As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tav's first [chat]!

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    Facebook is FTL. though i don't really have a better alternative as far as social networking sites go.
    Bebo. :P
    Somebody actually uses that? I though it was just a site name.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sounds good, what's the viewing area like? My dad had an older rear projection that's either got a failing bulb or a dirty lens and you can't watch it from the sides at all.

Also, the best thing about rear projection is that no one is going to break into your house and take it without a friend and planning.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    ‘Fellate’ has two ls anyhow.

stilist on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I usually play scrabble with my pretty religious grandmother. No bad words for little Aldo!

Aldo on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    My TV is a Samsung DLP. I like it.

I got my girlfriend a Westinghouse LCD and she likes it.
    How come you've never bought me a television?

And who said you could have a girlfriend?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    ‘Fellate’ has two ls anyhow.
    Cockfag.

Quid on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Macho burrito is too Macho. Ugh.

Hi [chat].

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Facebook is FTL. though i don't really have a better alternative as far as social networking sites go.

There was an action on gaiaonline for some awesome items if you fucked around bebo for a while, so they got a few kazillion members through that. Not that those people will stick to that site now, though. Especially now that gaia has the same deal with Facebook.

Bebo is just a cheap facebook knock-off, I see no reason to join them instead of facebook.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    There was an action on gaiaonline for some awesome items if you fucked around bebo for a while, so they got a few kazillion members through that. Not that those people will stick to that site now, though. Especially now that gaia has the same deal with Facebook.

Bebo is just a cheap facebook knock-off, I see no reason to join them instead of facebook.
    Huh. The more you know.

stilist on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    Sounds good, what's the viewing area like? My dad had an older rear projection that's either got a failing bulb or a dirty lens and you can't watch it from the sides at all.

Also, the best thing about rear projection is that no one is going to break into your house and take it without a friend and planning.

These are not your father's RP televisions. It only weighs about 70lb or so. It's about 30lb lighter than the 32" CRT I have.

Also, older RP televisions use very different technology than the newer onces. It's actually LCoS, which is kinda like the bastard offspring of LCD and RP. My current TV is a smaller and older version of the same technology, and the viewing angle is good enough that by the time the picture starts to seriously fade, you're far enough off to the side that you can't make out the picture, anyway. It's more sensitive to vertical deviations from the center, but even then I've only had problems when I was standing up within 3 feet of the screen and trying to rock out to Guitar Hero. Basically, viewing angle is a complete non-issue.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Isn't bebo the one that had the suicide group that the parents were bitching about because the kids offed themselves?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Isn't bebo the one that had the suicide group that the parents were bitching about because the kids offed themselves?
    Hm, that sounds right...

stilist on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Huh. The more you know.

Pretty much the only reason why people on gaia *do* anything -- fancy items. Fuck, they have deals with MTV and Warner Bros, somehow the big companies think that a lot of people looking at their logo/movie trailer is going to make them profit. No one tell them I only looked at it because I could get fabulous sunglasses out of it.

...It's pretty bad how much I like dressing up my avatar on gaia online. =/

Aldo on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We have 61" Samsung DLP at home. It's pretty sweet.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My house is ruled by Samsung. So far Samsung's been a just ruler.

I assume Samsung makes some good TVs, but I will never find out, because of two data points:

- The Samsung DVD player I had crashed and glitched up all the time, and after 18 months the remote stopped working. At this point, I tossed the player and got the HD-DVD add-on for my 360.

- My friend has a Samsung TV, and the menu system is ass.

That's enough for me to write off the Samsung brand. I don't pretend it's rational, but whatever.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Chutney sounds like it would be some disgusting British dish involving animal intestines, but Wikipedia’s description makes me want to try some form.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, chutney is awesome. It's basically relish, only with fruit instead of pickles.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    I got my girlfriend a Westinghouse LCD and she likes it.

I have a 1080p version of one of these. It's pretty swank for the price.

budget swank

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    ...It's pretty bad how much I like dressing up my avatar on gaia online. =/
    We all have our failings.

stilist on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I assume Samsung makes some good TVs, but I will never find out, because of two data points:

- The Samsung DVD player I had crashed and glitched up all the time, and after 18 months the remote stopped working. At this point, I tossed the player and got the HD-DVD add-on for my 360.

That's enough for me to write off the Samsung brand. I don't pretend it's rational, but whatever.

Samsung makes a lot of stuff that looks good but every Samsung product I've had has crapped out in a year or less.

I'm a total LG fanboy right now. So we'll see how long their stuff lasts.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Huh -- I'd say the menu system for more or less every electronic device that's not a computer has a pretty shitty menu system. I can't even imagine how bad it would have to be to stand out.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Man, chutney is awesome. It's basically relish, only with fruit instead of pickles.
    I kinda wanna try an avocado chutney or something.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    ‘Conventional wisdom’ is such an odd phrase. Why not just say ‘popular opinion’? It’s a lot less self-congratulatory.

stilist on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    I am posting to post in the chat thread.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Tamarind chutney, you heathen!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    FFT's battle where you learn Ultima is bloody hard.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    The FFT games have never interested me.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ‘Conventional wisdom’ is such an odd phrase. Why not just say ‘popular opinion’? It’s a lot less self-congratulatory.

Conventional wisdom says you should get some tamarind chutney.

You heathen.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Chutney sounds like it would be some disgusting British dish involving animal intestines, but Wikipedia’s description makes me want to try some form.

Jeez, sausages are the closest I've ever come to animal intestines. You guys have some strange ideas about British food.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    But onions aren't fruit!

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Tamarind chutney, you heathen!
    I’ve never had tamarind, apart from its apparent inclusion in Worcestershire sauce, so I’m kinda hesitant to go that route. Also, I’m thinking more along the line of stuff I can make myself, and I’m not sure the supermarkets around here would have it.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Coldred wrote: »
    Jeez, sausages are the closest I've ever come to animal intestines. You guys have some strange ideas about British food.
    What about haggis and all that lot? I’m not saying such things are consumed regularly, but as a culture you’ve come up with some pretty horrific things.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Irene!

Which server?

You?

WoW.

Tell me!

Quid on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What about haggis and all that lot? I’m not saying such things are consumed regularly, but as a culture you’ve come up with some pretty horrific things.

Ever tasted haggis?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    It's time for Tav's first chat to meet a brutal end. [Chat] goes to whoever makes post # 1200.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Blood fucking pudding.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Whee!

Edit: Oh gay.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Blood fucking pudding.
    It's called black pudding you stupid twat. Also, it's delicious.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Ever tasted haggis?

The goat stomach really makes it.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ever tasted haggis?
    No, I make a habit of avoiding things that have done food processing before me.

stilist on
This discussion has been closed.