Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Walking Dead.

• NAPNAP Registered User
    edited February 2009
    My first post...

I love that Kirkman is focusing on his own created books now. Monthly Walking Dead is the best thing ever.

Also, I actually like Adlard more than Tony Moore. For a book as dark and depressing as TWD, Moore's style is a bit cartoony for it IMO. Not a knock against Moore in any way, I love his work. But Adlard's art fits it perfectly.

PSN & XBL gamertags in spoiler tag:
    Spoiler:

Add me for SF4, I'll play anyone.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    NAP, you don't give any hint of what you're spoiling. like, say what issue you're talking up to or something

• DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I just read the 9th trade. Thought it felt kind of like filler.

Still...
    Spoiler:

PSN: Toxic_Cizzle Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So I just read the 9th trade. Thought it felt kind of like filler.

Still...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hahaha, in the latest issue Andrea even comments on the mullitude.

I am a bit disappointed at issue 58. Where is the UNTHINKABLE that was advertised? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that
    Spoiler:

• Sith PenguinSith Penguin Registered User
    edited March 2009
    i've only read the second volume. it's pretty good, but i'm not sure i'm liking the direction they're going with the virus.

edited March 2009
    What do you mean? How do you know it's a virus?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, they don't say its a virus. They barely even talk about it really.

PSN: Toxic_Cizzle Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited March 2009
    It's really not important what it is. That's not what the series is about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mugginnsmugginns Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So this last issue was pretty awesome.

E26cO.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I liked it too. The action-packed direction they're taking is a nice turn.

steam_sig.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Braggadocio Open up the trunk, release the mech, Increase the power to the shield to protect, I never hit eject.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just want to say Dale is an ungrateful dick and totally right too.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    I toss back drinks with a stiff upper lip and you’re just here to hear my tongue frolic.
    Join Now.
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure anyone at that point would be a bit batshit insane. Rick is something of a danger magnet, even if it isn't per se his fault and he's just trying to do the right thing. The dozenth time Rick busts in screaming about some bad thing that's about to happen I'd start getting pretty sick of him too.

• Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Although the last two arcs were build-up, I'm still not ready for what these recent teasers are hinting at.

Those Days Different.
    edited April 2009
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow I didn't even know this was coming out.

I'm a bit worried about the overall quality since it isn't hardcover.

Edit. Holy Shit what a fantastic deal this is especially if it's well put together.

What is best in life?
  • ForarForar #432 Already prepping for Toronto Fan Expo!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, I thought "trade waiting" was bad.

"Hardcover waiting" is much, much worse.

I've snagged the first 4 hardcovers off Amazon, and the wait on the 5th may lead to rioting.

Well, it would lead to rioting, if standing up quickly didn't wind me so badly.

Whew, all this heavy thinking is making me tired. I'm gonna take a nap.

In all seriousness, make with the hardcover!

sigtwo.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Edit. Holy Shit what a fantastic deal this is especially if it's well put together.

I'm always wary of picking up a trade with 1000+ pages. It's like it is begging to fall apart. One reason I've been hesitant on the Bone omnibus.

camo_sig2.png
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »

I'm always wary of picking up a trade with 1000+ pages. It's like it is begging to fall apart. One reason I've been hesitant on the Bone omnibus.

Uh...how many 1000+ page tomes have you picked up to judge this on? I've never had a single omnibus with pages loose or any that fell out. Even things like Essentials, which are as cheaply produced as possible, have never seen pages fall out of and I've got a fair amount of books of these sizes between my brother and myself. I've also never heard of anyone having problems with the omnibus format or pages. Not to doubt you, but are you just assuming pages will fall out because they are bigger or do you have some numbers/facts/links to back up the claim?

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    KVW wrote: »

Uh...how many 1000+ page tomes have you picked up to judge this on? I've never had a single omnibus with pages loose or any that fell out. Even things like Essentials, which are as cheaply produced as possible, have never seen pages fall out of and I've got a fair amount of books of these sizes between my brother and myself. I've also never heard of anyone having problems with the omnibus format or pages. Not to doubt you, but are you just assuming pages will fall out because they are bigger or do you have some numbers/facts/links to back up the claim?

No numbers or facts, I don't have any trades that large. Just wary for some unknown reason. Maybe it's because I have had a couple half that size loose pages after only a couple of readings *shrug*.

camo_sig2.png
  • ServoServo Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2009
    KVW wrote: »

i have a number of non-graphic novel books that weigh in at 1000+ pages and they do seem to have a tendency toward binding trouble. just looking at my shelf from my desk, i can see three big thick books (cuz i r smart!) whose pages are only nominally bound by their covers.

it's the same concern that kept me from picking up the bone omnibus as well, honestly.

newsigs.jpg
  • Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User
    edited May 2009
    ...what?

The new teasers with things like, "The Dead do Not Hunt" hint at another Made to Suffer, which I don't want to experience over again.

Those Days Different.
  • VerrVerr Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    It was my turning point. I read it because it was fun, after that I read because I cared.

Really? This kinda turned me off from the series.

• way>9000way>9000 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    61 anyone?
    so amazing.
    carl is such a badass

• werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've heard a couple people say that, and I honestly don't understand it. That in no way, shape, or form was a good thing.
    Spoiler:

• CadeCade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It was bold, it was ballsy and it didn't side step anything.

Overall considering everything else that's happened it was a rather realistic situation to happen.

How your suppose to deal with it then? Well we saw what happened.

• Straydog1980Straydog1980 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    so, if I've read through the end of Trade #9... how many issues behind am I now? I just got into The Walking Dead, and loved it so much I bought books 1-4, and then trade #9. I'm having a hard time waiting for #10 to come out. How many issues would i have to buy to get caught up?

Trade #9 went through issue #54.

edited May 2009
    stray dog that would make you 6 issues behind. if you want to start reading by issue you can start buying at 62 and then pick up trade 10 and youll be all set:)

edited May 2009
    way>9000 wrote: »
    stray dog that would make you 6 issues behind. if you want to start reading by issue you can start buying at 62 and then pick up trade 10 and youll be all set:)

awesome :P

I called my LCS and had them add it from #62 on.

Now I just have to wait for Trade 10 to come out to find out about
    Spoiler:

edited May 2009

awesome :P

I called my LCS and had them add it from #62 on.

Now I just have to wait for Trade 10 to come out to find out about
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited May 2009
    great. Thanks dude. Now I'm going to have to go pick up the individual issues, because at the end of trade 10 that's what was going on. If you're telling me that is not true now, I can not contain the anxiety any longer. Off I go!
    Spoiler:

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RE:Carl
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Braggadocio Open up the trunk, release the mech, Increase the power to the shield to protect, I never hit eject.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    I toss back drinks with a stiff upper lip and you’re just here to hear my tongue frolic.
    Join Now.
    edited May 2009
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited May 2009
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
  • mugginnsmugginns Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

E26cO.jpg
    edited May 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    Spoiler:

i agree
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Not reading any spoilers

I've been burning through this series after finishing Y. It's so good

But god damn

Just finished Volume 8

This series is just so fucking brutal, while still remaining I think very realistic*. Reminds me of Song of Ice and Fire 'no character is safe' taken to the extreme. I haven't spoken real words at page of written word in excitement or shock in a long while, but have caught myself doing it plenty these past few volumes (tradebacks?).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • CadeCade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    About Carl:
    Spoiler: