As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommend me a game like Sky Odyssey

Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
When the Playstation 2 first came out, I was an N64 kid and didn't even pay any attention to it. My grandmother surprised me with one with SSX and Sky Odyssey for Christmas, and I emphasize the word surprised.

SkyOdyssey_Banking_01_Smooth.jpg

SSX got boring after awhile, but I'll still boot up Sky Odyssey every now and then. If you've never played it, it's a flight game where all you pretty much do is explore these islands with your planes, and it has this calming, almost zen-like feel (excepting certain levels, I'M LOOKING AT YOU WATERFALL!).

Have any flight sims (preferably not highly realistic ones) come out recently with the same kind of lighthearted exploration theme? It would be awesome to see this game updated with modern graphics and the ability to seamlessly fly over the whole island chain, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
Raiden333 on

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    you could try microsoft flight sim, if you crank the difficulty/realism down.

or you could try endless ocean, which is a similar thing only with scuba diving instead of flying. you basically just tool around and explore.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You know, Endless Ocean totally sounds like my thing. I don't want MS Flight Sim, I'm not really into exploring stuff I can just look at from google earth. I like seeing new things, it's a habit of mine. I'm the kind of guy that got yelled at by GMs for climbing over mountains in WoW just to see what was past them.

But thanks for recommending EO, I'll give it a rent at least. I forgot to mention, I have PS2, 360, Wii, and I will have a decent gaming PC within a month or so.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    it's more actiony shootery but I can't help but mention SkyGunner here.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, if it involves shooting of any kind it's pretty much out. I like my actiony shootery games, but there's sometimes when I just want to boot something up and play, without watching out for anything other than the wind.

Edit: I'll check that game out, though, it's just not what I had in mind for this.

Raiden333 on