As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attempting to make a GameBridge actually work...

yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
Okay, I have an Adaptec GameBridge 1400.

The included software sucks BALLS.

There any other software that might work with it, preferably that will record instead of just view? VirtualDub refuses to work, unfortunately.

yalborap on

• Options
    mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I use Dscaler for my Gamebridge. It took a little fiddling with to get it to work properly but the solution was stupidly obvious. I wasn't getting any sound at first and I couldn't figure it out. Then I saw I could set the option for audio input to audio tuner.

On my computer, the only deinterlacing filter that works is "2:2 Pulldown, Flip on Odd". The others make pretty pictures but slow down my machine too much. Your mileage may vary.

mrgilmorean on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I use Dscaler for my Gamebridge. It took a little fiddling with to get it to work properly but the solution was stupidly obvious. I wasn't getting any sound at first and I couldn't figure it out. Then I saw I could set the option for audio input to audio tuner.

On my computer, the only deinterlacing filter that works is "2:2 Pulldown, Flip on Odd". The others make pretty pictures but slow down my machine too much. Your mileage may vary.

What is your CPU type and memory?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have an AMD 64 3800 and 1 GB of RAM.

mrgilmorean on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How recent is your copy of VirtualDub? I have 1.7.6 and it works fine, but I do remember it refusing to work in the past.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have an AMD 64 3800 and 1 GB of RAM.

I could see some core2duo and 2gb of ram likely allowing it to run faster.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dscaler normally works fine on the crappiest crap computers. I've run it flawlessly on a Celeron with 256 MB of RAM. The problem is with the Gamebridge-- the way it handles the video input isn't really compatible with the way Dscaler does things. There might be some way to fix this, but I've never found it.

The best way I've found to handle (viewing) the Gamebridge is to use VirtualDub or Media Player Classic along with ffdshow and AviSynth. You can configure ffdshow to decode RAW UYVY video and then set it up with one of the internal deinterlace filters (Kernel Bob works best for 60fps) or use the AviSynth filter with Decomb's Telecide (only works with sub-30fps video).

I can explain this in more detail if anyone cares.

mntorankusu on