once the time was right, use it to help Coral take control of the West. And beyond.

Also a quick question. The Typhoon Wheels have a rate of 2 each. Does this mean I can potentially attack 4 times a turn(provided I manage to get them to return after the attack), or is the extra rate on each of them purely for keeping actions open?

The rate is how many times you can attack in a Flurry per Action.

So yes, you could make 4 attacks in a single flurry(two with each Wheel)
    Plutonium wrote:
    I have a question:

After predicting a greater divination, say for example, about the events of a scene, what are the limits of the applications of Reactive Planning? Can I have my character spend the next 12 hours divining, and then reduce the difficulty of 12 different roles during the event by one, or reduce the difficulty of a single roll by 12, or one roll by three and another by nine?

Yes. Each Reactive Planning ritual lets you decrease the difficulty of one roll by one. It doesn't say that it's not stackable, so one assumes that it is.

Tentative start date of the 14/15th, guys. I want to do an individual Prelude for each character, so bug me on AIM if you're on and I'm on and you want to get that done, merkay?

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    You wouldn't happen to use MSN? Haven't had AIM for years.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2008
    I do have MSN, yes.

tempestwing AT gmail DOT com.

Rainfall on
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I usually avoid IM like the plague, but I could grab AIM briefly for this.

Inglorious Coyote on
    edited February 2008
    Ah, good to hear you have MSN as well. My schedule is fairly open, so just name a time that'd be good for you to do Nemani's prelude and I'll be there.

DE?AD on
    edited February 2008
    I'll be online from whenever I get up to some point roughly around 7 pm MST, but I'm pretty sick atm so we'll see if I'm actually capable of doing anything.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Well, I'm pretty much available all day for MSN RPs provided I'm at a computer, be it work or at home. So if you see me on MSN, just shoot me a line and we should be good to go. MSN is shu underscore rakh at hotmail dot com.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2008
    Once again life throws a large rock in the course of getting this done. I'm horrifically sick, and I'm still forcing myself to go to work in order to pay my rent, but I'm pretty much just sleeping, aside from that.

Wednesday is my day off so hopefully I'll be feeling better by then and I can do a couple of preludes and get some more flavor writing done, but it's all up in the air to see if my sinuses explode from overpressure before then.

Any Solar Exalted doctors in the house? Please?

Rainfall on
  • PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I know I haven't been posted in here much, with all the assignments I've been having to keep up with, but I am still in the game, so everyone knows. My original social-fu priest concept is still on, but since we've already got a sorcerer and this is taking place in the west I'm going for Necromancy instead now.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
    edited February 2008
    I've been rather busy for the past few days as well, so the delay actually sort of works out well for me. Hope you feel better soon, though.

Oh, and my MSN is DiniUran at live dot com.

DE?AD on
    edited February 2008
    Alright, guys! I'm not dead! (can I hear the prayers of thanksgiving?) My cold's cleared up quite a bit, so I should be good for doing preludes tonight/tomorrow(I'm working on throwing material together, I've got some clear ideas for all of you)

Anyways, quick breakdown of what the preludes will be:

A quick run of your characters history, to give you a feel of who your character is.

Your characters Exaltation, and total badassery.

Post-Exaltation plothooks to drag you into Seahaven(which is where the campaign will start)

A general introduction into the Western setting so that you guys feel at home there when we start play.

Each one will probably take a couple of hours, there'll be some combat-lite(most likely, maybe not) some dice rolls here and there, and they should be fun. If your 50-page detailed backstory is precious and dear to your heart, let me know more than the three paragraphs I have so that I don't mutilate it.

Woo! Let's get rocking! I'm transcribing your sheets for my own use right about now(Powerslave where is yours I need it,) so feel free to ping me with questions.

Oh yeah, one thing that REALLY saves time is figuring out the total stats for all your attacks(your total accuracy bonus/damage bonuses) Kicks, punches, bites(if applicable) and weapon attacks. That way you don't need to do the math every time.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Plutonium, what were your final choices for favored abilities? Right now I see War, Dodge, Sail, and Bureaucracy favored, is that correct(since there was this big discussion 'bout it earlier)

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Um... let me check.

Martial Arts, Stealth, Bureacracy, Sail, Awareness

Plutonium on
    edited February 2008
    Hey Fiaryn, would you mind posting up your current sheet? As far as I can tell you've made some significant changes and haven't reposted it yet, and I want to make sure everything is good.

