As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mercs. 2 Delayed

Tonberry KingTonberry King Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Games and Technology
Again! God Dammit.

We're now looking at launch window of April 2008 to March 2009 D: There will hopefully be more information on this in a little less than 20 minutes.

And yes this deserved its own thread you philistines; this was going to be MY GTA IV. :(

Edit: I'm an idiot. I freaked out. It looked like a warez site at first. http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51075

Tonberry King on

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Do not worry. They just needed more time to write more lines for Peter Stormare to say sexily. Because god damn't, its Peter FUCKING Stormare.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    :oops:

Sorry if I created any confusion but I saw the bar on the right say "files" and there were names of several retail games. I nearly gave myself a second heart attack considering what I linked to. "Mods" and "Demos" never entered my mind apparently.

Tonberry King on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    sumbitch. I want to shoot levitating buildings now dammit.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Why would buildings be levitating?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This makes me sad, but my wallet seems happy.

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Again! God Dammit.

We're now looking at launch window of April 2008 to March 2009 D: There will hopefully be more information on this in a little less than 20 minutes.

And yes this deserved its own thread you philistines; this was going to be MY GTA IV. :(

Edit: I'm an idiot. I freaked out. It looked like a warez site at first. http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51075

That's kind of a broad range of time. They might as well say "the future", it would be just as vague but less hope-crushing.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    If there's any more news about this delay Pandemic/EA is being tight lipped about it. The conference meeting today with EA only mentioned that Merc. 2 is delayed as well as Battlefield: Bad Company.

If it weren't for the BF delay I would think this was just a result of the takeover of Pandemic by EA but now I don't know what to thing. If something is going wrong internally at EA I hope they don't take another one of my favorite franchises down with them.

Tonberry King on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If there's any more news about this delay Pandemic/EA is being tight lipped about it. The conference meeting today with EA only mentioned that Merc. 2 is delayed as well as Battlefield: Bad Company.

If it weren't for the BF delay I would think this was just a result of the takeover of Pandemic by EA but now I don't know what to thing. If something is going wrong internally at EA I hope they don't take another one of my favorite franchises down with them.

The last preview I read said there were some real issues with Mercs 2 that needed to be ironed out before release. I mean, I want the game, but I want it to be awesome more.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    davidbarrydavidbarry Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I couldn't be happier about this. I loved Mercs 1, and it would be a shame if the sequel was shipped before it was ready. There are plenty of games to tide us over until they release it, they are probably going to dodge GTA IV's megaton-bomb of a release, and the game's quality can only get better from here on out.

It's never pleasing to have to wait for a game to be released, but Miyamoto had it right when he said a delayed game is only delayed until it is released; a bad game is bad forever.

davidbarry on
    davidbarry.jpg
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Do not worry. They just needed more time to write more lines for Peter Stormare to say sexily. Because god damn't, its Peter FUCKING Stormare.

OH SNAP!
    You see what I did there

I did not know this.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We're now looking at launch window of April 2008 to March 2009 D:

That's some launch window.

"Before this decade is out, we should commit ourselves, to landing a man in Venezuela and returning him safely home with assloads of cash."

Tiemler on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Gah! I want that game right now now now!!

Seriously, I do. But if a month or two in the oven takes this game from Dead Rising (awesome, awesome game but with some serious flaws) to something heavenly. I can wait.

Overthrowing dictatorships for delicious money? Hell yes. Even if I have to wait a couple more months to get it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Overthrowing dictatorships for delicious money? Hell yes.

As long as I can still melee and zipcuff said dictator and his henchmen and throw them on a chopper to be interrogated by CIA spooks. Taking the Deck of 52 alive in Mercenaries was badass. Kind of like knifing people or beating them down in COD4 and Halo 3. Says pwned better than just shooting them.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    it's probably a good thing

I heard it was looking terrible

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Well back to Mercs 1 I go, trying to steal those AN attack choppers in area 2 with the explosive cannon and crazy number of rockets.

Arrath on