As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GameStrata - It's like Facebook traded the Emo for Epeen.

Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
So I was trolling around Kotoku desperatly avoiding doing any work when I stumbled across this:

Original Article
For stat junkies, a new site is launching that will track your every move during online gaming sessions. Called GameStrata, the free site will follow your progress in console and PC games by the currently partnered companies Capcom, EA and Sega. What seems so promising is that the service doesn't just track simple kills or wins and losses. Instead, the site aggregates tons of detailed information, like shots fired per match, total amount of damage dealt or frags per minute.

The downside is that GameStrata registration is currently using a token system, requiring you to sign up in hopes of receiving an invite (similar to the moderate pain it was to first join Gmail). But we tested the service and received an invite with no problem after our registration. Here's the full list of games that GameStrata will be supporting at launch:

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) Battlefield 2 (PC) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC) Universe at War (PC, Xbox 360) The Club (Xbox 360) - Coming February 19th

It doesn't really have any games yet (or at least any games I play), but the premise is promising and it could be cool.

I was just wondering if anyone was thinking of using this? The token invite system doesnt appear to be a problem right now, as I "requested a token" and got one in like 5 minutes.

GameStrata

calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
Kris_xK on

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hm. The overall supported games list doesn't look all that exciting, with the exception of The Club, which I suppose is enough for me to give it a try.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Please, advertise at me, and conduct market research on me. I thrive it!"

LewieP on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

If it leads to that 4X/RTS/MMO/Dating RPG I've been wanting then research away!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Good point.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Good point.

I'm pretty sure it's the entire point. The whole thing reeks of self-inflicted market research...

darkgrue on