Rainfall on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BEHOLD!
    Name: Dezrik Serano Concept: Naga Pirate
    Caste: Casteless
    Motivation: Dezrik believes strongly in the creed of Coral, and as such believes in bringing civilization and order to the West.
    Spirit Shape: Snake
    Tell: Dezrik has the eyes of a serpent

Attributes

Strength: 2 | Charisma: 2 | Perception: 2
    Dexterity: 5 | Manipulation (F): 3 | Intelligence: 3
    Stamina: 4 | Appearance: 4 | Wits(F): 2

Abilities

Athletics: 2 | Awareness: 3 | Integrity: 3 | Melee(F): 4 | Larceny: 2 | Linguistics: 1 | Presence: 4
    Sail: 2 | Socialize: 3 | Survival(F): 2 |

Specialties

Wavecleaver Daiklave: 2

Backgrounds

Artifact (Moonsilver Wavecleaver Daiklave "Argent Calamity"): 2
    Speed- 5 Accuracy- +5 Damage- +7L/3 Defense- +3 Rate- 2 Attune- 5 Tags- O

Artifact (Moonsilver Lamellar): 2
    Soak- +8L/9B Hardness- 5L/5B Mobility- 0 Fatigue- 0 Attune- 3

Manse (Cadent Carbunkle): 4
    Cadent Carbunkle allows Dezrik to, as a reflexive action, cause his weapon to burst into flames, dealing an additional +4L damage. In addition, he and his weapon are immune to harm from these flames, and he gains +5 Soak against all damage caused by fire. Dezrik obtained this hearthstone when he returned to the islet on which he Exalted, examining the tomb from which his weapon was taken, the tomb of the First Age Lunar Exalt Onyx Serpentine Warlord of the Seven Gates. The tomb is part of a Manse within a volcanic mountain, the one to which he is attuned, and it was therein he procured the Cadent Carbunkle.

Artifact (Mask): 2

Heart's Blood: 1
    Forms: Seagull, Shark, and Great Cat (Jaguar)

Charms/Knacks

First Dexterity Excellency: Add extra dice to a relevant dice pool. (1m/die)

Armor Forming Technique: May spend up to (Essence) motes to gain +3B/3L/1A soak for each mote spent, can be activated automatically with DBT. (1m/3 soak)

Ox-Body Technique: Two extra -1 health boxes.

First Manipulation Excellency: Add extra dice to a relevant dice pool. (1m/die)

False-Burrow Pursuit: Roll Manipulation+Presence versus a difficulty equal to target's Perception or Investigation (whichever is higher) to convince them that a particular detail is of utmost importance. (4m)

Relentless Lunar Fury: Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect. (1m, 1wp)

Western Mastery Technique: May breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish. (6m)

Deadly Beastman Transformation: Add one dot to strength, dexterity, and stamina while in War Form, apply Serpent's Body Wyld Mutation (+4 to dexterity for purposes of determining movement rate, +4 to grappling attempts, unable to perform actions that require legs). (5m)

Virtues

Compassion: 1 Temperance: 2
    Conviction: 5 Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Heartless Weasel

Willpower: 8

Personal Essence: 18/18
    Peripheral Essence: 31/44

Appearance: Dezrik is a deeply tanned man from years upon years spent on the decks of (pirate) ships, roaming the seas and appropriating funds* in the name of Coral. His head is meticulously shaven, and his ears adorned with a number of piercings. While indeed fairly tall, he is quite lanky and of only moderate muscularity. His garb is unremarkable, nothing more complex than a heavy jacket to conceal the Moonsilver Lamellar he wears beneath.

Backstory: Born and raised in Azure, Dezrik Serano took to his father's trade of piracy in the name of his country. Skilled with both blade and tongue, he quickly attained role of first mate. A great communicator, but not the man who leads, he is the quintessential lieutenant. Shoring up loyalties to the true leader behind the scenes through "off the record" talks and the like to ensure that the men kept the goal in sight and mutiny out of their hearts. No man is without flaw however, and his weakness was one for gambling.

It was on a chance sighting of a small unmarked vessel anchored just off of a small islet within the territory of the Coral Protectorates that such a gamble was made. Dezrik successfully managed to convince his Captain and the men that it was worth looking into. What they found on the islet was a company of Realm soldiers led by a Dragon Blood, attempting to make off with relics from a tomb of a First Age tomb. Attempts to convince the company that the relics rightfully belonged to Coral succeeded only in provoking the Dragon Blood to violence. The battle was a slaughter, with Dezrik's comrades unable to stand against a Dragon Blood. Amidst the confusion though, fortune found him. As he hefted the Wavecleaver Daiklave (the one he wields yet) the company had unearthed, perhaps out of some familiarity, he found his Second Breath. The tide changed quickly in their favor after that, the Dragon Blooded Commander falling easily before the newly Exalted Lunar's rage, and an escape was made with much of the artifacts the Realm soldiers had found.

