Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
1. Gird loins for home-buying battle of attrition
2. Map out price range versus location\size\amenities
3. Make up new foul words, because regular old cursing doesn't cut it anymore
4. Find a realtor
5. Discover how 99% of them are horrible humans, much like car salesmen, lawyers and mechanics
6a. Re-think this whole goddamned plan
6b. Talk yourself back into it
7. Continue taking off your shoes and peering at pipes under sinks and asking about leaded paint and before or after the asbestos golden years?
8. Wonder why pre-Mt. St. Helens wood makes a $20,000 difference?
9. Finally discover a realtor you actually can work with. Breath deeply.
10. Finally happen across a house that not only fits your needs, budget, location and re-sale potential, but feels right.
11. Make an offer
12. Wait for head to explode
...and really, I'm simplifying things greatly. I've never experienced such a stressful, frustration and downright painful situation quite like this.
Found the house. Needs a new roof but it's also $100k under my original target budget and still on the Sammamish plateau, which is awesome.