After this, Dezrik's fortune returned to bad. Wanting little to do with an Anathema (and remembering who got them into this in the first place), the crew promptly ejected him at the nearest port before continuing on their way. Since then, he has come to master some of the gifts of Luna and consider his future. He still believes in the creed of Coral, in a future Empire in the West to rival the Realm. With the power of the Chosen of Luna, he intends to make ready new lands peoples for the order that Coral brings.

All the changes were edited into my original post on the first page truth be told, but this is more convenient methinks. :)

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited February 2008
    Brill! Thank you.

Just waiting on Powerslave's sheet, now. Dee doo doo DUM.

Rainfall on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn, you're an asshole.

You stole my manse idea. :x

Thanatos on
    edited February 2008
    Faggy Toes wrote: »

The whole idea or just the Cadent Carbunkle bit? Either way...haha!

Fiaryn on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Faggy Toes wrote: »

The whole idea or just the Cadent Carbunkle bit? Either way...haha!
    The manse inside a volcano. Bastard.

Thanatos on
    edited February 2008
    There CAN be more than one manse inside a volcano. Just make yours inside a MORE EPIC volcano.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Nuh uh! If he tries that we'll have to have a volcano fight.

Fiaryn on
    edited February 2008
    Oh, there's already volcano fights scripted. In MY game, anyways.

Volcano fights with volcano gods in volcanos.

And probably some volcano-stuff, too. I dunno.

Regardless, love 'dem volcanos!

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    *ahem*

Powerslave, I need your sheet. If it's not in(in full) by tomorrow, you're getting dumped and Anaximander is getting swapped back in. I want to get started this week, not next week or whenever. To get started, I need your sheet.

Rainfall on
  • PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've had this thing done for almost a week now, I just had to get a few things approved.
    Name: Smilie (AKA "Priest" AKA "You there" AKA "Guy")
    Concept: Wandering priest and necromancer
    Motivation: Aid others like him in their aspirations of greatness
    Caste: Zenith
    Anima: a large, robed figure with its face obscured by a theater mask

Attributes
    Strength 2
    Dexterity 3
    Stamina 2

Charisma 4
    Manipulation 4
    Appearance 3

Perception 3
    Intelligence 3
    Wits 3

Caste/Favored Abilities
    Integrity 3
    Presence 3
    Performance 3
    Resistance 0
    Survival 0

War 1
    Investigation 3
    Occult 3
    Awareness 3
    Socialize 4

Abilities
    Melee 1
    Lore 2
    Dodge 4
    Linguistics 2

Backgrounds
    Artifact 3 (Mysterious Staff)
    Artifact 3 (Windwalker Shoes)
    Manse 1 (Cursed Abyssal Hearthstone)

Virtues, Willpower, Essence
    Compassion 3
    Conviction 1
    Temperance 4
    Valor 1
    Virtue Flaw: Ascetic Drive

Willpower 7
    Essence 3

Peripheral Essence: 16
    Personal Essence: 37
    Committed Essence: 6

Charms and Spells
    Integrity: 1st Integrity Excellency (1m per die, extra die for every mote spent)
    Performance: Respect Commanding Attitude (5m, YOU WILL ALL LISTEN TO ME)
    Presence: 2nd Presence Excellency (2m per success, extra success for each 2 motes spent)
    Investigation: 1st Investigation Excellency (1m per die, extra die for every mote spent)
    Occult: Shadowlands Circle Necromancy (1 wp, allows use of necromancy)
    Dodge: Shadow Over Water (1m, ignore all penalties to dodge DV)
    Dodge: Seven Shadows Evasion (3m, perfect dodge, temperance flaw)
    Socialize: Wise-Eyed Courtier Method (3m 1wp, change the beliefs of a social group)

Blessed Dead Fools (13m, summons ghosts as expert performers)
    Shattering Void Mirror (20 motes, does twice the target's remaining health in lethal damage)

Weapons
    The Mysterious Staff
    Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 9B, Defense 8 (PDV 4), Rate 2

Artifacts
    The Mysterious Staff
    7 mote cost allows dematerialization
    Can instantly call staff if it is not restrained
    Attunement allows user to always know its location
    6 mote attunement
    3 Hearthstone sockets, Cursed Abyssal Hearthstone in one

Windwalker Shoes
    4 mote commitment allows indefinite normal movement in any direction

Cursed Abyssal Hearthstone
    The hearthstone cannot be removed from the player's person or removed from the item it is socketed into without the approval of a powerful Abyssal or Deathlord
    "Necrotic Rot" effect, draws user deeper into Silver Prince's ancestor cult
    Allows user to see ghosts, and know the location of the nearest shadowlands for a mote expenditure

Soak, Health, DVs
    Bashing 2, Lethal 1, Aggravated 0

0: o
    -1: oo
    -2: oo
    -4: o
    In: o

DDV: 5
    PDV: 4

MDDV: 6
    MPDV: 4

Description and History
    Originally from a small island tribe in the neck, and the priest-shaman of a river god there, "Smilie" was never named. Following his Exaltation during a period of physical abuse by his deity, Smilie was found and embraced by the Silver Prince, and re-assumed the role of priest in the Bodhisattva's capitol of Skullstone. This didn't last very long, as he fled the city and his liege upon being shown what was intended to be his Monstrance.

Smilie is, to put it simply, a very pretty man who straddles the line between "plain" and "perfection". His skin lacks the dark hues of a tan, and equally lacks paleness and blemishes of any kind. His physique is almost absent of any toning, but also is without flab or skeletal thinness. He stands at average height (either just at or just under six feet tall) and his facial features are distinctly sharp, with high cheekbones, a thin and pointed nose, and a chin that almost comes to a point itself. His dark hair is kept in a simple pageboy style, and in strong lighting it displays a light violet shine. As his nickname implies, it is incredibly rare to find him with something other than a smile on his face, though this can run the gamut from genuine grin to sinister smirk.

Since his escape from Skullstone he has been left in a simple outfit comprised of navy blue pants, his unique shoes, a white tunic, and a violet cloak and gloves. Overall, his wardrobe looks just as plain and unassuming as he does. His only weapon, if it could even be called that, is a large staff carved of some dark brown, almost black wood. This staff is topped by a fist-sized hearthstone of dark red, which is webbed with vein-like streaks of black. Peering further into the gem, the stone's core darkens to shadowy black.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
    edited February 2008
    It suddenly occurs to me that, as I changed Martial Arts to a favored ability, I need to fix my sheet a little.

Here's the newly revised Nemani:
    Name: Nemani Sote Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Nemani is determined to protect the western seas.
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicking the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 5 | Dexterity: 3 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts (F) 4 | Resistance 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Rat, Seagull, Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Compassion: 4
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Peripheral Essence: 38/38

Wyld Mutations:

Large (+1 Strength and Stamina, one extra -0 Health level)

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A Soak per mote.)

Second Strength Excellency

DE?AD on
    edited February 2008
    That was awesome Rainfall.

Plutonium on
    edited February 2008
    Why, thank you.

Guys, the first game will take place some time on Friday(something like 6 PM MST,) and I'll try to get as many preludes as possible done between now and then.

If I don't get to you, then I'll just send a PM with the appropriate plot hooks that I've already thought up for most of you and a bit of fleshing out of the backstory.

I wanna do proper preludes, though. They're a lot of fun.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Oh hey, one thing that I generally do before running a game that I completely forgot about until just now:

What do you guys want to see in this game? What sort of themes do you enjoy running into? Are there taboos that you want me to avoid?

Rainfall on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Women on Boats, obviously.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited February 2008
    I thought that was a given.

I mean, aside from the Tya who are men aside from their biological functions.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Well, shit. I just realized I've been operating on a false assumptions - I'd been thinking I was three hours ahead, when in fact I'm three hours behind. That means the game would be taking place at 3:00PM here (damnable Hawaiian time), so I'm not going to be able to make it.

Luckily, there's a whole 'nother thread full of people looking for an Exalted game, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding my replacement.

DE?AD on
    edited February 2008
    Well, shit. I just realized I've been operating on a false assumptions - I'd been thinking I was three hours ahead, when in fact I'm three hours behind. That means the game would be taking place at 3:00PM here (damnable Hawaiian time), so I'm not going to be able to make it.

Luckily, there's a whole 'nother thread full of people looking for an Exalted game, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding my replacement.

D:

D:

Fiaryn on
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »

D:

D:

Yeah, I know.

DE?AD on
This discussion has been closed.